I need to purchase a case for my 8120, and was curious as to what the preference was among other Pearl users. I heard from a friend that the gel/skin/silicone cases protect the device better (from drops, in particular), but another friend told me that the skins stretch after a short period of time, and need to be replaced.

What is the best case to get for the Pearl? A silicone or hard case? I'd like to get one this week, so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AP
    07-28-08 12:25 PM
    As far as I am concerned the best case is an otterbox, which is kinda both a hard case and a silicone case
    07-28-08 12:56 PM
    As far as I am concerned the best case is an otterbox, which is kinda both a hard case and a silicone case

How much bulkier does the otterbox make the phone? Is it still able to be carried in a jeans pocket or will it be too think for that?
    I would like the protection, but I also like the compactness of the phone as it is.
    Thanks.
    07-28-08 06:24 PM
    I too just looked at cases...I wanted protection but didn't want to destroy the look of the Pearl.

I originally went to Best Buy and bought a REM silicone case. Although it looked *alright*, and protected the back/sides, I couldn't put it in my jeans and it didn't protect the screen.

So, after looking around, I went to bestskinsever.com, and purchased the total body skin. It's clear, protects the screen, back, and bottom, and allows me to keep the style of the BB.

I would recommend that.
    07-28-08 08:07 PM
    I find my pearl is alot easier to hold and use with the extra bulk. Ive never tried to put it in my pocket since getting the otterbox since it comes with a holster, but due to the non-slip nature of the silicone portion of the case i would anticipate difficulty.
    07-29-08 11:59 AM
    How much bulkier does the otterbox make the phone? Is it still able to be carried in a jeans pocket or will it be too think for that?
    I would like the protection, but I also like the compactness of the phone as it is.
    Thanks.
    It definitely takes away from the look of the phone...
    07-29-08 04:12 PM
    Silicone or hard? Silicone or hard? Hmmm
    07-29-08 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD