What kind of case do you use and are you happy with it?

I'm looking for an 8830 case that can offer:

a. secure protection (I have a habit of making it hit the floor)
    b. the ability to throw it in my purse OR clip it to my waistband
    c. the ability to use it without having to take it out of the case
    d. somewhat slim size, that doesn't add another kazillion inches to the device, like the OtterBox
    e. fair cost

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    01-16-08 07:36 AM
    The RIM OEM case is perfect as you describe, except for "c". The case for a BB is meant to put the BB to sleep for battery saving.

I believe Seido and Forte make some good cases such as you describe also, to include your "c" needs also.
    01-16-08 09:00 AM
    I haven't been able to find anything I really like, so I just carry mine like a baby! LOL!!!
    01-16-08 10:00 AM
    I haven't been able to find anything I really like, so I just carry mine like a baby! LOL!!!
    Well, don't we love our BB's as if they were our "Baby," I know I do mine!
    I use a Sena leather case for my 8130 I got from our very own CrackBerry store. I get lots of compliments on it, but if I had to do it all over again I would not have spent the $$. I don't like grab it from the side because I'm always pressing the volumn key getting it out. I think VAJA makes the nicest cases but so far they don't make one for the 8130.

Here is the link for the 8830:
    Vaja Leather Products
    01-16-08 10:17 AM
    I've just ordered the Noreve from Noreveusa.com

I will let you know - it is not necessarily cheap at $45.00 US.

I throw my phones into my bicycling bag or top pocket of my hiking pack (or into the lunch bag) and so really wanted more protection and I wanted a removeable beltclip - the case that came with the BB 8830 (verizon) did not have a removeable clip and too much remained exposed.

I _THINK_ that the phone can be used (I hope, I forgot that "feature") while in the case when the front is flipped up.

I also ordered a screen protector from them - it is NOT on the noreve site but when I called, they mentioned their companion sites and I was able to combine orders over the phone.

Again, not here, yet.

Their prices are not cheap but actually, the noreve was cheaper there than on other sites and the combined shipping was under $7.00 (others gouge on shipping) for 2-day.
    01-16-08 10:44 AM
    It is my undersatnding the Sena does not make cases for the 8130 only the 8100 Pearls. I purchased a ccase last year from Sena and learned the hard way it wasn't made for teh 8130. I called their support and they did not have plans to make a magnetic flipcase for the 8130.

Well, don't we love our BB's as if they were our "Baby," I know I do mine!
    I use a Sena leather case for my 8130 I got from our very own CrackBerry store. I get lots of compliments on it, but if I had to do it all over again I would not have spent the $$. I don't like grab it from the side because I'm always pressing the volumn key getting it out. I think VAJA makes the nicest cases but so far they don't make one for the 8130.

Here is the link for the 8830:
    Vaja Leather Products
    01-17-08 12:31 PM
    It is my undersatnding the Sena does not make cases for the 8130 only the 8100 Pearls. I purchased a ccase last year from Sena and learned the hard way it wasn't made for teh 8130. I called their support and they did not have plans to make a magnetic flipcase for the 8130.
    Hey Drew...here is the link to SENA cases for the 8130:
    SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY 8130 PEARL CASES
    It looks like they have a magnetic flip case for one. I bought the pouch model that CB sold (it was actually cheaper than SENA). VAJA does not yet make cases for the 8130. Hope this helps.
    01-17-08 01:02 PM
    CASE UPDATE:

Thanks for all of your case suggestions!

I ended up ordering the OtterBox 1933, even after shunning it at first. It is apparently much slimmer now than the older style, and I really do need the extra protection, since I'm a bit of a klutz!

I was also enticed by a price that was $11 cheaper than the OtterBox site, with free shipping and no tax... I just couldn't resist!
    01-17-08 01:18 PM
    Hey Drew...here is the link to SENA cases for the 8130:
    SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY 8130 PEARL CASES
    It looks like they have a magnetic flip case for one. I bought the pouch model that CB sold (it was actually cheaper than SENA). VAJA does not yet make cases for the 8130. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Cory,
    That is great news to see that their flipper case is now available for pre-order! Even though I initially purchased the wrong case for my 8130 (I got the one for the 8100), the quality of the case is unmistakable!
    01-18-08 10:41 AM
    Thanks Cory,
    That is great news to see that their flipper case is now available for pre-order! Even though I initially purchased the wrong case for my 8130 (I got the one for the 8100), the quality of the case is unmistakable!
    Yes, they make nice products...the only leather ones I've seen nicer is VAJA; their quality is undeniable (so is their price). I also like being able to customize it with your name or initials. I had one for my Dell Axim PDA and the one for the 8100 is exactly what I am looking for, but so far no 8130. I have emailed them THREE times to see if they plan making an 8130 version, but they have never answered me.
    01-18-08 11:08 AM
    Ok, here's a question.... I hear one of the benefits of putting your Blackberry in your holster is conserving battery life, as well as preventing scratches. Putting it in your pocket with no covering can obviously cause scratches, and I hear dust can get behind the screen as well.

So for those of us who don't like holsters, is there a good case out there, preferably one that protects the screen and is reasonably sized enough to slip it into your jeans pockets?

Thanks!
    02-14-08 04:23 PM
    I bought a full body protector from invisibleshield.com for my 8830 and it is absolutely awesome. I highly recommend it and I think it would be perfect for you. It's basically like a screen protector for the entire body of the phone (except for the keyboard and trackball) and it has a lifetime warranty, you should check it out. The best thing is that it doesn't add any bulk to the phone so it will easily fit in your pocket. I've used this stuff for my laptop and my cell phones before the blackberry for over a year and it has never let me down.
    02-14-08 10:01 PM
    I bought a full body protector from invisibleshield.com for my 8830 and it is absolutely awesome. I highly recommend it and I think it would be perfect for you. It's basically like a screen protector for the entire body of the phone (except for the keyboard and trackball) and it has a lifetime warranty, you should check it out. The best thing is that it doesn't add any bulk to the phone so it will easily fit in your pocket. I've used this stuff for my laptop and my cell phones before the blackberry for over a year and it has never let me down.
    Is the invisible shield hard to install?
    02-14-08 10:50 PM
    Thanks Jay, and good question graytshirt.... The only further thing I'd ask is does the trackball not being covered cause any problems? If you've had it for a while and don't have any problems, I guess the answer is no.
    02-15-08 11:14 AM
    I have the otter box as well. 1 small problem is the magnet on the back isn't strong enough to force sleep mode. Not a big issue as it auto sleeps anyways. That might just be my setup. Only thing that's a pain is the car charger I have makes me take the 8830 out of the otter box. Now if you just use the USB port for charging you'll be fine. I do use my car charger a lot so I don't really use the otter box unless I plan on being in a rough environment. Otherwise it's a great solid case for the outdoor adventurers.
    02-16-08 12:11 PM
    I use the Seidio side case because it'll accept an 8830 whether it's naked or skinned. It's absolutely AWESOME.
    02-19-08 01:47 AM
    You may find good price on ebay.
    02-19-08 03:53 AM
    I also bought a full body protector for my BB 8830 WE and put it on the day I got it. I bought it off eBay and is almost identical to the full body film that is selling on Crackberries store. I feel it covers it better than the one on Crackberries store however and is a bit cheaper. It also has a lifetime warranty. I also sent the seller an offer of $15 and got it for that for a total of $20 shipped priority. Since I don't have 10 posts yet, all you have to do is search 8830 Protech on eBay and it will come up.

It takes some time to put it on, but the good thing about the film is you can take it off and re-do it if you mess up. And people who are scared about the soapy water aspect on your phone, its not that much water at all. You dip the film in a bowl of lightly soapy water and apply it on the phone. I started on the battery cover first to get a feel for it since I could take it off the phone (as I was scared about how much water was going to get on the phone). Once you get that part done, its a breeze and just like I said before time consuming. Just follow the instructions and it works out perfect. I love the film because I always hated any sort of case or holster. They just make things too bulky and sometimes trap dust and dirt and eventually scratch the phone. Even with my Vaja case on my iPod it still gets dust and what not underneath and has some light hardly noticeable scratches on it.

To wrap everything up I would def. recommend the Protech Full Body Protector. Its got all the qualities many look for and in a week, month, year you can just pull it off and send it in to the company and get a brand new one if you wanted.
    02-19-08 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD