With the GPS and Google Maps, the Storm looks to be an excellent replacement for the Garmin GPS. The power adapter is in a rather awkward postion IMHO. I'd appreciate experience that others have had.

Thanks,

Mike
    12-10-09 07:13 PM
    ive got a proclip for mine....works like a champ
    12-10-09 07:20 PM
    ive got a proclip for mine....works like a champ
    did you buy the storm1 version?

i was just going to buy a generic one for $10 or $15, but the proclip is pretty tempting.
    12-10-09 10:31 PM
    12-10-09 10:59 PM
    ProClip .... hands down. I'm still using the one for my S1 which I got in February (when ProClip finally came out with it for the Storm). Hard to explain, but it is made extremely good. I had one from Verizon that clipped onto the vent. Absolute junk in comparison. I had another mount that set in the cup holder. Again, junk in comparison.
    The ProClip isn't cheap but it is IMO, one of the best. Study which kind you want and it will last and function the way you want. I got a console mount with swivel along with the charger. Nothing but compliments from those that have ridden with me. Always at my hand. I use a BlueAnt visor bluetooth, coupled with DriveSafe.ly, I can talk on my phone, here my emails/texts easily with my display at my finger tips.
    12-11-09 12:43 AM
    Hi, I'm also quite keen to find a decent wind screen mount at a reasonable price, have looked at the proclips and yes they do look good but 65 euros is a bit strong on the price front. Any other options out there?
    12-11-09 01:39 AM
    For those of you using the ProClip (that was made for the Storm 1) with your Storm 2s, is the fit kinda loose, wobbly or easily dislodged?? I actually emailed ProClip about whether or not I should go ahead & buy the one they made for the S1 to use with my S2 (since they havent made that one yet) & this was their response to me:

While the Storm and the Storm 2 do have the same overall dimensions, the shape has changed slightly, as well as button and/or charger location. When we tested the Storm 2 in the Storm device holder, we found that the phone fit loosely and came out too easily. We are making a holder for the Storm 2, however due to the large number of new products we are developing, we cannot give a specific date as to when this will be available. You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the Holder has been received at our warehouse and is ready for online ordering.

Best Regards,

ProClip USA Customer Service
    Any truth to this? Im dying to just order it because I hate not being able to dock my S2 in my car, but would rather wait if its gonna be a crappy fit. I push a lot of buttons while my phone is docked in those, so its gotta be solid. Thanks!
    12-11-09 03:04 AM
    Thanks for all the info, the ProClip looks to be the best, but may want to wait for the specific Storm 2 model.

Mike
    12-11-09 05:42 AM
    I had bought one for my Storm 1 when I had it, I now use the Storm 2 in it and it fits fine. It's not rattling and shaking in it at all, sits in there nice and comfortably.
    12-11-09 07:57 AM
    For those of you using the ProClip (that was made for the Storm 1) with your Storm 2s, is the fit kinda loose, wobbly or easily dislodged?? I actually emailed ProClip about whether or not I should go ahead & buy the one they made for the S1 to use with my S2 (since they havent made that one yet) & this was their response to me:

Any truth to this? Im dying to just order it because I hate not being able to dock my S2 in my car, but would rather wait if its gonna be a crappy fit. I push a lot of buttons while my phone is docked in those, so its gotta be solid. Thanks!
    If you can wait, wait. The S2 does fit looser in it then the S1 did. Will it fly out, hardly. With my S1, the fit was absolutely perfect. Once again, hard to describe. It wasn't tight, but no slop. There is a little slop now. I'm not going to spend the money again when my current one works great. Just wait a little, definitely worth it IMO and it will fit perfectly.
    12-11-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD