i Have a bold 9700 i was using the vm605 i dont like it so what earpiece do u guys recommend that blocks out road/windnoise, does not echo and is clear

I was thinking the jawbone, BlueAnt Z9, or Plantronics Voyager 510. Which are comfortable i always have problems with earpieces staying in my ear....
    Last edited by wantboost; 06-02-11 at 03:41 PM.
    06-02-11 03:24 PM
    I have had the Jawbone, Jawbone2, and Plantronics voyager pro. My fav is Plantronics voyager pro. It fits well and doesnt, long lasting battery life, and blocks out some of the background/wind noise.
    mirren likes this.
    06-02-11 03:38 PM
    I'm a Plantronics, fan as well. I currently have the Discovery 975 paired with my BB, and even driving in traffic with the window down, people are always surprised if I say I'm in the car. No trouble hearing others, either....
    06-02-11 07:05 PM
    How does the 975 compare to the 510?

How is the ear comfort on the 510

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 09:33 PM
    help??.............
    06-07-11 05:03 AM
    If you're looking for info specifically for the Plantronics 510, I can't help you. I would suggest you use Amazon.com and read through the comments about the Plantronics 510.

I use/used the Plantronics 975 (for outdoors), Voyager Pro (lengthy at-home business/family calls), and the Jawbone Icon (A2DP). All three are excellent BT headsets and all cost a fair amount of cash. For a "one shot fits all", you might want to try the Voyager Pro+ or the Jawbone Icon if you want A2DP and a comfortable fit. I like all the ones I have but out of them all, I'd stick with the 975 if I was forced to choose. It has its own case, which can actually recharge the headset, it's comfortable, and it really does stay in my ear for hours without notice.

Hope this helps.
    06-07-11 04:00 PM

06-09-11 03:21 AM
    Just curious since u say the Plantronics 975 is the most comfertable how come u don't use it for the long calls?

06-09-11 03:22 AM
    i had the voyager pro and now have the icon. the icon i feel does a little better with wind noise but you cannot beat the battery on the pro. i was walking the streets of boston for a big 14 hr sales blitz for fall rush and i was on the phone a good 5-6 hrs on and off and the battery died on my way home.

only prob i found with the pro was that when i wore sunglasses and a hat the boom would rub on my cheek and people would have a hard time hearing me.
    06-09-11 08:29 PM
    Just curious since u say the Plantronics 975 is the most comfertable how come u don't use it for the long calls?

I actually do. I carry that one with me in my school bag but if I'm wearing it when a get home (pub transit, usually an hour), I'l keep it in to continue the conversation. I just put it back so i don't forget it. I try to avoid holding the Berry to my ear; I like to have both hands free.
    06-09-11 09:09 PM
    This is my first post here, I was drawn in by my recent purchase of a Bold and the subject matter of this somewhat old thread. I recently did a major shootout of premium headsets for a magazine (pro/enterprise oriented) and came to the following conclusions:

Jabra Supreme is the best overall headset. Overall sound quality is excellent and the sound listening to stuff like podcasts over a2dp, is great also. Very balanced. Wind noise is basically zero and it's got very good noise blocking built-in. It also comes with an app that allows you to switch between different settings like office, cat etc., to make the incoming audio a bit more adjusted to the surroundings. Only works for Android and Iphone though and it's kind of a hassle starting the app the adjusting all that every time you move but ok... it's more of a bonus. Overall though, the Supreme was great.

Another great one was the Jawbone Era. Not quite as good as the Supreme and more expensive but still really good. Wind noise was almost zero, although the Supreme is a tiny bit better. Noise blocking is excellent but, much like the Supreme, the Era kind of has that pumping sensation going on, as the noise filter kicks in and out when you talk/don't talk. The sound is also a tiny bit worse than the Supreme, especially for a2dp. Overall very good though and has some cool functions like the accelerometer built in.

Another decent one was the Bose series 2 but the wind noise was a bit too much on this one and it's twice the price of the Supreme. Awesome sound on a2dp though.

Plantronics Voyager pro was awesome indoors. Best one in fact. Outdoors and/or in windy and noisy environments, it suffers. For whatever reason the wind kills the audio straight away. I mean, compared to the ones mentioned above, it sucks on wind. The noise reduction is alright but not up there with the rest of them. The incoming audio has a tendency to break up once you're in a noisy area, too. I mean, if I'm calling you from a noise place, your voice will distort. Weird and I've no idea why that happened but it did. Also, it's kind of big and it fits behind your ear so you'll need to try it on before you but it, to make sure it fits you ok. I've also heard from a friend working as a phone salesman, that the Pro breaks down a lot. They're getting tons of 'em back from customers. But that's just his word, so take that with a grain of salt.

Anyway, those were my .02. Hope you found what you were looking for and if anyone else reads this at some point, hope my post was useful to you, too.

Thanks.
    01-31-12 09:17 AM
    Cannot beat noise cancellation of the Icon. I've been in the car radio blasting and have actually asked people if they can hear the radio. They said"what radio?"One thing I have found though is if you use any of the speech text apps like Vlingo or Drive Safe.ly. Listening to incoming is ok but unable to respond or talk to text.
    02-13-12 05:49 AM
    The voyager pro isn't designed for wind protection, the plantronics savor M1100 however is, with triple mic noise cancelling (first of its kind) and a decent built in voice recognition system, free firmware updates and also support from the engineers themself via forum (soundingboard.plantronics.com) make this product top notch. Highly recommended.
    02-22-12 10:13 AM
    You should also look at the Motorola Elite Sliver - this thing is the best Bluetooth I've ever used!
    02-22-12 10:31 AM
    02-22-12 10:58 AM
    how was the Blueant Q2 Bluetooth not even mentioned yet in this thread. Wind Isolation up to 25 miles per house. Awesome customer service too. I wouldn't look anywhere else.
    02-23-12 12:27 AM
    Whats the best Bluetooth for the Bold touch that will tell you the name of the person calling?
    03-02-12 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD