Alright, so I take my storm into the gym all the time, and listen to flycast. Now it gets annoying keeping it in my pocket because it tends to fall out when I am doing certain things. Now I googled armbands for the storm, but I don't think anyone makes a "real/legit" specific armband for the storm, so I just ebayed it and found a pretty decent one, but I am wondering if there is anything better? Also has anyone tried putting the storm on their arm, is it too heavy or bulky?

(This is the case I was looking at on ebay: BLUE NEOPRENE ARMBAND CASE BLACKBERRY STORM 9530 - eBay (item 260345864999 end time Feb-11-09 09:12:18 PST) )

Also I am looking for a decent car mount. It doesn't need to have a charger (because I can always buy that separately. Same thing as before, I don't think a legit company makes a nice specific car mount for the storm.

Here are two I am looking at, got anything better?

Also what do you guys think the best way to hook my blackberry up to the car so everything comes out of the car speakers. (Possibly even a phone call?)
    Last edited by Jester2893; 01-26-09 at 11:40 AM.
    01-26-09 11:38 AM
    This isn't even on the first page anymore...(I hate to bump it so soon, but I need to know asap so I can order everything.
    01-26-09 12:52 PM
    That armband actually doesn't look too shabby; I was worried it would, as I doubt there will ever be an OEM model released for it. I'm definitely concerned about the size and shape of the Storm, and haven't gotten brave enough to take it on my pre-season runs/lifts because of it.

I'm interested to hear what people say about the car mounts, 'cause I'm in the market for that as well.
    01-26-09 01:00 PM
    The best car mounts tend to be ones that suction to the windshield. The ones that attach to a vent may or may not fit well... and then you have to do without that vent, which depends on your particular situation.

Other options are the bean bag mounts, which should grip the dash pretty good. The nice thing about these is that they are easily and quickly removable, just like the suction mounts.

Be aware though... does the mount in the top photo cover the usb/charge port?
    01-26-09 01:07 PM
    Well, I figured I am going to wait on the car mount because my radio doesn't support plugging in my phone, so I a going to wait until I purchase my new radio.

But I am wondering about the armband if someone is using something similar for the storm? I just don't want to feel like my arm is "weighed" down because its big and bulky. The whole reason I got my storm was to safe on the cost of buying an ipod and a new cell phone. You figure an ipod video is roughly the same size as a storm maybe a little smaller and lighter, and I have seen people use armbands for the ipod video before, so what do you guys think? Anyone have one?
    01-26-09 02:25 PM
    When I do my lifting rotations, the Storm is in my pocket. When I hop on the treadmill, the storm is on platform. So I've never worn it on my arm.

I would imagine it to not be a problem, though. Upper arm/upper body are relatively bulky and strong, and even when running the upper arm doesn't move -that- much.

Just get one that's comfortable. You may try going to an Apple store or Best Buy and check out the myriad of arm bands they have. The Storm is nearly the same dimensions as the iPhone, so the band should fit. Or... you can find one you like, then see if that same manufacturer has a model for the Storm.
    01-26-09 03:26 PM
    Well, I figured I am going to wait on the car mount because my radio doesn't support plugging in my phone, so I a going to wait until I purchase my new radio.

But I am wondering about the armband if someone is using something similar for the storm? I just don't want to feel like my arm is "weighed" down because its big and bulky. The whole reason I got my storm was to safe on the cost of buying an ipod and a new cell phone. You figure an ipod video is roughly the same size as a storm maybe a little smaller and lighter, and I have seen people use armbands for the ipod video before, so what do you guys think? Anyone have one?
    I saw something at Target that I was going to get my father for xmas, The name & brand escape me but it plugged into the 12v outlet in your car, then you could tune it to a radio station and it would either blutooth or rf modulate through your cars speakers and it was only about $50.

Anyone know what I'm talking about???

As far as a mount I got mine from the AT & T store (I know I over paid) but it's rock solid, mounts to the windshield with a suction cup and came with a disk that you can stick on any smooth serface in your car in the event mounting to your windshield isn't an option.
    01-26-09 03:48 PM
    best car mount in the world;

proclipusa.com

not cheap, but its a two part system; you match 1 piece to the EXACT car you have and the other to the EXACT phone you have.

love it.
    01-26-09 03:50 PM
    I got a suction window mount for my Storm at Verizon. It was 19.99 and you can put the phone in portrait or landscape mode.
    01-26-09 03:52 PM
    I dont know if Id put my storm in an arm band and wear it at the gym. As sensitive as these phones are it seems like it would just be a matter of time before the phone gets collects enough moisture and it starts to malfunction. I bought a nano just for that reason
    01-26-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD