I'm ordering this BB 9700 tomorrow before the ATT promo expires. This is my first post and will my first experience w/owning a Blackberry. I'd appreciate any & all tips on which are the best accessories for this phone. Thanks.
    12-23-09 02:22 AM
    An OEM charging pod. I ordered from ebay
    Or a lot of people like the seidio.com innocase 2 charger and case combo.

And a Screen protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 05:45 AM
    otterbox impact series case
    12-23-09 10:22 AM
    Get the OEM charging Pod on eBay from BargainCell. It costs like 9 bucks and is a must have. I got three of them and several OEM leather cases for cheap there.

12-23-09 11:27 AM
    OEM Charging Pod
    Screen Protector
    Epik Resin Case

Good to go!
    12-23-09 11:28 AM
    Just keep in mind that if you use a skin or hard case, you need to remove those when you use the charging pod/cradle.
    12-23-09 11:28 AM
    what is so handy about a charging pod? can someone explain?
    Whats the difference than just put a plug into the phone?
    12-23-09 02:12 PM
    what is so handy about a charging pod? can someone explain?
    Whats the difference than just put a plug into the phone?
    saves the usb plug.

you simply sit the phone into the pod, instead of having to find teh cord, and put it in the correct direction.
    12-23-09 02:13 PM
    And, in the pod it instantly becomes your digital bedside alarm clock that dims with the room light level. Gotta have the pod.
    12-23-09 08:28 PM
    Get the OEM charging Pod on eBay from BargainCell. It costs like 9 bucks and is a must have. I got three of them and several OEM leather cases for cheap there.

Thanks everyone. 9700 scheduled to arrive on Monday, Dec. 28th. Can't wait! Who makes the best case for the 9700? I've read a few posts mentioning "otterbox", but really have no idea. Any "must have" apps?
    12-23-09 08:32 PM
    well the chargeing pod looks cool and you may like to use it i have it too cause it was very cheap like 8 dollar, but i dont know whats the big deal with the usb plug at least i am just plug it in on my kitchen table and let it sit there ,not pulling the phone with the plug or something so i am useing the charger normaly and why would it gets loose i mean mine is fine soo far

my 2 years old curve did not get any loose over the 2 years i ownd it and all i was useing is the wall charger .

I use the original case came with the phone i toke off the clip but you dont have to brake it just use a plyer and you can remove it without destroying the case IF you dont like the clip thing !!

I ordered the OEM skin online works great fits into the case too ,may takes a few times to get it loose i mean the holster so the skin fits in it fine,
    but you also can loose it up with your hand !!

I also was going to order a different skin with a more protection on the top i mean where the blackberry logo is so it wont get screchd up but it maybe made with a thicker rubber so it would be a problem to fit it in the holster , but you always can get a after market holster a bigger one !
    12-23-09 08:48 PM
    Charging pods are overrated

12-24-09 02:02 AM
    Cases:

Case-mate.com
    Seidioonline.com
    Myincipio.com

***Take your pick. I got the Seidio Innocase II and the Green Case-mate Bairly There***

Charging pod is great. I can just set it down and it's charging. For me the plus is not having to take a chance scratching the bezel when I plug it in. In terms of overrated charging devices I would definitely say that new Powermat thing. It's so ridiculous. The pod is cheaper and it's exactly what you need.

Apps:

BlackBerry App World - Home

See what looks good to you.
    12-24-09 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD