Just so you all know, I bought one of those hard rubberized cases for my Curve and I loved it untill I had 2 take it off. I had 2 pry it off with a knife and scratched up my side and top bumpers of my phone, i'm so crabby. My phone is only a week old. then, i put it back on without attaching the one top corner incase I needed to get if off again and wouldn't you know I did have to take it off again. when I tried to pull it apart 2 get it off, the case broke. How aggrivating, i would be very careful if you put one of those on your phone.
    04-22-08 06:58 PM
    yeah I had a plastic one on my old blackberry...and i couldnt get it off.. which is good if i dropped it or anything. but anyway i had to use my keys to open it.. and i scratched the top of my blackberry up.. i took huge chunks out of it.. it sucked.
    i understand your frustration trust me
    04-22-08 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. So it's only original leather pouch for me until my Vaja gets here.
    04-22-08 08:25 PM
    I have no problem getting the Seidio case off, with bare hands... As for other cases, a jeweler's screwdriver and some caution work just fine. Impatience is the most probable cause of damage.
    04-22-08 10:45 PM
    the seidio case i have came off very easy, the one time i took it off, and went on the same exact way. very impressed.
    04-22-08 11:01 PM
    I have a silicone case for mine and it does It's job pretty well. But I'm really cautious with my curve also. I'd recommend silicone from my experience. As far as the scratches I understand your anger if you really want to you can get a new housing on Ebay and there not that hard to put on either.
    04-22-08 11:20 PM
    Seidio hard cases have very tiny groove to one side. You have to squeez the separate halves and then pry it open. I have all the cases. I have a sedio rubberized hard case with holster. I have the OEM leather holster and leather pouch. I have the Otterbox amd I have three rubber skins. Right now I am typing from my device via the otterbox. This my day to day case. The otterbox comes off easily like the Seidio hard case. On weekends I may use the leather swivel or the Sedio rubberized. No need to bash Seidio. You just need to look and see where you can pry it open after a gentle squeez.
    04-22-08 11:30 PM
    Seidio hard cases have very tiny groove to one side. You have to squeez the separate halves and then pry it open. I have all the cases. I have a sedio rubberized hard case with holster. I have the OEM leather holster and leather pouch. I have the Otterbox amd I have three rubber skins. Right now I am typing from my device via the otterbox. This my day to day case. The otterbox comes off easily like the Seidio hard case. On weekends I may use the leather swivel or the Sedio rubberized. No need to bash Seidio. You just need to look and see where you can pry it open after a gentle squeez.
    04-22-08 11:35 PM
    I bought a clear speck case with a removable holster for $9.99 plus tax from TMobile. I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it!
    Lupe
    04-23-08 01:09 AM
    Was this the Seidio hard rubberized case? because I was thinking of getting that one.
    I have the Seidio hard rubberized case and I also bought the InvisbleShield Body armor on my curve. For some reason after installing the Invisible Shield on my Curve, the Seidio case can't seem to close all the way tightly. That's just my experience with the case. I don't even use it now; what a waste of $30.
    04-23-08 01:48 AM
    so what are you doing with the case?
    04-23-08 01:59 AM
    so what are you doing with the case?
    it's just lying on my computer desk. I might have to use it if I go to the bball court and have to leave my phone on the ground while shooting hoops.
    04-23-08 02:12 AM
    I put the rubberized Seidio case on my Curve, and I think it's great. I've never had a problem taking it off. You need to find the groove, but it's all good. By the way, I put the Seidio crystal case on my wife's 8800, and I think I like the non-slip rubberized style better (although the clear is prettier). The crystal also shows more scratches (from her throwing it into her purse) than the black does.
    04-23-08 07:10 AM
    I have had the Seidio crystal for about 4 weeks or so and have had no problems. It does show dust between the case and the berry (a small price to pay to show off my crimson curve).
    04-23-08 10:13 AM
    I don't think mine was the seidio case......there was no easy way 2 take it off. Oh well, I just wanted 2 warn people 2 becareful when picking out cases. Thanks for all the feedback
    04-23-08 11:26 AM
    I bought a clear speck case with a removable holster for $9.99 plus tax from TMobile. I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it!
    Lupe
    I give you some best advice: You should put the Micro-Thin screen protector on hard case's screen and on curve's screen also!

Good Luck!

BtW: a speck hard plastic case that I LOVE!
    04-23-08 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD