Good Morning All

I am searching for a bedside charging stand for my Curve 8530,and it seems the only ones I find are set up where it must be plugged into a computer to charge,and that is not what I want.

I would like it to be a stand up charger as I would like to make use of the clock and alarm features on my phone, so it being upright is a necessity.

Has anyone found anything like I described?

Thanks
    03-10-11 10:27 AM
    The 85XX doesn't have charging contacts like other BlackBerry phones, so these are your only choices.

USB Sync & Charge Cradle (with AC Charger) (w/ 2nd battery support) for BlackBerry Curve 8530:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bren S. likes this.
    03-10-11 10:37 AM
    Is it possible to get a usb to ac adapter?
    03-10-11 11:32 AM
    Is it possible to get a usb to ac adapter?
    There is http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Here's a non-mobile link to the cradle I linked you to above Amazon.com: USB Sync & Charge Cradle (with AC Charger) (w/ 2nd battery support) for BlackBerry Curve 8530: Cell Phones & Accessories This doesn't require a computer to charge like that other one does, has an extra battery slot if that's something you'd like too. I think this thing looks kind of wonky to me, and doesn't actually put the phone upright like what you want on your nightstand. The reviews aren't too bad though.

Here's a new idea for you (I just thought of it). Get yourself one of these Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330 Curve Devices (Silver): Cell Phones & Accessories it's for the old Curve 83XX's, but the dimensions between it and your phone are very close. It's the same width (most important) and your phone is 1.5 mm thinner. It has about the same shape on the bottom too.

Of course this pod has the charging contacts which won't work, but you could tear them out or cover them up with a strip or two of electrical tape (that would make it fit better, and you don't want to scratch your phone with them either). You would need to plug your phone in and then drop it into the cradle/stand. It won't look perfect, but it would prop your phone up just how you want it.

Do you have any friends with a 83XX phone that you could compare the two side by side? You could also just go into a carrier store (about every carrier in the world has used/uses the 83XX) and see if they have a pod there to test drive. I would buy from Amazon though because they are usually much cheaper than anywhere else.

I personally really like this idea, and think it would work great. Would sure look a whole lot better on your nightstand too instead of that huge wonky looking stand I mentioned above.

If you go this route, please report back your findings, a pic or two would be sweet too.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 03-10-11 at 04:14 PM.
    Bren S. likes this.
    03-10-11 03:50 PM
    You could go with a powermat system. Love mine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 01:38 AM
    But a powermat won't allow the BB to be upright right?
    03-14-11 11:38 AM
    A DIY system would be much cheaper/easier, and just plug a cable in and you're good to go!
    03-15-11 03:00 AM
    look on ebay for:

8530 dock (you can gt a usb one on there for a decent price)
    & also
    usb to mains

you can get both items on ebay and it works out at around 15 (Around $24)
    03-15-11 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD