View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 07:11 PM
279 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I'm definitely one of the few that prefers the silicone skins. I love having the ability to change colors in a matter of seconds, having them so widely available (and cheap, especially on ebay) and since mine stays in my purse (if I ever put it down which I dont think I have yet hahaha), I don't have a problem with pockets and lint/dust.
    Right now, I'm using the hot pink one from Verizon as I just got it last night, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for some more colors to add to my collection
    07-18-09 02:36 PM
    I'm definitely one of the few that prefers the silicone skins. I love having the ability to change colors in a matter of seconds, having them so widely available (and cheap, especially on ebay) and since mine stays in my purse (if I ever put it down which I dont think I have yet hahaha), I don't have a problem with pockets and lint/dust.
    Right now, I'm using the hot pink one from Verizon as I just got it last night, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for some more colors to add to my collection
    i am also becoming of the skin cases. However, i don't like the oem skins becuase i find them to be thin and slip off easily.. I found a rubberized gel case for the tour on ebay for $5 and i have been using that for a few days and love it...It's like a skin case but its a bit thicker so it doesn't slip off the phone..Also previously i never used skins becuase i always found them to attract lint/dust...and this one does it too but very minimum...Overall the case is great and stays pretty clean for the most part..I love saving money so i am happy that this case worked out for me because i know a lot of the other cases coming out are a lot more money...
    07-18-09 10:46 PM
    I went with a clear case I got from eBay.

I wish I can post pictures and a link, but I have to wait until my post count is higher.
    Last edited by In2uition; 07-18-09 at 10:58 PM.
    07-18-09 10:53 PM
    I went with a clear case I got from eBay.

I would post pictures and a link...but I have to have at least 10 posts on this forum.

-____________-
    lol i remember when i had that problem
    07-18-09 10:57 PM
    Yay! I can finally post pics and links...

I went with this case: NEW HARD CASE SKIN COVER CLEAR FOR BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 - eBay (item 330343973097 end time Aug-10-09 12:01:39 PDT)

I'm not much of a hand model or picture taker lol but here is what it looks like:

P.S. I also have a screen protector on there. It's easier to apply (requires no water) and I like the fact I get three.

Here is what I got: 3 Screen Protector RIM Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 360170478153 end time Aug-12-09 22:54:59 PDT)
    07-19-09 02:46 PM
    i wouldn't mind a case like this is all black...great pics thanks
    07-19-09 06:27 PM
    I was surfing through ebay looking for interesting accessories for my tour and came accross this...They now have the oem charging pod for the tour for $23.95 which includes free shipping..Link is below if anyone is intersted..

OEM Blackberry Desk Charger Charging Pod Tour 9630 - eBay (item 330346003508 end time Aug-18-09 16:34:34 PDT)
    07-19-09 07:15 PM
    At first I didn't like this Boxwave Clear Crystal Gel case but now I like it a lot better. 'course I'd rather have a colored version but they're not available yet. I think they're quite similar to the cases from iSkin... I've ordered the 5-pack for 15.95 from eBay...

07-20-09 07:28 PM
    I have used ScreenGuardz for years on my Blackberry devices but while I was on their web site shopping for Tour screen protectors, I see that they now offer "ScreenGuardz HD" protectors which are made from a different material (PET film) and unlike the original ScreenGuardz which apply with static, the HD protectors use a "mild adhesive". Has anyone used the ScreenGuardz HD product on other devices and if so, how have they worked? How mild is the adhesive?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    I saw that too. I ordered some Screenguardz screen protectors for my Tour. I saw they had the HD ones, but I'm 100% against putting any adhesive on my Berry.
    07-20-09 10:55 PM
    I can't comment on it for the Tour but for the Storm the difference between the 2 were as follows: Innocase covered the top of the phone above the screen and had a hole for the LED to shine through. Innocase II did not cover the top (front) above the screen. I prefer the look of the Innocase II but did not protect the top (front) from scratches. Hope this helps.
    I thought the primary difference between the Innocase 360 and Innocase Surface II would be that the 360 has the screen protector built in.

I had the Seidio Innocase Surface case for the Curve (otherwise known as Seidio Rubberized Hard Case) and it covered the top above the screen and all corners.
    07-20-09 10:57 PM
    Has anyone emailed Seidio yet to see when the Innocase will be released? Also, anyone know if they'll have a holster available for it as well? I've been using this combo on my 8330 for over a year and have been thrilled with it. Now I'm missing it while I'm just using the VzW skin waiting for the Seidio cases/holsters to be done...
    I did....

This is the response I got back from them:

Thank you for your inquiry. The Innocase II and the Innocase 360 for the Blackberry Tour are both in the early stages of their development. Because of this were unable to provide you with an estimated time oft their release. Were working on releasing these products as soon as we can so I do recommend periodically checking our online store for product updates.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Seidio Customer Service
    07-20-09 11:14 PM
    what is the difference between the innocase 360, innocase surface, and innocase II surface? all 3 are under dev by seidio
    There is only an Innocase Surface II and Innocase 360 for the Tour. The Innocase Surface was the "rubberized hard case" we all know and loved for the Curve. I believe the Innocase Surface II will be that same version for the Tour.
    07-20-09 11:18 PM
    I got this one..

07-21-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks for the great pics jsanta11! Me likey!!!
    07-21-09 12:24 AM
    This may be a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of a pouch (preferribly slim) that also has a few CC slots. Ideally something like the synthetic pocket pouch, that will put phone to "sleep" and had like 2,3 cc/dl slots on a side? Help cut down on items in my pockets...
    07-21-09 04:44 AM
    As of now I'm using this silicone cover that I got at a Verizon store. They were out of black but I don't like covering up a nice looking phone. I might just carry mine nakid. hehe

I can't post my picture because I'm new to the site. lol
    07-21-09 07:21 AM
    At first I didn't like this Boxwave Clear Crystal Gel case but now I like it a lot better. 'course I'd rather have a colored version but they're not available yet. I think they're quite similar to the cases from iSkin... I've ordered the 5-pack for 15.95 from eBay...

im liking this clear gel case...I have a black one that im using right now but i'm thining about getting a clear one like this..
    07-21-09 07:58 AM
    im liking this clear gel case...I have a black one that im using right now but i'm thining about getting a clear one like this..
    When you say Gel, do you mean the case (while hard) is still a bendable material? Does this make it difficult to slip in and out of your pocket like the skins do?
    07-21-09 09:56 AM
    I got this one..

Details on where we can find this case
    07-21-09 01:02 PM
    Details on where we can find this case
    its made by case-mate..they have that one and many other colors at the crackberry store..
    07-21-09 01:46 PM

For whatever reason, Boxwave has discontinued this case. After getting your PM about the Flexiskin, I emailed Boxwave to change my order to this one but she emailed me back and said that case has been discontinued and sure enough, it's off their website. She didn't say why.
    07-21-09 08:13 PM
    damn that sucks...i wanted to get this case also...looks really nice
    07-21-09 09:17 PM
    For whatever reason, Boxwave has discontinued this case. After getting your PM about the Flexiskin, I emailed Boxwave to change my order to this one but she emailed me back and said that case has been discontinued and sure enough, it's off their website. She didn't say why.
    What was wrong with the Flexiskin?
    07-22-09 04:14 AM
    Can you get case-mate cases from anywhere BUT the crackberry store... shipping is crazy there..
    07-22-09 09:54 AM
    Bought a black silicone from Best Buy ($15 plus tax) yesterday. Thought I wanted to go naked, but found myself thinking about the backside, specifically the camera, each time I placed the little sucker on some table. Now, I just do it.
    07-22-09 10:32 AM
279 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD