View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 08:11 PM
279 ... 678910 ...
tools
    07-16-09 12:47 AM
    BSE emailed me back to tell me they'd have one out next week for the Tour. They're gonna send me one a little early to be able to post pix like I did for the Curve. They'll be up as SOON as I get it!
    07-16-09 01:03 AM
    I am going naked for now except for a screen protector. The phone is still too new and sexy to cover it up.
    07-16-09 01:06 AM
    Smartphone experts Sidepouch. Just released for the 9630. Best side pouch out there IMHO. Had it for my 8330 as well. No swivel clip so it does not stick out and the standard clip does not come off your belt or whatever it is attached to.
    07-16-09 01:08 AM
    Could someone help me clarify: what exactly is the difference between an Innocase and an Innocase 2? I can't seem to figure it out.
    07-16-09 02:08 AM
    Could someone help me clarify: what exactly is the difference between an Innocase and an Innocase 2? I can't seem to figure it out.
    I can't comment on it for the Tour but for the Storm the difference between the 2 were as follows: Innocase covered the top of the phone above the screen and had a hole for the LED to shine through. Innocase II did not cover the top (front) above the screen. I prefer the look of the Innocase II but did not protect the top (front) from scratches. Hope this helps.
    07-16-09 03:00 AM
    Hey do you guys have any general idea when you think iSkin will have a case for the Blackberry? I know they have cases for the curve and storm now, but do you know how long it usually/ will take?
    OR do you know when Blackberry will come out with more colors?
    Thanks!
    07-16-09 07:20 PM
    Hey do you guys have any general idea when you think iSkin will have a case for the Blackberry? I know they have cases for the curve and storm now, but do you know how long it usually/ will take?
    OR do you know when Blackberry will come out with more colors?
    Thanks!
    If you'd read through the thread you would have seen my original post regarding the iSkin for the Tour:

"I contacted iSkin to ask if they were in the process of making skins for the tour, and this is the response I received today:

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.

We currently have no updates to provide with regards to new models of iSkins
    coming out soon.

We will however take your inquiry into consideration and pass this on to our
    development team and hopefully we can eventually come out with a skin for
    the Blackberry Tour.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Gilbert Santos"
    07-16-09 07:34 PM
    If you'd read through the thread you would have seen my original post regarding the iSkin for the Tour:

"I contacted iSkin to ask if they were in the process of making skins for the tour, and this is the response I received today:

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.

We currently have no updates to provide with regards to new models of iSkins
    coming out soon.

We will however take your inquiry into consideration and pass this on to our
    development team and hopefully we can eventually come out with a skin for
    the Blackberry Tour.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Gilbert Santos"
    sorry for not seeing your previous post! i searched "iskin" in the forums and did not come across that--sorry!

but thanks so much for that info!
    i feel like there's no way there's not one being made now though. if there's not--they must not take long to make. i really hope they do though!

thanks again!
    07-16-09 07:45 PM
    What is wrong with the newly designed beautiful leather case that comes FREE with the Tour when you buy from Verizon?
    I use it and don't forget that it has the proximity sensor in it to shut off your screen and allow you to set different settings in and out of holster as far as ringtones.
    I love it and what is better than free although i know everyone has their own personal carrying style.
    07-16-09 08:12 PM
    where did you see 16gb for 49 bucks?

I currently have a 8 but when I looked for 16 I could only find them for about 99 bucks..

I would upgrade for 49..
    Check these out at Amazon

Amazon.com: 16gb Micro SD card
    07-16-09 08:30 PM
    So I bought an Phantom Skinz for my screen (and maybe will try using the free 2nd on the camera).

But I am prolly still going to buy a thin rubberized hard case when they become available.
    07-16-09 08:49 PM
    What is wrong with the newly designed beautiful leather case that comes FREE with the Tour when you buy from Verizon?
    I use it and don't forget that it has the proximity sensor in it to shut off your screen and allow you to set different settings in and out of holster as far as ringtones.
    I love it and what is better than free although i know everyone has their own personal carrying style.
    the original leather case that comes with the tour is nice...I personally like carrying my tour in my pocket where i know its safe, so i like having a hard case or a rubber gel case..I bought one off ebay for $5 and love it...
    07-16-09 10:17 PM
    The free case is functional in terms of carrying the device but it lacks full protection (leaves the sides exposed) and accessibility to the ports (can't charge it while it is in the case). It will work until something better comes along.
    07-16-09 11:48 PM
    AGREED! i can't wait, the iSkin cases look promising
    though i don't think they wouldn't have a case for this, seeing as they have one for the storm, curve and bold.
    they should, anyway.
    07-17-09 12:08 AM
    BSE emailed me back to tell me they'd have one out next week for the Tour. They're gonna send me one a little early to be able to post pix like I did for the Curve. They'll be up as SOON as I get it!
    That's awesome! had i saw this earlier i would've canceled my phantom skin.
    07-17-09 12:17 AM
    AGREED! i can't wait, the iSkin cases look promising
    though i don't think they wouldn't have a case for this, seeing as they have one for the storm, curve and bold.
    they should, anyway.
    I really hope iSkin decides to make a case for the Tour. I have had two cases for my iPods and they have been great. The case is firm and very protective. I don't understand the film protector though. Is it basically like a removable skin? I can't imagine that being too great in terms of quality.
    07-17-09 12:21 AM
    I have used ScreenGuardz for years on my Blackberry devices but while I was on their web site shopping for Tour screen protectors, I see that they now offer "ScreenGuardz HD" protectors which are made from a different material (PET film) and unlike the original ScreenGuardz which apply with static, the HD protectors use a "mild adhesive". Has anyone used the ScreenGuardz HD product on other devices and if so, how have they worked? How mild is the adhesive?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    07-17-09 12:37 AM
    I really hope iSkin decides to make a case for the Tour. I have had two cases for my iPods and they have been great. The case is firm and very protective. I don't understand the film protector though. Is it basically like a removable skin? I can't imagine that being too great in terms of quality.
    Are your iSkins cases kind of like a cross between a hard case and skin? I love the way they look but not sure about how hard and stuff they are. Hopefully they will have one for the Tour, but I THINK they just came out with the ones for the current berries, so it may be a while to see if they have a market for the berry skins.
    07-17-09 12:43 AM
    the film over the camera, right? i was reading that too, i'm hoping if/when they create an iSkin case for the tour, it doesn't distort the picture quality by much. or else i might have to cut the hole out manually where the camera is. i love the idea of protecting the camera, but if it's really affecting my pictures i'll have to cut it out. i'm really set on the iSkin though, it looks awesome.
    "The iSkin Vibes features a clear, durable camera and flash guard to shield it against impact and damage caused by everyday hazards."
    just something to ponder.

EDIT: oh, you mean the skin protector for the screen? i would assume it comes separately from the skin, so i just won't use their film
    "The iSkin Vibes includes an ultra-clear screen film that helps to keep your screen scratch and scuff free. It's non-adhesive tacking makes it easy to apply and remove when required."
    Last edited by asdfjkandreax; 07-17-09 at 01:02 AM.
    07-17-09 01:00 AM
    Are your iSkins cases kind of like a cross between a hard case and skin? I love the way they look but not sure about how hard and stuff they are. Hopefully they will have one for the Tour, but I THINK they just came out with the ones for the current berries, so it may be a while to see if they have a market for the berry skins.
    agreed, looks like a tough, hard case with all the flexibility of a silicone skin. i haven't used any of their products, but again, looks promising.
    hope they come out with one for the tour asap.
    07-17-09 01:04 AM
    EDIT: oh, you mean the skin protector for the screen? i would assume it comes separately from the skin, so i just won't use their film
    "The iSkin Vibes includes an ultra-clear screen film that helps to keep your screen scratch and scuff free. It's non-adhesive tacking makes it easy to apply and remove when required."
    Yeah I was referring to the screen protector that comes included. I can't imagine it being that great if it can easily be removed. But then again it could be really convenient for those times where you just need extra protection and don't mind the decrease in quality. Can just slap it on and go...

Anyway, the iSkin cases are top notch. I have one for my iPod Nano and it really keeps it sheltered. I would describe the material as a very durable, yet flexible silicone. It is not sticky at all and is hard enough to handle falls and bumps. I really hope they decide to make a case for the Tour because all the other skin cases look really cheap and I also don't want to cover my Tour up in those clear protectors.

My ideal situation is to have a skin case with a screen protector. It's just a matter of finding the best ones for each category.
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 07-17-09 at 01:44 AM.
    07-17-09 01:42 AM
    IMHO, the following is what's wrong: you cannot remove the clip on the back. I personally never clip the phone to my belt; I've had many of them fall off when I sit down or bend over, and have even lost a cell phone that way. I'd prefer to have it sit in the holster by itself and put it in my shirt pocket.
    07-17-09 01:54 PM
    The i-skin seems very appealing, particularly how it's integrated with microban. I will pair it with with my phantom-skin for maximum OCD.
    07-18-09 02:50 PM
    Black silicone skin/case works the best for me.
    07-18-09 02:54 PM
279 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD