View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 08:11 PM
279 ... 45678 ...
tools
    how does it work?
    you can see the screen from only certain angles?
    07-07-09 03:29 PM
    Never bought a skin from Boxwave before but I bought some screen protectors from them and they were top quality. No need for a solution or anything -- went on perfectly and stayed on well.

The ad for the Flexiskin states

"Enhanced with new SmoothTexture! SmoothTexture makes the BlackBerry Tour 9630 FlexiSkin feel softer to the touch and reduces surface dust".

I can't figure out if the Crystal Slip is a hard or soft case but it sounds like it could be good...
    Tour 9630 Cases - Soft and Hard Cases / BlackBerry Tour 9630 Cases - Soft and Hard Cases / BlackBerry Tour Cases - Soft and Hard Cases

They actually have two more in addition to the ones you mentioned.

Active Case - $19.95
    Slim Rubberized Shell Case - $13.95
    Flexiskin - $13.95
    Pure Crystal Slip - $19.95

To me, the Slim Rubberized Shell Case looks almost like the Seidio Rubberized Hard case, which is what I have for the Curve. I've been waiting on Seidio to come out with their cases for the Tour, but nothing is on their website yet. The Flexiskin also looks intriguing. Maybe I'll buy both and then keep the one I like the best and return the other.

Speaking of their screen protectors, I had just bought a set of 3 for my Curve, but then I heard about the Tour and I never opened them. I need to return them to either exchange them for those 2 cases or for screen protectors for the Tour. It doesn't look like they have them out yet though.
    07-07-09 10:22 PM
    I probably should have mentioned the other two... Thanks for catching that. I ordered the two I mentioned above and will post details here when they arrive. I wonder if I'll get them before the Tour...
    07-07-09 11:18 PM
    Invisible skins were voted less than 20%....are they just not that good?
    I was thinking of trying something like invisibleSHIELD (or similar) but don't have any experience with anything other than a silicone and a hard case.
    ...opinions?
    07-07-09 11:36 PM
    Invisible skins were voted less than 20%....are they just not that good?
    I was thinking of trying something like invisibleSHIELD (or similar) but don't have any experience with anything other than a silicone and a hard case.
    ...opinions?
    there good. I had them on my storm. Only bad thing though is that they tend to peal up if to much lint and crap get stuck to the edges. There a pain in the **** to install, but they do protect the phone very very good. I only use there covers now to protect the screen since I never have a problem with the screen ever pealing up.
    07-08-09 07:50 AM
    there good. I had them on my storm. Only bad thing though is that they tend to peal up if to much lint and crap get stuck to the edges. There a pain in the **** to install, but they do protect the phone very very good. I only use there covers now to protect the screen since I never have a problem with the screen ever pealing up.
    Agreed with this. I've used their screen protectors on an 8300 and 8310 with great results. I tried the full body protection on my 8330. Initially it was great, though the extra protection caused a little more friction in my pocket when putting it in and taking it out. The edges on the sides and top started to peel, so I cut the part back that lost adhesion.

For my Tour, I'm going with just screen protection, as I don't really care about scratches or nicks on the housing, but anything that interferes with screen visibility would drive me crazy.

I would have ordered and Invisible Shield had they offered one by now. They haven't, so I've got a PhantomSkinz ordered. I'll see how that goes and see if I need to swap out to the Invisible Shield whenever they get around to offering one.
    07-08-09 08:14 AM
    as any1 used a koskin case like this one from blackberry source.com?

Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Tour Koskin Pocket Case (Black)

i was thinking of just using this case and a screen protector
    07-08-09 08:16 AM

I would have ordered and Invisible Shield had they offered one by now. They haven't, so I've got a PhantomSkinz ordered. I'll see how that goes and see if I need to swap out to the Invisible Shield whenever they get around to offering one.
    I called PhantomSkinz yesterday to see when they will start shipping out the covers for us. I couldnt believe I was actually talking to the guy that is a member of CB and who I talked to through CB in a phantomskinz thread...but he was once again telling me that RIM won't let them have the Tour early, and that they hope to get a Tour come Saturday. Once the Tour comes in, he told he it only takes a minute before the skins start being made and being shipping out the same day. we should be seeing our skins as early as tuesday he said...well see
    07-08-09 09:08 AM
    as any1 used a koskin case like this one from blackberry source.com?

Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Tour Koskin Pocket Case (Black)

i was thinking of just using this case and a screen protector

I just don't like that it does not slip all the way in. Kinda like it was made for a Curve that they just relabeled for the Tour. I guess I will just use my Curve case until someone comes out with one that gives full protection.
    07-08-09 09:27 AM
    I can't find any hard cases that I like.
    07-08-09 09:32 AM
    Has anyone ever tried a case from Sena? It doesn't appear that they have any Tour options yet, but I kind of like that MagnetFlipper they have for the Curve and Bold. It's a bit pricey, but might be worth it if they do make one for the Tour.
    07-08-09 09:45 AM
    is there going to be an otterbox for the tour 9630
    07-08-09 10:10 AM
    Yes, you can only see the screen from straight on. If you are standing on the sides it just looks blurry
    hmm. interesting. i should check it out. thanks!
    07-08-09 01:37 PM
    I have an extra battery and the mini battery charger and this case will be really helpful for me. Because I always have to take the case off a lot on my curve and over time it destroy my cases and now I just keep my curve naked because I change the battery every single day.

http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphon...medium=content
    Last edited by Fashio Nista; 07-08-09 at 02:22 PM.
    07-08-09 02:15 PM
    im waiting for seidio to put out a hard case for the tour..Im getting my tour in august so im hoping by then they'll have it out...keeping my fingers crossed
    07-09-09 05:27 PM
    Is it sad that i've already purchased a pocket case for work and a skin for play..and i dont even own the phone yet?

wait..don't answer that
    07-10-09 03:47 PM
    I just received my Tour cases from Boxwave. They are both soft/gel cases. No pic of the Flexiskin which is black and looks like many others but here's a pic of the Pure Crystal Slip case. (Yes it's a soft/gel case! )

07-11-09 07:27 PM
    I was just looking into the Seidio slim extended batteries rated at 1600mAh (vs. 1400mAh in the standard battery). Since the Tour uses the same battery as the Storm, i.e. D-X1, we can use these same batteries!

In doing some more searching, I found a seller on eBay also selling 1600mAh batteries for only $7.50 shipped!!

1600 mAh For D-X1 BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY 8900 9500 9530 - eBay (item 150349115325 end time Jul-30-09 14:48:00 PDT)

Who will be the first to buy one and compare it to the stock battery head-to-head?
    07-11-09 07:31 PM
    I want the Innocase 360, but the problem is that I called the manufacturer in Houston and they don't have any available right now. I sure hope they have them ready soon, because there really isn't anything out there that I like nearly as much as the 360.
    07-11-09 07:32 PM
    for those who work at vzw stores, do you know if you will have any skins in stock tomorrow?
    07-11-09 07:45 PM
    vzw.com has them in stock with free overnight shipping FYI
    i bought the skin for the storm from the verizon store, i have to say im not a big fan of skins..To me they slip off too easily and generally attract a lot of lint...they are also a little hard to get into/out of the pocket..

I know from the poll question that a lot of you out there do like to use skins..Can anyone recommend a high quality skin that they have had positive experience with???
    07-11-09 09:52 PM
    I am just going to be careful with my tour and show its beauty and plus most cases are crap
    07-11-09 11:07 PM
    I'm planning to use just the Seidio spring clip holster with no case. I've loved it with the storm.
    07-11-09 11:18 PM
    I'm planning to use just the Seidio spring clip holster with no case. I've loved it with the storm.
    Same here. Say what you want about holsters, but I love this thing!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 11:29 PM
    what i was thinking about doing was getting a seidio hard case for the tour and then get the clip that works with the hard case...Seems like the best combo i've seen for bb (besides the otterbox, but i dont need that much protection)
    07-11-09 11:41 PM
279 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD