View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 08:11 PM
279 ... 34567 ...
tools
    i want an iskin. but if they aren't planning on coming out with new iskins to fit it soon, then i'll have to get something else until it comes out. lame!
    07-02-09 10:44 PM
    I've used two types of sillicone skins and they def are NOT created equal (not that anyone said they were). I bought one off a guy with a cart full of phone accessories (like Express Your Cell or something) and it was a total POS! The one I got from Verizon (for $1 less) was great! It didn't slip easily at all. Hopefully they'll have them before Sunday bc I pre ordered my Tour and I don't want to be near that store on the release date!

OT but how many of you are optimists and heading to a VZ store on the 12th to get a Tour??
    07-02-09 11:57 PM
    i prefer the variety that the skins offer. i am horrible with having to coordinate my phone to what I'm wearing.
    07-03-09 05:29 AM
    Is there a case that actually covers the screen portion of the Tour? All the ones that I have seen in stores from previous BBs just cover the edges and back of the BB.

Thanks.
    07-03-09 08:31 AM
    I'm expecting (my Tour) and have a skin for it already and ordered a second. lol My Tour MIGHT run around the house nekkid once in awhile...
    07-03-09 09:50 AM
    I found these leather straps at the crackberry store.. There not for everyone, but i thought some might be interested..
    07-05-09 05:15 AM
    Anyone know if a silicon skinned Tour will fit in the stock case assuming the sizing of phone to case is similar to previous version?
    Last edited by boomhower1820; 07-05-09 at 08:54 AM.
    07-05-09 08:45 AM
    I will be looking for a hard case. there are a few out there that are clear and smoke.
    07-05-09 10:40 AM
    The official RIM skin that is here on the CB store for $10...is also on amazon for like $4. I bought a blue one and a black one for $13 including shipping

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 01:19 PM
    anyone considering getting the charging dock for the tour when it comes out??
    I'm a fan of charge docks. i'll be looking for one after my Tour comes in.. 1 week to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 03:33 PM
    anyone considering getting the charging dock for the tour when it comes out??
    Nope. I have never been a fan of them. Extra cost for really no added functionality over a plain old USB cable. Plus I gave up my desktop and just use a notebook now so for me it is really pointless.
    07-05-09 04:03 PM
    Not a case fan at all. I'd rather the device get scratched up, etc.

It's not worth hiding the phones beauty to me.
    Cases are uglier than scratches in my opinion, so I don't bother with them.
    07-05-09 04:35 PM
    I voted horizontal leather case but I really will just use my vertical Bold leather case, it should fit just fine. Plus it has the magnet in it to turn the phone off.
    07-06-09 12:47 PM
    I think I'm gonna order a couple of cases from Boxwave -- the Pure Crystal Slip (in Crystal) and the Flexiskin (in black).
    07-06-09 04:14 PM
    In the past i also used horizontal cases but i ran into trouble when i had it out and it fell...Its great protection but when your phones out of the case and naked, it could seriously get messed up..
    this is why i'm going with phantom skinz + some kind of holster, not clips though. I'll probably try the one that comes with the phone and see how it works out.

I used to have invisible shield for my old phone and it worked out pretty well especially since I take good care of my phones. Phantom Skinz is supposedly better, so I have some high expectations.
    07-06-09 04:31 PM
    Never bought a skin from Boxwave before but I bought some screen protectors from them and they were top quality. No need for a solution or anything -- went on perfectly and stayed on well.

The ad for the Flexiskin states

"Enhanced with new SmoothTexture! SmoothTexture makes the BlackBerry Tour 9630 FlexiSkin feel softer to the touch and reduces surface dust".

I can't figure out if the Crystal Slip is a hard or soft case but it sounds like it could be good...
    07-06-09 04:33 PM
    Cleaned up all the personal attacks and profanity.
    Stay on topic, do not insult or speak disrespectfully to each
    other or this thread will be closed.
    07-06-09 06:40 PM
    My friend has one for Blackberry Bold - has built in battery to recharge the Blackberry, and both can charge at the same time.

Anyone know of something similar for Blackberry Tour? Would Tour fit in the same hard Holster?
    07-06-09 06:57 PM
    My friend has one for Blackberry Bold - has built in battery to recharge the Blackberry, and both can charge at the same time.

Anyone know of something similar for Blackberry Tour? Would Tour fit in the same hard Holster?
    nothing like that is avaliable for the Tour quite yet.. the tour will not fit the same holster, the bold is a little bit bigger then the Tour, so the tour would just fall out of the holster if you try to put it on it
    07-06-09 07:02 PM
    I like the look of this a lot: http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content Simple, easy access, and looks protective without adding plastic to anything. Comments? Experience with it? First impression?
    07-07-09 09:18 AM
    I don't like that it doesn't slip in all the way. Has anyone found a pouch that the Tour will be completely covered (Like the OEM curve pouch)?
    07-07-09 10:27 AM
    I'm not sure why so many of us drool over VZ's dark bezel if we are going to cover it up anyway. Is there a decent case that is either transparent or otherwise shows at least part of the bezel?
    07-07-09 10:56 AM
    These things dont come with cases anymore...
    It comes with a black leather holster.
    07-07-09 10:56 AM
    I would really like a case like this one that I have for the curve:

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-ru...medium=content

Its the hard rubberized plastic case from seidio.
    07-07-09 11:21 AM
    Just got this from fedex....
    cant tell what kind of protector that is? hard case? soft case? silicone?
    07-07-09 02:39 PM
279 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD