View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 08:11 PM
279 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I found a very nice looking black RIM holster for the tour on the crackberry website...Im not a big fan of leather holsters, but this one is sexy and sleek looking..What are your feelings on it??
    I just ordered this case!

Dont have the phone yet...but at least I can stare at the case and drool over it for a few days until the 12th!

06-30-09 11:54 PM
    has anyone seen a picture of the case that comes with it yet?
    07-01-09 12:01 AM
    has anyone seen a picture of the case that comes with it yet?
    no, i wasn't even sure if it was going to come with one...If it comes with one its most likely going to be a soft leather case..I don't really like those..But if its free i'll take it lol
    07-01-09 12:04 AM
    no, i wasn't even sure if it was going to come with one...If it comes with one its most likely going to be a soft leather case..I don't really like those..But if its free i'll take it lol

on the vzw site under accesories here is the list

Included Accessories
    Lithium Ion Battery (1400 mAh)
    3.5 mm Stereo Headset
    Preinstalled 2GB microSD Memory Card
    BlackBerry Swivel Holster
    BlackBerry Travel Charger with International Adaptor Clips
    USB Data Cable
    Preinstalled SIM Card
    Documentation Kit (including BlackBerry User Tools CD and User Guide)
    Global Support Kit
    VZAccess Manager CD-ROM
    Quick Reference Guide
    RF Brochure
    Domestic/International Voice, Messaging & Email Service (Global SIM preinstalled)
    V CAST Music with Rhapsody (Subscripton, Wireless and PC Downloads)
    VZ Navigatorsm Global Capable
    Visual Voice Mail
    Mobile Broadband Connect Capable
    Be the first to write a review

thats why I wondered if anyone has seen a picture of it
    07-01-09 01:08 AM
    i just checked out some video reviews for the otterbox case, and i have to say it does seem to do an awesome job protecting the phone..My only problem with it is that the tour is such a beauty, and this case kinda gives the device a construction/commercial feel to it..I need a case which is a little more eye-appealing...Great case for construction workers though..
    It is a great case for anyone who is rough on their phone. I have no worries at all to wear my phone into all the stuff I do as a firefighter or in my side job doing mechanical contracting. If I am going somewhere nice or dressy, I can pull the case off quickly and switch to the pocket sheath or a rubber skin or something, I am so rough on my phones that I have 2 berries and just switch back and forth while I order parts and repair whatever is broken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:18 AM
    One thing that I'll be looking for is some kind of cradle. Had one for my 8330 and got spoiled with the touchstone.
    07-01-09 05:08 AM
    i like the phantom skins but i would never buy one because i have never been able to apply screen protectors to my devices.
    it takes lots of time...you have to take your time.
    07-01-09 01:09 PM
    I contacted iSkin to ask if they were in the process of making skins for the tour, and this is the response I received today:

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.

We currently have no updates to provide with regards to new models of iSkins
    coming out soon.

We will however take your inquiry into consideration and pass this on to our
    development team and hopefully we can eventually come out with a skin for
    the Blackberry Tour.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Gilbert Santos
    07-01-09 04:35 PM
    if you want a custom paint job for your tour, you can send it to colorware, and they can paint your device in any color/style you like.. Im not sure what you mean by the reflective screen protector.
    Case-Mate Chrome Case For BlackBerry Storm & Curve 8900 | CrackBerry.com

Here it is. This case has a reflective screen protector to give the phone the all around chrome look. I wonder if there will be a Tour version. This is a cheap alternative. I don't want spend too much for colorwave. Thanks though.
    Last edited by crackavelli; 07-01-09 at 04:49 PM.
    07-01-09 04:45 PM
    Amazon.com: Neon Green Soft Silicone Gel Skin Cover Case for Blackberry Tour 9630: Cell Phones & Service

will cases like these fit the tour? they look different from the blackberry branded ones here on cb
    07-01-09 11:52 PM
    I contacted iSkin to ask if they were in the process of making skins for the tour, and this is the response I received today:

Thank you for your interest in iSkin.

We currently have no updates to provide with regards to new models of iSkins
    coming out soon.

We will however take your inquiry into consideration and pass this on to our
    development team and hopefully we can eventually come out with a skin for
    the Blackberry Tour.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Gilbert Santos
    Maybe we should all ask about an iSkin for the Tour. Even if you don't really want one it would help the people that do. I'm sure they'll end up making one for the Tour but if they see a huge interest in it I'm sure it will light a fire under their butts.
    07-01-09 11:55 PM
    I found this case on ebay.com

Its got a nice look to it..Its priced at $5.97, which isn't too bad at all.. What are your thoughts??
    07-02-09 07:25 AM
    Does anyone know when the Innocase 360 will be available for the Tour? I have checked their website and do not see it available yet.
    07-02-09 07:27 AM
    Nice looking silicone case i found on ebay.com for $5.67 with free shipping..
    07-02-09 07:29 AM
    Does anyone know when the Innocase 360 will be available for the Tour? I have checked their website and do not see it available yet.
    I called Seidio a couple days ago asking them if they have a case for the Tour. Seidio told me there in a process of making a case, but unsure when it will become avalible to the public....

I hope they come out soon becuase I really need a good case when this phone comes out instead of some junk silicone case
    07-02-09 08:13 AM
    Never saw the point is buying cases... I have insurance which will cover if anything too bad happens to the phone.

I'd rather not spend money to make my phone bulky.
    07-02-09 04:34 PM
    Never saw the point is buying cases... I have insurance which will cover if anything too bad happens to the phone.

I'd rather not spend money to make my phone bulky.

cause most people don't treat 500 dollar phones like dumb phones. Cases are not much money to buy and it saves a 500 dollar phone from getting all scratched up and looking like sh*t some people actually care about the apperance of there blackberry, you don't
    07-02-09 04:57 PM
    i'm gonna get an iSkin to use, though it's a shame cause the phone is gorgeous on it's own. however, i prefer my phones scratch-free.
    07-02-09 05:08 PM
    cause most people don't treat 500 dollar phones like dumb phones. Cases are not much money to buy and it saves a 500 dollar phone from getting all scratched up and looking like sh*t some people actually care about the apperance of there blackberry, you don't
    Care about the appearance? If your phone is always in a protective case who actually sees the real appearance of the phone?

I personally would rather enjoy the shape/look of my BlackBerry instead of having it covered with some plastic/rubber protector.

The only use I see is if you don't have insurance or you're trying to keep it in good shape for resale.
    07-02-09 05:41 PM
    I have heard that hard cases can cause scratches from the actual case sliding mere fractions. The case's hard plastic could wear out the phone. Then again this was coming from a source and I haven't seen it in person.
    07-02-09 06:51 PM
    I asked BSE if they would be creating a skin for the new Tour. Their response is below:

Hello D*, We might add a Skin for the BlackBerry Tour to our lineup in the future. At this time its not on the design schedule so we do not have an availability date to offer. Thank you for your interest. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Best regards,

S*
    Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    07-02-09 09:02 PM
    I like the oem blackberry skins. I will be getting one in Red (to match the red on the keys) and a pink one (because I like pink haha).
    07-02-09 09:05 PM
    Does any one know of a cheap alternative to color wave? the last time I checked they wanted me to send in my curve and pay way too much. More than what I paid for it. any help will be appreciated
    07-02-09 09:19 PM
    does anyone know if the case that it comes with is a swivel?
    07-02-09 09:21 PM
    does anyone know if the case that it comes with is a swivel?
    i believe it is a swivel case
    07-02-09 10:07 PM
279 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD