View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 08:11 PM
279 1234 ...
tools
    thats exactly what i want to do as well...i want to have my case ready for when i go buy the phone.. I wanna activate the phone and slip it right into the case so i don't scratch my baby...lol

I would assume that the case if not released would be released shortly after..

truthfully right off the bat there wont be many cases that are worth while available..

I usually purchase a cheap one right from the store as I walk out to at least keep it good until I get the one I want.
    06-22-09 04:06 PM
    Im still going to wait for Seido and Case-Mate to come out with cases for the tour. I have found that they make some of the best looking and protective cases for bb's. So what do you all think?? Getting excited?? I know i am!!
    I love Seidio, but I have been less than impressed with the quality of the Storm cases they sell. If I drop the phone the case opens/shatters and the phone, case parts, and battery door go flying everywhere. My old Curve Innocase was like a rock, from them. Here's hoping they make a quality Tour Innocase.
    06-23-09 05:10 PM
    I'm so excited! Maybe we should all buy some Tour accessories to tide us over till it is actually released.
    06-25-09 09:46 AM
    Speaking of accessories, has anyone used Seidio's 1600mAh slim extended battery? Do you really get 14% more battery life out of it?
    06-25-09 10:47 AM
    I had a question for all you guys, would or has anyone considered getting a Case-Mate Fuel Case for the tour if they make one?? I have read the reviews for this case that works with the Bold, and i have to say, it's a interesting concept. The fact that it works as a super extended battery, it's also a very nice looking holster.

The only negative about this product that i can think of is the price. What are your opinions on a case/battery like the Case-Mate Fuel Case for the tour?????
    I really dont see how the price is that bad.

2nd battery for bold = $50 (1650 mAh)
    quality case holster for bold = $25 or $30
    total= $75 to $80

Fuel case = $78.

I am considering a fuel case for the tour if they make one...
    06-25-09 12:37 PM
    I talked to a rep from ZAGG (makers of invisible shield) and they said that they would have an invisible shield out towards the end of July. She actually said that she went and checked for me about that. Not sure how truthful it is, but that is what I was told.
    06-25-09 03:06 PM
    I used one on my ipod. Gave the ipod to my mom and fixed my zune. The skin is still looking great. It has been on there for over a year now. My buddy has one (I told him to get it) as well and it is working great too.
    All in all, I really like the product. I have one for my zune that I have yet to put on as the zune is in the leather case and stays in my car. God I love wireless sync.
    06-25-09 03:30 PM
    The blackberry store is now carrying a BlackBerry Synthetic Pocket Pouch for Tour 9630.... They look pretty good but i really don't use pouches for my phones.. I am looking more for a nice hardcase for the tour..seido makes nice hard cases and i am waiting for them to put one out for the tour..Hopefully soon after the launch of the bb tour...
    06-25-09 05:31 PM
    ^^my invisable shield for my Curve was $20 at Best Buy. I've only had it on my phone for 2 months and it's already peeling. It looks awful!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 10:48 PM
    speaking of ZAGG i got this email from them today about the 9630 after I had requested the product..

Thank you for your help! We have received your submission. If we determine there is enough demand for an invisibleSHIELD for your device, we will reach out to you for you to ship us your device. Keep a look out for an email from us as the first person to commit to sending in their device will be the only one eligible for the free invisibleSHIELD. Thank you again.

Your device:

Cell Phones: BlackBerry 9630 Tour / Niagra

Thank you,

The ZAGG Hot Gadget Team

I have the invisible shield for my iPod touch and absolutely love it!!
    06-25-09 11:59 PM
    where did you see 16gb for 49 bucks?

I currently have a 8 but when I looked for 16 I could only find them for about 99 bucks..

I would upgrade for 49..
    Yep, Amazon and Newegg. Everyone uses Amazon. I buy all my computer parts from Newegg. I've build 3 computers with parts from them. My last SD card I bought for my D90 I got from Amazon though. No sales tax. Newegg I have to pay sales tax because I live in CA.

Depending on how much you need more space, it might be good to hold out. Once the 32gb cards come out the 16gb will drop. I hear ScanDisk is set to start producing em in fall of 2009. And also the ability to crank out 64gb micros sometime in 2010.
    06-26-09 03:37 AM
    Amazon.com: SanDisk - Flash memory card - 16 GB - Class 2 - microSDHC: Everything Else

that is the link to amazon.com

They have a lot of 16 gb microSD cards.. the price ranges from about $50-65.. Im not sure what the difference in some of them are but they are microsd and will work with the tour.. Hope the link helps.

thanks appreciate it
    06-26-09 03:40 AM
    Yep, Amazon and Newegg. Everyone uses Amazon. I buy all my computer parts from Newegg. I've build 3 computers with parts from them. My last SD card I bought for my D90 I got from Amazon though. No sales tax. Newegg I have to pay sales tax because I live in CA.

Depending on how much you need more space, it might be good to hold out. Once the 32gb cards come out the 16gb will drop. I hear ScanDisk is set to start producing em in fall of 2009. And also the ability to crank out 64gb micros sometime in 2010.
    Honestly i don't see myself buying anything bigger than a 8gb microsd card..right now i have a 4gb in my bb 8330...Currently, it is at least 75% empty.. I take a few pictures with the phone now and than...don't really use the device as a media player so its always got a lot of space..

Those of you who are thinking about getting the 16GB or possibly the 32 GB (if the phone will support it) what are you going to be loading onto the device?? Asking becuase im curious.
    06-26-09 05:42 PM
    I had never even heard of iSkin making cases for blackberry until today I ran across one for the storm. iSkin also makes two for the curve and one for the Bold, so I'm assuming that one for the Tour is on the way. IMO it looks awesome. Once I see one released for the Tour, I will definitely be getting one. Here's the link... iSkin Products for your BlackBerry
    06-26-09 09:27 PM
    I had never even heard of iSkin making cases for blackberry until today I ran across one for the storm. iSkin also makes two for the curve and one for the Bold, so I'm assuming that one for the Tour is on the way. IMO it looks awesome. Once I see one released for the Tour, I will definitely be getting one. Here's the link... iSkin Products for your BlackBerry
    Those are really sharp! I especially like the black one.
    06-26-09 11:13 PM
    does anyone know if verizon will be selling the skin cases on release day?
    06-26-09 11:46 PM
    does anyone know if Verizon will be selling the skin cases on release day?
    I don't see why they'd want to miss out on the chance to make an extra buck. Pretty sure they will have most accessories for the Tour. Like the Music package to put music on your phone, that costs like $30 and includes the usb cable they didn't include with the phone. (I don't think they do this anymore. I hope, I have no micro usb cables. )
    06-27-09 12:47 AM
    Honestly i don't see myself buying anything bigger than a 8gb microsd card..right now i have a 4gb in my bb 8330...Currently, it is at least 75% empty.. I take a few pictures with the phone now and than...don't really use the device as a media player so its always got a lot of space..

Those of you who are thinking about getting the 16GB or possibly the 32 GB (if the phone will support it) what are you going to be loading onto the device?? Asking becuase im curious.
    I have a 4gb I bought like a year ago for $20 (much cheaper now). Only 2 weeks ago did I finally make the effort to put my music on the thing. Depending on battery life, and media player I'm looking forward to never having to carry my iPod around anymore and a D90 isn't really a take everywhere with you camera. I have an 80, it's full. 16gb would be impossible for me to fit all the music I constantly listen to. A 32gb I might be able to deal with.

I wish phones would have a micro sd storage slot for an extra card. I'd be able to deal with hot swapping between 2 16gb.

edit:
    The phone should support 32gb cards. They just can't say that right now because in the consumer world they don't exist yet. Technically SDHC can support up to 2 TB capacity but its limited to 32gb by SD 2.0 format. The only thing it wouldn't support is the upcoming SDXC (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity). It was unveiled at CES 2009, there's nothing in the market right now compatible with the new format.
    Last edited by doomedromance; 06-27-09 at 01:02 AM.
    06-27-09 12:53 AM
    I will be getting the ZAGG for my screen. Have it on my Storm and it works great!

06-27-09 01:02 AM
    This is what I have now.

Innocase Surface, Black

I hope they make something similar for the Tour.
    06-27-09 09:32 AM
    I think we have a winner. Bookmarked and thanks. I would still change the bezel though and battery door. Weird I know.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 06-27-09 at 10:15 AM.
    06-27-09 10:13 AM
    This is what I have now.

Innocase Surface, Black

I hope they make something similar for the Tour.

I don't think you will have a issue finding a case similar to this..
    06-28-09 11:29 PM
    i think i'd prefer a hard case prob. hmm. i actually would prefer no case, but i want to protect the phone. i ditched the case for my env like 4 days after i got it, haha
    06-28-09 11:31 PM
    i think i'd prefer a hard case prob. hmm. i actually would prefer no case, but i want to protect the phone. i ditched the case for my env like 4 days after i got it, haha

I did the same thing with my env.. however I cared a lot less about it
    06-28-09 11:47 PM
    i will be just using the case it comes with.. does anybody know if it is gonna be the pocket case or a holster??!! i already put away $100 this check and i get my next check exactly on the 12th so ill have the other half for the tour plus its my day off its gonna be a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-28-09 11:55 PM
279 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD