View Poll Results: What Type of Case Are You Planning On Using For Your BB Tour???

Voters
467. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard Case (Seido or Other Branded Hard Cases)

171 36.62%
  • Skin (RIM or Any Other Basic Skin)

151 32.33%
  • Horizontal Leather Pouch

65 13.92%
  • Clip

43 9.21%
  • Phantom Skins (or any other invinsible clear skin)

89 19.06%
  • Naked (showing off the sexiness of the tour)

72 15.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
09-24-09 07:11 PM
279 ... 89101112
tools
    Can you get case-mate cases from anywhere BUT the crackberry store... shipping is crazy there..
    you can get them from ebay but i dont know if they currently have any for the tour
    07-22-09 11:41 AM
    has anyone gotten the smartphone experts' snap on case yet? I would love to get some impressions. http://products.smartphoneexperts.co...4A123A5714.htm
    07-22-09 04:33 PM
    Yay! I can finally post pics and links...

I went with this case: NEW HARD CASE SKIN COVER CLEAR FOR BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 - eBay (item 330343973097 end time Aug-10-09 12:01:39 PDT)

I'm not much of a hand model or picture taker lol but here is what it looks like:

P.S. I also have a screen protector on there. It's easier to apply (requires no water) and I like the fact I get three.

Here is what I got: 3 Screen Protector RIM Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 360170478153 end time Aug-12-09 22:54:59 PDT)
    I have been looking at this case today and am really thinking about getting it. It looks great! How does it fit? Is it nice and snug. I just want to make sure that the phone wont move around in the case at all.
    07-22-09 05:17 PM
    [QUOTE=In2uition;3097916]Yay! I can finally post pics and links...

I went with this case:I'm not much of a hand model or picture taker lol but here is what it looks like:

P.S. I also have a screen protector on there. It's easier to apply (requires no water) and I like the fact I get three.

Just wondering... if you ever choose to remove the screen protector, does it leave anytype of residue on the screen???
    07-22-09 08:46 PM
    Does this fit in the OEM Holster?
    07-24-09 07:05 AM
    At first I didn't like this Boxwave Clear Crystal Gel case but now I like it a lot better. 'course I'd rather have a colored version but they're not available yet. I think they're quite similar to the cases from iSkin... I've ordered the 5-pack for 15.95 from eBay...
    Did you order your 5 pack from power.buy123? Are they the same as the boxwave?
    07-24-09 08:21 PM
    I have a clear gel from power.buy 123 just ordered a grey color yesterday.
    07-24-09 10:08 PM
    I have a clear gel from power.buy 123 just ordered a grey color yesterday.
    Would you mind posting a picture or two of how the tour looks with it on? I'm considering picking one up from that buyer as well. Thanks
    07-25-09 11:39 AM
    No problem I will later today because I am on my way out.
    07-25-09 11:46 AM
    Just wondering... if you ever choose to remove the screen protector, does it leave anytype of residue on the screen???
    No it does not leave any residue. I only know this after removing on the first day I applied it and seeing if I can actually reapply it.
    Last edited by In2uition; 07-27-09 at 08:07 PM.
    07-27-09 08:04 PM
    I'm getting really frustrated that I can't find a good case for my Tour. I, along with many others are waiting on Seidio. I have now ordered 4 cases and no luck so far (this is why I hate ordering cases without seeing them first). When I had my Curve, Verizon carried the Seido Innocase Surface case in their stores, so I was able to try it out and instantly liked it. If I hadn't, I could have just put it back on the shelf. Not so easy when it's shipped to you.

Well, the jury is still out on one. I bought the case In2uition mentioned on here.....

NEW HARD CASE SKIN COVER CLEAR FOR BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 - eBay (item 330343973097 end time Aug-10-09 12:01:39 PDT)

I ordered it a week ago and it finally got today...at least I thought it did. Instead of getting this case, they instead shipped me a car charger for a LG enVy. Easy to say I'm not happy.

I also ordered a case from daydeal and it arrived today:
    Black Rubberized Shield Protector Case for BlackBerry Tour 9630

Just to warn people, this is the EXACT same case as the one I ordered from Boxwave (Slim Rubberized Shell Case - Tour 9630 Slim Rubberized Case / BlackBerry Tour 9630 Slim Rubberized Hard Case) and did not like. It's a very cheap looking case. It fits the Tour fine, but just looks crappy in my opinion.

So for right now, I keep my phone wrapped in a cleaning cloth and an Oakley hard case I still had around.

Let me know if someone finds a good hard case. I'm not a big fan of the silicone cases.
    07-27-09 08:42 PM
    I ordered it a week ago and it finally got today...at least I thought it did. Instead of getting this case, they instead shipped me a car charger for a LG enVy. Easy to say I'm not happy.
    wow...that is very odd. Are they going to refund your money or ship out another unit ?

I had something like that happen to me before and the shipper acknowledge the error and shipped the correct item to me and paid for postage to ship the other item back via refunded money.

BTW...I want to let everyone know that my case is exactly like this case (just cheaper):
    http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphon...medium=content
    07-27-09 09:09 PM
    Did you order your 5 pack from power.buy123? Are they the same as the boxwave?
    I received my 5-pack from Hong Kong yesterday. Seller's name is power.emarket. So far I tried on the gray one and it looks very good - better than the clear one from Boxwave. As I said before I think these are quite similar to the ones from iSkin. The other four case colors are clear, orange, green and red. I did notice a small issue -- the speaker cutout appears to have been an afterthought and may have been cut by hand. Let me see if I can take a picture or two.

BTW I'm kind of a case junkie and also bought the Smartphone Experts Click Case in black and red. I would rate them as the best looking cases I've seen but I seem to worry about bottom and top case coverage when they're in use...
    07-28-09 10:22 PM
    You mind posting some pics of it, Cracker?
    07-29-09 08:10 PM
    Did you guys notice that Incipio has a few cases in the works for the Tour?
    07-31-09 10:58 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know of a pouch that will fit the entire device (not leaving a portion of it exposed)? Any other device pouches that will fit?
    08-01-09 03:11 AM
    wow...that is very odd. Are they going to refund your money or ship out another unit ?

I had something like that happen to me before and the shipper acknowledge the error and shipped the correct item to me and paid for postage to ship the other item back via refunded money.

BTW...I want to let everyone know that my case is exactly like this case (just cheaper):
    http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphon...medium=content
    They shipped me another unit. In the different emails I got from them when I ordered it, they mentioned that they preferred a customer to email them about any problems rather than posting negative feedback, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and did so.

It took a week the first time to get to me but this time it only took about 3 days. I really like this case. I didn't think I would like a clear case, but it really allows the look of the phone to shine through.

In2uition's right. This case looks exactly like the Smartphone Experts case he gave a link for.

The only thing I want to know is if there is a "smoke" colored case like the one we bought out on ebay.
    08-01-09 12:26 PM
    has anyone purchased this OEM blackberry case from the blackberry website?
    BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

is this the same rubberized material that the Tour has on the back? i want a shell for my tour, but am trying to avoid silicone at all costs - id like to be able to actually slip it in and out of my pocket
    08-03-09 10:03 AM
    Sorry I didn't have time to snap/post a picture yet. In the meantime I got an email from Boxwave about their new Diamond Crystal Slip case for the Tour. They're soft gel cases and look good to me. I may get one in Smoke Grey...
    08-04-09 12:34 AM
    Did the boxwave or ebay gels pick up lint pretty easily?
    08-05-09 10:19 PM
    has anyone purchased this OEM blackberry case from the blackberry website?
    BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

is this the same rubberized material that the Tour has on the back? i want a shell for my tour, but am trying to avoid silicone at all costs - id like to be able to actually slip it in and out of my pocket
    That case you linked is silicon, it attracts lint like no tomorrow and it's not easy at all to take out of the pocket. I went with the pocket pouch but i don't know if that's your thing... i also have phantom skinz on it.
    08-06-09 12:27 AM
    That case you linked is silicon, it attracts lint like no tomorrow and it's not easy at all to take out of the pocket. I went with the pocket pouch but i don't know if that's your thing... i also have phantom skinz on it.
    ah, thanks for that. damn, i really want a case that has the same rubberized feel to it as the VZ battery cover.
    08-06-09 10:29 AM
    The soft crystal gel cases that I mentioned above (from Boxwave and eBay) slide out of your pocket very smoooooothly and do not attract or show ANY lint.
    08-06-09 11:30 PM
    i ordered a skin and a seidio battery recently, look out for a review very soon for the Tour
    08-07-09 04:40 AM
    I just ordered me a smoked grey from BoxWave... going to give it a try, I like the fit and trim look without the added bulk.
    08-08-09 04:58 AM
279 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD