My gf purchased the otterbox commuter case for her 9800 but the strange thing is when you turn the phone sideways the screen does not switch to landscape mode with the case on, however if you take the case off the screen changes to landscape mode. Could the case be somehow affecting the accelerometer in the phone ? or cud it be an issue with the phone?
    11-18-10 06:50 AM
    My first thought was that perhaps the OB might be pushing on a button or touching the screen so I tested it out. I held in every button (all 10, one at a time) and also touched the screen, while rotating the phone back and forth between portrait and landscape. This had no effect on the function of the accelerometer.
    The only other thing I can think of is the OB is prying the screen away from the body causing a faulty connection which would mean that there is a problem with the phone. Putting a case on it should not create a problem. They are made to protect.
    11-18-10 07:15 AM
    Perhaps the top piece is forcing the screen "up" far enough that the phone thinks the keyboard is slid out. Sliding the keyboard out locks the accelerometer into portrait mode. I've had issues with this case and how it causes the screen portion to "lift", causing a lot of wobbling.
    11-18-10 03:01 PM
    Update

Well I just checked out the phone and case myself just now .I removed the entire case, phone rotated to landscape as normal , placed on the rubber skin - screen rotated as normal , put on back hard piece and screen rotated as normal , finally i put on the front hard piece and the phone did not rotate. What could the front piece possibly be touching that would affect the accelerometer . This OB case was purchased from AT&T should it be sent back ? What possible solution could there be to this problem?
    11-19-10 10:10 AM
    Update

Well I just checked out the phone and case myself just now .I removed the entire case, phone rotated to landscape as normal , placed on the rubber skin - screen rotated as normal , put on back hard piece and screen rotated as normal , finally i put on the front hard piece and the phone did not rotate. What could the front piece possibly be touching that would affect the accelerometer . This OB case was purchased from AT&T should it be sent back ? What possible solution could there be to this problem?
    Also the phones virtual keyboard won't work with front piece of the case on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 05:22 AM
    Lots of reports have been posted here about the troubles with the design and fit of the OB Commuter case for the Torch. It badly needs a redesign. Sorry that you are having trouble. I went with the Seidio Innocase Combo and it works great. seidioonline.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 07:14 AM
    mmmm. the active is under development. wishlist....
    11-20-10 09:12 AM
    The Combo has been great! I am waiting myself to get the Active when it comes out!! I did a review and photos here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/se...photos-547390/
    11-21-10 12:25 AM
    When I first acquired this case I thought it was wonderful! However, the part that frames the slide-up screen is not very sturdy. For some reason it just disintergrates and it does this without the phone being dropped or bumped or anything. I am very careful with my phones and rarely drop them.

Anyway - I had to replace the screen frame part because the part that was holding it snugly to the top of the screen disintergrated. So - now I'm on fram number 2 and it just broke apart at the bottom of the acreen right underneath the menu button.

I'm sorry to have to say that I will not purchase another one of these cases. I will have to go with something else from here on out.

Peace....
    02-25-11 08:20 AM
    I have been using the Seidio Active Case for over a week now and loving it. Here is my review and photos.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/re...-torch-586960/
    02-25-11 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD