03-27-10 07:24 PM
97 1234
tools
    nope. i bought it and had to return it. it's nice but because that other phone is a bit thinner than the storm it does not work.
    Thanks for telling me!
    02-06-09 09:23 PM
    Actually the griffin mount works quite well. Use the iphone3g sleeve that is provided. Very snug secure fit! Best Buy for 30 or Walmart for 25!
    02-23-09 06:06 PM
    I am using a bracketron and I love it but .... after reading another post on this subject.... This looks better

KiDiGi - BlackBerry Storm 9500 Car Mount Cradle
    Working well? I'm planning to get one too
    02-23-09 10:34 PM
    I had and liked the Bracketron a lot, but I had problems using the phone unless it was plugged into the charger.
    Then I tried the ProClip. Whew, now that is one nice holder. Pricey, but way better then my Bracketron IMO. I got the model 968875 which has the holder with tilt swivel and cigarette lighter charger. Nice thing is that I can use it without having to have it plugged in.
    02-24-09 07:09 AM
    I decided to try... The nice thing is you can use paypal... So if its a gip... You can at least fight it and get your money back..I will keep you updated

So i received this unit this past weekend.. It took a few weeks to get and I was starting to get nervous about it until I received a very poorly written email from someone who obviously didn't speak a lot of english. It stated that it was on backorder and would be at my doorstep soon. Sure enough a few days later it was. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. It fits snug and looks very nice. It came with the charging/mounting head (which can be separated from the suction cup mount), suction cup mount and suction cup disk to be used if you don't want to mount it on your windshield. The charging cable is two pieces...The cord exits the mounting/charging head and turns into a usb connecter which in turn can be plugged into the included cigarette usb power plug. I was really pleased about this as the charging plug could be used for other usb devices as well. The other plus is the mounting/charging head mount bracket is universal.... which allowed me to mount it to my bracketron cup holder unit. A big plus in my eyes. Overall, the unit works great and looks great. It's fairly small and in-obtrusive which is great in a car. The only downside for me and its a small one is the struggle it takes to remove the phone. It fits really snug and it takes a little wiggling to get it out. I am sure after a few weeks of using it, it will be easier but it's really not that bad. A lot better than always having to plug in my charging cord.... Looks great and works great!
    02-24-09 05:05 PM
    I did it this way: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hom...1/#post1276460

Since then I added a 3.5 jack to my dash just above the STORM.
    02-24-09 05:13 PM

So i received this unit this past weekend.. It took a few weeks to get and I was starting to get nervous about it until I received a very poorly written email from someone who obviously didn't speak a lot of english. It stated that it was on backorder and would be at my doorstep soon. Sure enough a few days later it was. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the quality. It fits snug and looks very nice. It came with the charging/mounting head (which can be separated from the suction cup mount), suction cup mount and suction cup disk to be used if you don't want to mount it on your windshield. The charging cable is two pieces...The cord exits the mounting/charging head and turns into a usb connecter which in turn can be plugged into the included cigarette usb power plug. I was really pleased about this as the charging plug could be used for other usb devices as well. The other plus is the mounting/charging head mount bracket is universal.... which allowed me to mount it to my bracketron cup holder unit. A big plus in my eyes. Overall, the unit works great and looks great. It's fairly small and in-obtrusive which is great in a car. The only downside for me and its a small one is the struggle it takes to remove the phone. It fits really snug and it takes a little wiggling to get it out. I am sure after a few weeks of using it, it will be easier but it's really not that bad. A lot better than always having to plug in my charging cord.... Looks great and works great!
    Just place my order. Waiting.....waiting....
    02-24-09 08:16 PM
    02-24-09 08:20 PM
    COOL , We all know where you live now. LOL
    02-27-09 01:05 AM

Great! I've been waiting to hear reviews of this product! Thanks!
    03-02-09 10:44 AM
    Actually the griffin mount works quite well. Use the iphone3g sleeve that is provided. Very snug secure fit! Best Buy for 30 or Walmart for 25!
    I bought this one at BestBuy last week, but returned it. The 3g bracket is an excellent fit, but, I drive a truck and wanted to mount it on the dash. I live in ND, about 2 miles from the MN border and work there. It's illegal to have ANYTHING on the windshield (I know someone who actually got a ticket for having a rosary hanging from his rearview mirror!) or obstructing your view.

The limited rotation of the holder on the mount doesn't allow for good viewing while using any navigation software. Also, in my truck (Silverado), one arm was too short, and two, were too tall.

I purchased this one Amazon.com: 360 Degree Rotatable Car Windshield Holder Suction Mount for Apple iPhone 3g black (8gb/16gb) by AccessoryWizard: Cell Phones & Service
    from Amazon (the same iPhone 3g bracket) and it should arrive today. I think it will be perfect and I can also use it in any of our vehicles as it's not permanently mounted anywhere.
    03-02-09 11:03 AM
    Where can you buy that kidigi car mount? I saw it from the company website, but can't figure out where to buy it.
    03-02-09 12:22 PM

-----------
    Yeah, I got one of these as well, and I think the comments are 100% spot on. I love this holder - BUT it is hard to get the phone out, but it is really cool! Nice quality, very flexible...
    03-02-09 02:07 PM
    I use bury (from BURY TECHNOLOGIES GmbH & Co. ) system 9. It consists of 2 parts: base which is a kind of universal part which has to be connected only ones and active cradle which you replace when changing the mobile device. I used to have BB 8800 and now I changed only the cradle which costs only 40 Euro.
    03-02-09 03:51 PM
    I got one from wirelessground.com for $20 including shipping and I like it. They have really good customer service and they are out of Southern California.
    03-02-09 04:58 PM
    Bracketron owners: how easy is it to unmount the Bracketron Grip-iT from the car vent (whether to stow away when leaving the car, or for car-to-car transport)?

Thanks.
    03-02-09 05:42 PM
    I got one from wirelessground.com for $20 including shipping and I like it. They have really good customer service and they are out of Southern California.
    You have any picture with yours?
    03-04-09 09:10 PM
    03-07-09 12:46 PM
    Well I'm not sure the factory price of this but we sell what is called the igrip for $39.99 CND at my store. It is a very nice device, and it has a suction cup thing to attach to the lower part of the windsheild or some smooth surface.

PS. It is adjustable for the size. I have it for my Storm
    Last edited by raymus; 03-07-09 at 01:36 PM.
    03-07-09 01:33 PM
    I bought this exact item and it works very well. The only gripe is that the clip covers up the slot where your charger would go. So you can't charge your phone while it's in the car mount.

For $8.88, it is unbelievable.

Go to Ebay and type: "CAR MOUNT w/Vent Clips for Blackberry STORM 9530"
    03-07-09 03:16 PM
    Lowsol94...How'd you manage that?
    03-07-09 04:20 PM
    [IMG]//c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/m_f924112804ac4a0ca3d670e8dfec8314.jpg[/IMG]
    Looking cool man! How much you got this?

I'm still waiting the one from Kidigi
    03-09-09 01:40 AM
    Is this the same one I ordered????
    Ebay

$10 cheaper than I ordered..
    03-10-09 05:06 AM
    Yeah, that makes me nervous. That desktop charger only holds your phone in by the charging port, and with it being right next to your side window...well, one wrong turn with your window down could be ugly.

Of course this is just my perception on it, I could be wrong. It looks sharp either way.
    03-16-09 05:01 PM
    Its very stable. You can turn it side ways and everything. The charge port is not the only thing holding it in. Same reason cases do not fit in the dock. It is a very snug fit. I have a coil over suspension and it not the smoothest ride. Never fell out even on its side.

Its custom.... Purchased a BB dock (29.99) and a generic phone mount (9.99). Dremel, screwdriver (T5 I believe) and 10 minutes. PM if i can help.

I'll try and get a pic with the phone in it.
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 03-16-09 at 05:31 PM.
    03-16-09 05:27 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD