10-21-10 11:57 AM
37 12
tools
    Either way is ok if the magnet does it's job; Though, I would say that facing out is better because you would be able to see the notifcation LED.

oh, and tp is supposed to be dispensed over the roll, lol
    10-20-10 12:54 PM
    The obvious correct way is facing OUT. Why? So I can see if I have a SMS, BBM or EMAIL without even taking the phone out by simply looking at the COLORED LED by BerryBuzz... End of TOPIC!
    10-20-10 01:51 PM
    Personal preference. Newer cases seem to have grooves on both sides, but I swear that older cases (like 81xx & 83xx days) had the groove on one side only. Regardless, neither way is going to damage the screen. The magnet(s) aren't that powerful.

Personally I face mine in while it's on my belt at work so that the screen faces me when I pull it out. But if I don't have the case on me (it's in a bag for example), then I like it facing out. To each their own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 02:27 PM
    It is personal preference. I have mine face in and upright so that I can answer a call or respond to messages more quickly. In the office or at home, in the charging pod, I can see the LED just fine.
    10-20-10 02:40 PM
    1. In general, "sales reps at local cell phone shops" are ignorant twats. LCDs are not affected by magnets the way that CRT monitors are. The magnets in BB cases are also not strong enough to have any kind of effect on anything except the switch, which is usually located under the keyboard on a QWERTY/ST BlackBerry. Not sure where it is on the Torch, but it doesn't matter because:

2. BlackBerry has included magnets in their holsters since the very early days, but back then the devices simply snapped into the holster clip, screen-in because the entire back of the device was exposed, with the magnet on the outside surface of the holster, directly facing the keyboard (and therefore the screen). I've worn my 2 BlackBerrys face-in in a standard OEM holster with a magnet for 3 years and had no effects whatsoever on the displays.

A sales rep at a local cell phone shop told me that when the screen is facing out, away from your body, the magnets in the case ( OEM RIM cases) will damage the screen and eventually destroy it. Is this true? I own a Torch.
    10-20-10 03:01 PM
    I face it out to see the LED. On the torch it is so low you will not see it when it is facing in...but i'l try it for a bit to see if I like it.
    10-20-10 03:20 PM
    This really sounds like subject matter for a Seinfeld episode. That, or my 90-year old grandparents bickering

Harryl6134 likes this.
    10-20-10 07:14 PM
    facing in.. so i don't have to twist my hand when i need my phone.
    10-20-10 07:31 PM
    Screen in, holster on the left hip, crossdraw with my right hand.

FYI: I'm pretty sure the pic of the Torch in holster with the screen out is Kevin. If you watch the video review he did, its screen out everytime

10-20-10 08:15 PM
    Should face IN so antenna is transmitting away from ur body. IMO

10-20-10 09:48 PM
    I wear mine in a belt holster facing in. The holster front leather panel do not go all the way up (I use my Curve holster) and therefore would leave part of the screen uncovered. Btw, that's the way I kept my Curve as well, face in. Same thing with my 7520 before. I guess I'm a 'face in' type of guy, except for the toilet paper
    10-20-10 10:01 PM
    Someone asked earlier if there was some documentation that detailed facing the device one way or the other.

Yes, there is. My holster came with a sticker.

Side Note:
    Between briefcase, seat belt connector, keys and general knocking around, I couldn't imagine facing my screen outward.
    10-21-10 11:57 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD