I bought the official Blackberry leather pouch without belt clip on Friday. Put my new Storm into it. When I tried to take the Storm out it caught on a ridge in the case and ripped the "End" key off the device. This said the ridge was not that hard - I mean the BB case is not designed to damage the device so my sense is the key on the Storm was poorly attached in the first place.

I went back into the Vodafone store and they said they couldn't do anything about it since my device is a Verizon Storm. They said if it was a Vodafone one they would have done a warranty replacement. They suggested I contact Blackberry when I return to the US.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Do you think that I could get a warranty replacement from Verizon? or is it best to go to RIM directly?
    Last edited by Batman75; 12-14-08 at 07:07 PM.
    12-14-08 06:48 PM
    From what i read, this happend to a lot of Voda users. The case was far too stiff and that edge you speak of was the killer.
    I believe VZW 86'd the case due to this...?
    12-14-08 07:29 PM
    Wow...just wow...
    12-14-08 07:31 PM
    I got my phone from Verizon the day it came out...less than a month ago. My end key was messed up and looked like it was about to fall off (not because of the leather case though). I went into the store yesterday and they ordered me a brand new phone. They also said that I'm not the only person that had this problem. You shouldn't have a problem bringing it back and getting another one.
    12-14-08 07:38 PM
    Great. Thanks for the advice. I'll take it in and try to get a new one.
    12-14-08 08:29 PM
    I got my phone from Verizon the day it came out...less than a month ago. My end key was messed up and looked like it was about to fall off (not because of the leather case though). I went into the store yesterday and they ordered me a brand new phone. They also said that I'm not the only person that had this problem. You shouldn't have a problem bringing it back and getting another one.
    I too, had the same problem. After 4 days of use, the "END" key fell off. I also have the OEM BB leather holster and I do not think that the case caused the key to fall off. I received a new replacement unit in 2 days.
    12-14-08 08:56 PM
    i have the BB case with the belt clip and magnetic flap that verizon was selling on launch day. it seems perfect. it has the bb logo n the front.

but i just checked and my end key doesnt stick out at all, there is no edge to catch. so sounds like your storm was crappy and the case was too tight.
    12-14-08 09:02 PM
    I'm thinking of going with the seido spring clip case. However I don't want the top to rub off or mark it up like it does for the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 09:08 PM
    I'm thinking of going with the seido spring clip case. However I don't want the top to rub off or mark it up like it does for the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats what I did. The BB leather holster with top flap, almost ripped off my green send button. I have been awaiting my replacement for 2 weeks now, should be shipped tomorrow or Verizon is gonna hear **** from me, but anyways, I ordered the seidio spring clip and have been using it since Thursday and absolutely love it.
    12-14-08 09:15 PM
    this clip offers far less protection though right?

does the phone fit in this clip with a skin on? atleast then the exposed parts (the back and sides) would be skinned.
    12-14-08 09:18 PM
    this clip offers far less protection though right?

does the phone fit in this clip with a skin on? atleast then the exposed parts (the back and sides) would be skinned.
    i have heard that it does fit with the skins on as long as they are put on well. It is a lot less cumbersome as well. Can hardly even tell it's on my waste. I do usually prefer the full leather enclosure's, but the one out there that I have tried did not work well.
    12-14-08 09:30 PM
    i have heard that it does fit with the skins on as long as they are put on well. It is a lot less cumbersome as well. Can hardly even tell it's on my waste. I do usually prefer the full leather enclosure's, but the one out there that I have tried did not work well.
    i was thinking of ordering the case, but when i just checked it out, i realized one thing that would drive me nuts. i cant see the caller id without taking it completely out. with my leather pouch, i can just flip the thing open and look into the pouch a little.
    12-14-08 09:33 PM
    got the leather sleeve, with BB branding on it. No problems...my battery even lasts a lot longer with the sleeve!
    12-14-08 09:43 PM
    i was thinking of ordering the case, but when i just checked it out, i realized one thing that would drive me nuts. i cant see the caller id without taking it completely out. with my leather pouch, i can just flip the thing open and look into the pouch a little.
    yea that is my one gripe with it honestly. The regular bb clip holster you can see the LED when you have it off your pants. I like to keep mine in the clip but on my desk at work and cannot see any notifications unless I take it out
    12-14-08 09:46 PM
    wow...
    I got my storm on the first day and the send key came off from removing it from the pouch a couple of days later. I just glued it back on and figured I take it back if it happens again, and when they have some in stock.
    12-14-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD