Purpose: Does your bb brand skin have holes cut out that line up perfectly?

I have the rim blackberry skin purchased at best buy. it does not have the holes cut out in the right spots. Yes I purchased it for the tour. everything is just off a bit, but the microphone is covered completely. Well I noticed that when I took off the cover, it no longer muffled my voice when pinned between my shoulder.

I also read taht someone purchased an innocase hard case and his muffled went away. possiblely because it fit better than what he had?

item i bought:
    BlackBerry - Rubber Skin for BlackBerry Tour 9630 Cell Phones - Black - 33346BBR
    09-19-09 04:39 PM
    Hey Kegman - would you mind posting some pics? I'm curious to see how far off the holes are on the bb brand skin you have...

TIA!
    09-19-09 04:51 PM
    Same problem as OP. Punch a hole with a hole punch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 04:57 PM
    ok, i'll even attempt a video. I should have it up by the end of the day, gotta wait till the old lady comes home to use her phone.
    09-19-09 05:05 PM
    I used to have the black version of this case and everything lined up fine. I'm not sure if it's the same one that best buy sells though
    09-19-09 05:27 PM
    I'm not so sure about a hole punch like a previous poster mentioned, but a scalpel or xacto knife would probably do the trick.
    09-19-09 05:36 PM
    Ok, the first one shows the mic port on the bottom. The paper clip is pointing to the actual mic port vs where the cut out is.

2nd pic shows how the outside buttons of the skin dont line up with phone button exactly.

3rd photo doesn't look as bad as it functions. the charging port part of the skin slightly comes over the port and the hole is cut to the right and down of the port. I can still charge with the skin but sometimes it needs to be pulled over so it fits and the skin always returns to the bad position. the volume and convenience keys aren't as misaligned as the left side was. the ear bud jack is also slightly overlapping the top part of the jack.

the final image is the speaker cut out. if you look closely, you'll notice some kind of indentation. Thats pretty much wheere the speaker is, but you notice the tiny cut out below it.

I'd love to know if all the bb skins look like this or did i just get a defect?
    09-19-09 05:39 PM
    Wow, that mic hole is pretty far off the mark, isn't it? No wonder why you sound muffled! This has to be a defect, right? I can't imagine BB releasing an OEM skin that fits SO poorly...
    09-19-09 05:43 PM
    I have a BB branded OEM skin (black) and everything lines up perfect. Hadn't really looked at it to much until now, but everything is perfect. Maybe the first run skins were like the first run tours. My mic hole is centered perfect. The upper left pic looks nothing like mine, my hole is open to both the hole and the small holes. Sure it's OEM?
    Last edited by slvrblt00; 09-19-09 at 06:05 PM.
    09-19-09 06:02 PM
    i linked the product i bought in the first post.....idk if thats oem or not, but I followed suggestions by other posters who said that was oem.
    09-19-09 07:51 PM
    I bought an OEM skin off EBAY and everything lines up perfectly. My only complaint is that the fit is a bit loose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 08:37 PM
    same problem... I love the skins because of their simplicity... and especially the OEM skins bc good solid fit and should be completely compatible etc etc....

but it really seems like RIM dropped the ball on this one - mine has similar problems in terms of lining up with buttons and things, and also is simply too loose on the front. For something so insanely simple you'd think they'd get it right!!!

The release of the Tour (including the trackball issues) has been shockingly sloppy... Good product overall which is why its surprising these small details around the edges are being allowed to bring down the excitement of new product.
    11-12-09 12:05 PM
    i too have the blackberry skin and everything line up perfectly. The one you got must be from a different model bb.
    11-12-09 12:19 PM
    The only area that is off on mine is the headphone jack. It isn't centered but can be used.
    11-12-09 04:13 PM
    The only one that has lined up well for me is the one from Sprint.
    11-12-09 04:36 PM
    I actually just bought the blackberry oem one from best buy (in fact, the link in your first post was the one I saw to make sure they sold it before I went), and I can tell you that your situation is one of two things:

1. That is NOT the blackberry tour OEM silicone sleeve made by blackberry, because all the ones I've seen looked exactly the same and had perfect cutouts for every hole, and the one over mine right now is flawless. This is what I think is your issue, either you bought one that wasn't OEM and some horrible knockoff that couldn't line up holes right, or you actually bought the wrong model one.

2. It actually is the right one actually made by Blackberry and for the Blackberry tour and it's just a horrible defect.

There's no way for you to be absolutely sure that you bought the right one since they're displayed with a piece of foam in it with a cardboard display that hands the sleeve onto the rung, and even if you read that it was for the Tour 9630, someone might have changed it out. Just by looking at your pictures I can tell that does not look like mine at all, like where the speaker port is completely shut, whereas mine is an open oval hole that surrounds the holes.

Either way, you need to take that back into best buy lol
    11-12-09 04:44 PM
    yea theres no way that is a tour silicon..it must be for the bold or something and someone just switched it by mistake or on purpose trying to be funny
    11-12-09 04:51 PM
    I bought mine for like $0.01 on Amazon and It's been perfect since the day I got it.

Well now its $0.72 - Amazon.com: BlackBerry Silicone Rubber Gel Skin Cover Wrap for BlackBerry Tour 9630 (Black) [Bulk Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service
    11-12-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD