Hey guys,

Firstly, I am probably going to purchase the BB 8520 this week free on a plan in Australia.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get this phone? Or is everyone a happy customer? From what I can see, most people are happy with it. Has anyone here used one over a year solid? How do they wear and tear?

Secondly, my main question.

What exactly comes in the box? My provider doesn't really inform extremely well.
    Does it come with a USB connecter cable? If not, must I buy one to use to update the OS to OS 5?
    Is it a specific cable? or just simply any USB>MiniUSB?

Thanks so much BB users, this will be my first BB and I want to enjoy it!
    03-09-10 09:49 AM
    This phone hasn't been out a year.

Mine came with the phone, battery, USB cord, a manuel, some safety info, a set of headphones, and a wall charger.
    03-09-10 09:50 AM
    This phone hasn't been out a year.

Mine came with the phone, battery, USB cord, a manuel, some safety info, a set of headphones, and a wall charger.
    Oh, haha.. my bad, I seen reviews coming from 2008 and assumed it has been out for just over a year. Probably incorrect dating or way before release.

So, are you really happy with the 8520?
    I hope mine comes with a USB cord so i can update straight to OS5 and just get used to os 5 instead of starting out and then updating later.

Every "What's in the box" Detail I find sais the following

What's in the box?
    •BlackBerry 8520 Curve Handset
    •Genuine BlackBerry Battery
    •Genuine BlackBerry Travel Charger - Black
    •Instruction manual
    •Software CD

Non eof them mention USB cord
    Last edited by BBilly; 03-09-10 at 10:04 AM.
    03-09-10 10:02 AM
    It wasn't my first choice when I upgraded to a new BB but it does the job.
    03-09-10 10:02 AM
    Is a great bb, the only down side -for me, at least- was that it didn't came with a holster

And yes, the usb cord in theory must be a must isn't?... If not, is a micro usb type I think, not mini usb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 11:26 AM
    I got mine two weeks post release, and it has been nothing but great. Mine did come with a usb. Dont hesitate to give this Berry a shot.
    03-09-10 11:28 AM
    Hey guys,

Firstly, I am probably going to purchase the BB 8520 this week free on a plan in Australia.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get this phone? Or is everyone a happy customer? From what I can see, most people are happy with it. Has anyone here used one over a year solid? How do they wear and tear?

It will wear/tear as much as you let it. Keeping on the holster, adding a screen shield and not letting it drop do wonders to device life. Mine only has a lightly scratched battery cover and the "help me locate" dot on the 5/D key is now even faster to locate (since the paint is gone there).

I am pretty happy with it (thou I will always want a Bold) and I advertise this device to everyone smartphone-friendly. Now, about using it over an year, nobody can answe, since this device has not been out that long. So far thou, it works better than out of the box (cause I tweak a lot).

Secondly, my main question.

What exactly comes in the box? My provider doesn't really inform extremely well.
    Does it come with a USB connecter cable? If not, must I buy one to use to update the OS to OS 5?
    Is it a specific cable? or just simply any USB>MiniUSB?

8520 device, Wall Charger, MiniUSB cable, CD rom. Gonna have to go Amazon for a leather pouch, but 8900's fit as a glove.

Thanks so much BB users, this will be my first BB and I want to enjoy it!
    We're here to help. Welcome to the World of Blackberry.
    03-09-10 01:08 PM
    Cheers so much everyone, I will most probably pick one up this week and get it straight onto OS 5.!
    03-09-10 07:38 PM
    Cheers so much everyone, I will most probably pick one up this week and get it straight onto OS 5.!
    First, welcome to Crackberry and please come back often and explore all the tools on the website. As to your specific question, every one I have seen here in the US came with a Micro USB Cable in the box and I expect yours will also. If you already have a Micro USB Cable it should work also. The one that came with my GPS is also a Micro USB cable and works great for both devices. If you have a Mini USB Cable, you can also purchase a Mini to Micro Adapter for anywhere from $1.00 to $10.00 depending on where you purchase. But again, I think you will find the cable you need in the box. Again, welcome aboard.
    03-09-10 10:30 PM
    Along with what everyone else said, your Blackberry may already come with OS 5.0
    03-10-10 01:11 PM
    If it's a 8530, it will.
    No news of 5.0 loaded 8520s being shipped thou. Sadly.
    03-10-10 01:40 PM
    Hey guys!

I got my BB 8520 today!

And it came with the USB cord even though the clerk said it's not listed so it doesn't... But what do they know lol.

Just giving it a big battery expansion charge getting it ready to put OS 5.0
    As it came with 4.
    03-11-10 02:01 AM
    its always good to see new people joining the Blackberry Nation... Whenever I sell a blackberry at RadioShack I always tell them to come ask me for information if they need help and/or come to this forum...
    03-11-10 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD