I have a car charger for my 8530. I'll plug it in when its at like 85% and it'll charge up to 100 in about 10 minutes. When I unplug it, the battery starts to drain REALLY fast; about 1% every minute to two minutes. Is there any way to fix this? I just wanna be able to charge my bb in my car and have it stay charged. There is no apps in the background that could be causing this. It ONLY happens after unplugging from car charger

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-04-10 08:53 PM
    Sometimes the car charges will falsely show that the device is fully charged. Your device is probably not charged all the way, and drains @ that type of rate until it reaches where the battery actually is charged til.

I dont personally think there is an issue with the device, unless it does the same off the home charger.
    06-04-10 08:55 PM
    Sometimes the car charges will falsely show that the device is fully charged. Your device is probably not charged all the way, and drains @ that type of rate until it reaches where the battery actually is charged til.

I dont personally think there is an issue with the device, unless it does the same off the home charger.
    It doesn't do it off the home charger. If I keep it plugged into the car after it reaches 100% or what it thinks as 100, would it still keep charging up?

06-04-10 09:10 PM
    It doesn't do it off the home charger. If I keep it plugged into the car after it reaches 100% or what it thinks as 100, would it still keep charging up?

Yupp, most likely.

One great thing, not sure if you are aware, but with a BlackBerry battery, you can NEVER over charge it. The battery will cut off the charging once it has completed charging, and you could continue to have it plugged in, and cause no damage like you may on other devices.

Personally. I would leave it plugged in the charger until you are at your destination since no harm will be caused.
    06-04-10 09:12 PM
    Wow thanks, your response was quick and precise. If there was a Kudos button I'd be giving you +1

06-04-10 09:59 PM
    also the car charger doesn't have the memory that the home charger has to let you know the phone is charged.
    06-04-10 10:47 PM
    also the car charger doesn't have the memory that the home charger has to let you know the phone is charged.
    These charging devices have memory? I used to be a programming major in college, so when I hear the word memory my mind goes straight to something like RAM. Is this what it is like?

06-04-10 10:57 PM
    Not quite sure I understand what was meant by the charger having the memory. The battery meter is read by the device, not the charger. The charger is just supplying the power to charge the battery. It would work fine, if it was left on the charger long enough. I highly doubt a USB cable (another charging method) has any type of "memory" built into it.
    06-04-10 10:59 PM
    Not quite sure I understand what was meant by the charger having the memory. The battery meter is read by the device, not the charger. The charger is just supplying the power to charge the battery. It would work fine, if it was left on the charger long enough. I highly doubt a USB cable (another charging method) has any type of "memory" built into it.
    I don't really care what it says on the screen really, I just want to make sure the battery is still charging on the car charger after it hits 100 on screen. This has been answered. Thanks, I feel better about charging my phone in my car

06-04-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD