01-30-09 04:39 PM
30 12
tools
    So I used to get atleast 2 days without needing a charge with a normal level of usage. Now after using the charge pod I'm totally empty after 24hrs of usage starting from a full charge.

I checked and I didn't have any additional apps running other than default.

Running the 210 os.

Anybody else having this experience?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 11:38 AM
    Nope, no change. Are you sure it was seated completely?
    01-26-09 11:42 AM
    Ya seated fine because I checked and it was full life when I pulled it off.

I did charge it on Friday with a pod connected to a USB cable, not sure if this would have any adverse affects.
    01-26-09 11:47 AM
    SAme here, in fact i get a much better battery life using the pod...perhaps try updating your OS to a newer one ie the 216 is the latest official one.
    01-26-09 11:47 AM
    I do not think it was the pod. Sounds like an app ran all day in the background. As a test, do a battery pull right before putting it in the pod. Avoid using, or very carefully close, all apps the next day.
    01-26-09 11:50 AM
    You may hane a defective pod, which isn't all too uncommonm what you need to do is isolate the problem by not using the pod for a couple of days. Before you plug your phone up to the regular charger for ots main charge (overnight), do a battery pull to ensure all apps are closed. Doing this for a few days will give you a control group to bounce off from. Then use the pod for a few daysz, again make sure you do a battery pull prior to charging to take the apps out of the equation. If you notice a drastic loss in battery stamina then it's a safe bat that your pod is defective and needs to be replaced. If you do not see any significant difference between the two charging methods then you should repeat the procedure for both the pos and the travel charger WITHOUT doing the battery pull. This will tell you if you are habitually (inadvertantly or not) charging the phone with a bunch of apps still running.

Hope this helps

01-26-09 11:58 AM
    How would the pod be defective? It works or it doesn't.
    01-26-09 12:02 PM
    i have the same problem, i posted in another thread. and recently upgraded to .216

i have a feeling that my pod might be defective as well, but i also am confused as to how it could be broken.

perhaps the contacts aren't wired correctly? maybe the contacts on my bold aren't as efficient as the mini usb port... i will be running a few tests before i go out and buy a new battery... this sucks
    01-26-09 12:30 PM
    There are dozens of reasons that the pod could be charging but not as effectively as the travel charger. But to prove my point I want you to go out to your car and, with a wrench, touch both battery terminals at the same time. Now grab a coat hangar and do the same thing. The difference in pain you feel is called current.

01-26-09 01:31 PM
    If the voltage is not correct, the phone will not take the charge. Also it was mentioned the phone was charged to 100% and then went down. It could mean damage was done to the battery if an overcharge was performed, however the battery, not the pod, regulates the charge. Not trying to be argumentative, however I don't like seeing someone chase down the wrong issue.
    01-26-09 01:35 PM
    All great points, I just did a battery pull and I'm going to do a full charge now and see if I get better performance.

It would suck if the pods are defective since I ordered them on Ebay.
    01-26-09 02:33 PM
    All great points, I just did a battery pull and I'm going to do a full charge now and see if I get better performance.

It would suck if the pods are defective since I ordered them on Ebay.
    agreed my oem pod is from ebay as well...
    01-26-09 04:29 PM
    The pod actually makes my battery run longer, BUT DO NOT PUT ON POD WITH USB CONNECTED OR YOU WILL FRY YOUR BATT.
    01-26-09 04:34 PM
    i think jrgonz454 is right, i read you aren't supposed to use the pod with a usb cable, only the cable that plugs into the wall
    01-26-09 04:51 PM
    i think jrgonz454 is right, i read you aren't supposed to use the pod with a usb cable, only the cable that plugs into the wall
    Why? You know it only puts out 5V (max for USB), and the battery regulates the charge. I would be more worried about the wall charger.
    01-26-09 04:54 PM
    The pod actually makes my battery run longer, BUT DO NOT PUT ON POD WITH USB CONNECTED OR YOU WILL FRY YOUR BATT.
    Well ****, I did this, I probably ruined my battery. This is exactly what I was afraid I did.

Where is the source of this information?
    01-26-09 06:12 PM

If that's the case, wouldn't RIM put that on the packaging?
    01-26-09 06:45 PM
    Been using the pod every night for over a month, no issues. Why would Blackberry give you a cable that would fry your phone? And all the pod does is route power to contacts on the side, nothing more. This is FUD.
    01-26-09 06:47 PM
    Yeah I have a really hard time believing that USB cable + pod fries your battery...
    01-26-09 06:50 PM
    I use it on USB every night with no problem and no noticeable decrease in phone battery life
    @OS.216
    01-26-09 08:11 PM
    my apologies i missed lunch

the part i read and forgot is that you can't use the usb to synch
    you CAN use it to charge. I don't leave my computer on 24/7 so i have the pod connected to the adapter attached to the wall

sorry for all the confusion
    01-26-09 11:49 PM
    my apologies i missed lunch

the part i read and forgot is that you can't use the usb to synch
    you CAN use it to charge. I don't leave my computer on 24/7 so i have the pod connected to the adapter attached to the wall

sorry for all the confusion
    usb connected to a computer
    There are two options when using the cradle base.
    When you plug the usb into the cradle base you can only charge.
    When you move the usb up to the Bold's mini-usb port then you can sync and charge

AC charger
    You can also use the ac charger in any position when the Bold is held by the cradle base, you can only charge
    Last edited by mandony; 01-27-09 at 12:14 AM.
    01-27-09 12:11 AM
    Read mandony's post (very good), then remember that each charging option, usb or the wall plug, provide the same voltage; however, the wall plug will likely provide a more consistant current level than the usb port. It depends on which usb port you use. I would err on the side of caution and only use the pod with the wall plug.
    Just my two cents!
    C

01-27-09 12:23 AM
    usb connected to a computer
    There are two options when using the cradle base.
    When you plug the usb into the cradle base you can only charge.
    When you move the usb up to the Bold's mini-usb port then you can sync and charge

AC charger
    You can also use the ac charger in any position when the Bold is held by the cradle base, you can only charge
    wow i must be drunk today, i should have clarified that i meant usb cable with the pod

i'll just stop before i make this worse
    01-27-09 03:33 AM
    Did a full charge with ac cord and no pod and already things are better. After 8hrs I'm still at full bars.

My battery is fine it must be the pods.

01-27-09 03:39 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD