1st a BB Curve 8330 and now two batteries with a BB Bold 9700. Both devices have batteries that won't take a charge after my wife has had them for a week in her brand new leather purse-style BB case.

Is is possible that the case's magnet is killing the battery? I'm not sure if the case is a genuine BB accessory or a knock-off but the common thread is the case.

If anyone has a suggestion or has experienced this themselves, I'd be interested to hear it.

Thanks,

/ES

Edit: added attachment
    Last edited by webmaster; 05-01-10 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Added
    05-01-10 09:57 AM
    I have been using the OEM slip case for my Pearl for nearly two years now, three for my Curve in a hip holster, and no battery issues.

The two main sources of Lithium-ion battery failure are heat and high current charging.

Guidelines for prolonging lithium-ion battery life

Lithium-ion batteries should never be depleted below their minimum voltage (2.4 to 2.8 V/cell, depending on chemistry). If a lithium-ion battery is stored with too low a charge, there is a risk that the charge will drop below the low-voltage threshold, resulting in an unrecoverable dead battery. Usually this does not instantly damage the battery itself but a charger or device which uses that battery will refuse to charge a dead battery. The battery appears to be dead or not existent because the protection circuit disables further discharging and there is zero voltage on the battery terminals.
    Lithium-ion batteries should be kept cool. They may be stored in a refrigerator.
    Lithium-ion batteries degrade much faster if stored in high-temperature areas.

How are you charging them?
    05-01-10 10:16 AM
    Oh btw I also had a question about that....does high heat temperatures, in a room for example, effect the battery? I figured this falls in to the high temperatures category which made me curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 01:13 PM
    I have been using the OEM slip case for my Pearl for nearly two years now, three for my Curve in a hip holster, and no battery issues.

The two main sources of Lithium-ion battery failure are heat and high current charging.

How are you charging them?
    Charging cradle for both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD