Does anyone know if they make a battery door for the Curve w/o the cutouts for the camera?

The reason I ask is some of us probably frequent places that don't allow camera phones (Fed. Govt. buildings, courthouses, etc..). They usually just look for a lens on the phone to make sure.

My thoughts are if there is a battery cover you can put on that covers up the camera lens, then there is no way to tell its a camera phone. I would hate to lose my phone for a day just because I was on a govt. site.
    08-20-08 06:15 AM
    A good idea IMO, being discussed at the moment here:

http:// forums.crackberry.com /f50/gauging-interest-battery-door-no-camera-hole-58045/
    08-20-08 07:26 AM
    Right, now I've got 10 posts under my belt, I can actually post a link that works:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f50/gau...ra-hole-58045/

08-20-08 07:26 AM
    Dang I searched to with no luck. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 07:52 AM
    I know... just buy another battery cover and put clay over the lens, mirror, and flash hole and you are golden
    09-21-08 07:43 PM
    I work in sensitive areas sometimes and have to use an 8830.

I, for one, am glad that that cameras aren't allowed into a lot of facilities. I'd rather photographs of a lot of things aren't easily available to people that might use them wrongfully.

Of course, depending on your work, you could be facing a loss of employment or security clearance for purposefully and knowingly violating that policy.

Manufacture of a product that would aid someone to do something illegal like that is pretty sad. Stuff like that will probably make phones in general a no-no in some facilities eventually.

Sorry to be a downer, but think about it, and why they have these protocols.
    09-22-08 09:58 AM
    Sorry to be a downer, but think about it, and why they have these protocols.
    i'd have to agree with all of this. the "no pictures, please" policies are in place at certain locations with good reasons. there's no reason to deviate from that policy. if you are in such a zone on a daily basis, maybe you should consider a phone without a camera (the 8800?). yeah, it sucks that you lose the fun and functionality of a camera in your everyday life due to the limitations of certain establishments, but like jdwx said, if people start trying to circumnavigate these policies, we may end up seeing entire cellphone bans in these sensitive areas.

though perhaps the location in which you want to go isn't as sensitive and a battery door that covers the camera lens would be appropriate. if this is the case then i apologize for wasting your time.

-randy
    09-23-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD