I just paid 50 bucks for a superdeluxe battery only to find out when I got it that I need to charge it for 8 hours prior to use...it would have been nice to know that prior to purchase, nowhere does it say that in the ad on this site. So I called around to my local best buy, sprintpcs store, etc. and of course no one was able to help me, they kept saying you should be able to put it in the phone and charge it that way, however the battery packaging clearly states otherwise. Does anyone have any experience w/this, should I return the battery, I really don't want to spend another $30 for a charger plus 5.95 shipping. Any advice you can provide would be truly appreciated, I feel like the country bumpkin taken advantage of by the city slicker
    08-31-09 12:11 PM
    All new batterys have to be charged prior to use.. With extended batterys you should be able to just pop it into the phone and charge why can't you just do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:54 PM
    because the battery package states that the battery should be charged for 8 hours prior to inserting it in the phone, I am afraid not to follow the instructions
    08-31-09 02:01 PM
    I think you are taking that too literally.

When I unpacked my BlackBerry, there was an instruction page to insert the battery and let it charge prior to use. That was the longest 4 hours....
    08-31-09 06:09 PM
    it's a pain but worth it
    08-31-09 06:22 PM
    Why would you return it? The battery just needs to be charged.

1. Charge it.
    2. Use it.

Done. It's not defective and it's not like you need it right away. Charge it and use it. I don't see the problem...
    08-31-09 06:29 PM
    This is a standard disclaimer aimed at people who would just throw it into the phone, give it a quick charge and start using it.

Put the battery int he phone and charge it for the specified period for the first time, it is ok.
    08-31-09 06:59 PM