Does anyone know if after a while of charging your bb to full capacity, does it automatically stop charging? I'm starting to notice that after my bb is fully charged the plug at the end of the charged battery goes away. I never noticed that before. I thought you could leave it charged long as you wanted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 11:28 AM
    Once the BB is charged to maximum it should automatically stop charging, however, if you are one that charges it everynight or for short periods throughout the day then you're actually weakening and shortening the battery life, which is why you could be having this issue. What happens is if for example you charge from a half life for about half an hour then unplug it, your phone is going to think that it only needs that time to fully charge. I've seen this happen and that could be why part of your battery icon is disappearing b/c the phone is still needing a charge but no way to indicate it. Always ensure your battery completly (or pretty dam close) dies before charging. Hope this somewhat helps.
    07-13-09 11:56 AM
    This has been discussed on another thread. Todays batteries do not develop a memory. The chargers stop charging when fully charged. Can't remember the thread off hand but saw it a few min ago.
    07-13-09 12:04 PM
    Thank you guys! It does fully charge and shows 100%. I just wanted to make sure it stops charging automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD