After getting burned on ebay before with batteries, and getting counterfeit stuff... I am now looking to replace the battery in my Curve 8330 since it wont hold a charge more than 10 hours (Probably screwed it up when I used the Motorola Car Charger and Motorola Plug in charger that I had left over from my previous phone---this Curve battery held up for days before using them).

My question is... with all the counterfeit batteries that look like Original Rim, where is a safe place to buy at a decent price?
    Shopblackebrry is the official site and they get $49 for an original, but Crackberry is $19.99. anyone know for sure these are really Rim?
    Also, the battery charger... I need an extra for the office so I dont have to carry it around with me, and can leave one at home and one at work.
    09-28-08 10:13 AM
    They are high-quality and authentic!!

They sell OEM along with extended. Seidio is a great brand!
    09-28-08 10:14 AM
    the ones being sold at significant discount are past their service dates.

if you want a solid battery that will last the test of time, best to buy directly from RIM or an authorized reseller as they will be the freshest lots.

a battery sitting on the shelf for years encounters cell death.
    09-28-08 10:42 AM
    Oakie can u elaborate? So you mean the battery I bought from CB.com won't last as long as the one from say RIM or my cell provider's store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 10:58 AM
    Oakie can u elaborate? So you mean the battery I bought from CB.com won't last as long as the one from say RIM or my cell provider's store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    that's exactly what i said.
    09-29-08 09:46 AM
    that's exactly what i said.
    Can you prove that? Didn't think so. What about 3rd-party batteries for newer models, which *can't* be "sitting on the shelf for years"?

Speaking from personal experience, I used a couple of 3rd-party "eBay" batteries in my old Pearl for over a year with no problem. Just picked up a couple of 8900 batteries and they are performing just fine so far. They are also made in China, *just* like the official RIM OEM batteries.

The warnings against third-party batteries are overblown, imo. Li ion batteries are a matured technology at this point, and are more of a commodity than an accessory with high variability of quality.
    03-29-09 10:22 PM
    It's more of RIM cycles through them faster than others, being as they're the manufacturer of the phone so most people go there to order them.

The 3rd party vendors don't sell as fast, so you have more of a chance of them getting cell death. Not sure what the CB turn around is on them, but the chance is there regardless.

Example is when you go to a store and buy a remove, wireless device, etc that has batteries included. That could be a slow selling item, so the batteries could be grab by the time you get it. I've had it happen a few times.
    04-14-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD