Is it a good case for the phone as in if I dropped my phone, would the case come off like hard cases normally do? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 06:17 PM
    The barely there case isn't really a good case if you want an all around protection. I'm currently using the barely there case and each time I drop my phone, the case usually comes off the phone. If you want a case that provides decent protection with not too much added bulk, I recommend the otterbox commuter case. Hope this helps.

Here is the link for that otterbox case:
    BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780 Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com
    06-11-11 01:38 AM
    This case would provide no protection except it may protect from scratches when you put your phone on a table. Few cases do a great job in protecting from a drop without increasing the size of the phone to unacceptable sizes.

I laugh when I see someone with a OttterBox wrapped around their phone! I prefer to use my phone naked and enjoy it. These cases get in the way. BUT, if you are one that drops your phone, often, there are better case that the barely there!
    06-11-11 07:22 AM
    I've been using mine for about 2 weeks. I haven't had a problem where the case popped off, but then again, I haven't dropped it on anything hard (only carpet). The case doesn't protect the top or bottom edge of the phone.

I got it because I intended to keep the phone in a case most of the time, and wanted some protection and better grip when it was outside the case. It's fine for that purpose. It fits in my elastic sided case no problems, but is a really tight fit with the OEM belt holster.

I think it's hard to beat a gel case for all around use. I'd say barely there is ok if you use it in conjunction with another case. Otherwise, go gel.

Bob
    06-11-11 03:51 PM
    not a good case if youre gonna be dropping your phone...
    06-12-11 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD