Good day everyone.

I am considering buying the Autostandby program but wondering if the use of my Otterbox case might defeat the purpose of in the first place.

1. If I press the standby button on the top of my 8330, then put the curve in the case, when I take it out, it comes out of standby mode automatically. Would the same ting happen if I use the Autostandby program when taking my phone out of the case.

2. When I put the curve in the case without pressing the standby button, the screen is blanked. Is there really any difference in standby mode with the button and what happens when I put my phone into the Otterbox case?

3. To me the only real use of the Autostandby program would be if you don't use a case the shuts the screen off automatically.

4. How much of an improvement have those that use the Autostandby and a case that blanks the screen, found in battery life?

Thanks for everyones imput.

Mike
    12-29-08 01:12 PM
    I have a silicone glove for my Curve and use Autostandby. It does help with battery life as well as prevent accidental activity when I'm on the go. I don't know about screen blanking per se, but it sounds like some of what you already are using is similar to AS's functions.
    12-29-08 01:31 PM
    Good day everyone.

I am considering buying the Autostandby program but wondering if the use of my Otterbox case might defeat the purpose of in the first place.

1. If I press the standby button on the top of my 8330, then put the curve in the case, when I take it out, it comes out of standby mode automatically. Would the same ting happen if I use the Autostandby program when taking my phone out of the case.

2. When I put the curve in the case without pressing the standby button, the screen is blanked. Is there really any difference in standby mode with the button and what happens when I put my phone into the Otterbox case?

3. To me the only real use of the Autostandby program would be if you don't use a case the shuts the screen off automatically.

4. How much of an improvement have those that use the Autostandby and a case that blanks the screen, found in battery life?

Thanks for everyones imput.

Mike
    in answering your questions in order,

1. if you have what they call a sleeper magnet in your case, it will do that when you take it out. I have auto standby and the answer is no, when you have auto standby enabled,your phone will not come out of standy just taking it out of the case, it will, however, come out of standby when you get a call or message, and another advantage is you can set it up to not go in standby if you are on the web or listning to music.

2.When you put your phone in the case and your screen goes dark it does not neccesarily mean it is standby unless you have what i refered to earlier(the sleeper magnet), then it will put it in a sleep mode which is basically standby.

skipping to question 4
    i use auto standby all the time and with normal use...ie...phone calls, text messages e-mail.. I can go 2 to 3 days without charging, but I normally charge mine every night just in case I wanna get silly and do alot of web surfin on my phone instead of my computer

Hope this helps you
    Last edited by traindrvr63; 12-29-08 at 03:43 PM. Reason: left out some of the words...sorry
    12-29-08 03:38 PM
    I use the leather slip case that came with the phone. Puts it standby for me and works perfectly. I get 2 days but I do a lot of web browsing. If I didn't I would get an easy 3 days. I believe pushing the mute button to put into rest is the exact same as the function of the cases that do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 06:41 PM
    Hey when you say sleeper magnet, do you know if the seidio spring clip holster has this magnet, because I can't tell if my phone is going into standby or if the screen is just turning off. my music continues to play on when I have headphones on, so I'm thinking that it doesn't go into standby. Please let me know, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 12:43 AM
    If the screen is turning off (and music still plays) it has a sleeper magnet.
    01-29-09 01:17 AM
    Good day everyone.

I was under the impression that the holster that comes with the otterbox had a magnet in it.
    01-29-09 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD