I'm struggling, having just upgraded from a Curve to the Storm.

With the Curve, there was a way to set alerts to "vibrate only" when holstered but audible when out of the holster. Does anyone know how to make that option work on the Storm?
    09-09-09 10:09 PM
    I'm struggling, having just upgraded from a Curve to the Storm.

With the Curve, there was a way to set alerts to "vibrate only" when holstered but audible when out of the holster. Does anyone know how to make that option work on the Storm?
    Click on the sound button in the top left corner of your homescreen, from there scroll down to "Set Ringtones/Alerts", Click on it, From there go to each section that you want to change i.e. Phone, Messages ect. Once in one of these sections click on the button next to "Play Sound" Choose "Out of Holster", save and ta-da! It is set to only play sounds when not holstered

BTW, you can do the same thing with the "vibrate settings"
    09-09-09 10:13 PM
    Go into profiles, advanced options, edit the profile and it should give you options for "in holster" and "out of holster"
    09-09-09 10:14 PM
    Click on the sound button in the top left corner of your homescreen, from there scroll down to "Set Ringtones/Alerts", Click on it, From there go to each section that you want to change i.e. Phone, Messages ect. Once in one of these sections click on the button next to "Play Sound" Choose "Out of Holster", save and ta-da! It is set to only play sounds when not holstered

Good advice but not every OS supports the hotspots unless the OP is using some theme that had theme. OP... Just find and click the Sounds icon. Otherwise follow what dankblaze mentioned.

*Edit* Wait... It's been awhile since I've used Zen, my poor memory is telling me there is a mini icon up there... Nevermind then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Craterz; 09-10-09 at 01:00 AM.
    09-10-09 12:58 AM

Thanks for the help!
    09-10-09 06:07 AM
    The alerts still don't work properly. No matter what I do, I still get sounds when the Storm is "holstered".

I've got "Sound in Holster" set to "No".

"Vibration" is set to "Custom" and "In/Out of Holster" is set to "In Only".

Any suggestions?
    09-10-09 11:04 AM
    What sound profile are you using? The options you set will generally only work 100% under the "normal" profile, as the other builtin profiles have custom settings for rings and vibrates, as they are such named.

The other thing: do your contacts have specific tones applied to them? If so, you'll need to adjust the settings for the individual contacts as well, as the ring tone settings for individuals trumps the settings on the device.
    09-10-09 11:51 AM
    What sound profile are you using? The options you set will generally only work 100% under the "normal" profile, as the other builtin profiles have custom settings for rings and vibrates, as they are such named.

The other thing: do your contacts have specific tones applied to them? If so, you'll need to adjust the settings for the individual contacts as well, as the ring tone settings for individuals trumps the settings on the device.
    Good questions, sorry for not posting that info.

I'm using the "normal" profile and none of my contacts have special tones set.
    09-10-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD