Hi,

I'd like to use my 9700 without the holster, but I really like the way it auto-opens messages when I take it out within 10 seconds of getting some notification.

Is it possible to make it do this WITHOUT the holster - for example, make it do the same when I unlock the phone?

I can see two ways:
    1) find some hack that makes the phone think the lock/unlock key IS me holstering the device (this would be best as it would also help me set notifications)
    2) Find a setting to enable auto-open on unlock

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Who
    10-07-10 09:18 AM
    I'm sorry, but for one, you can't make it not open anything within 10 or 15 seconds. It's a feature that cannot be disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 09:28 AM
    I'm sorry, but for one, you can't make it not open anything within 10 or 15 seconds. It's a feature that cannot be disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    On my 9700 with OS5 I have an option in messaging->Options->General Options->'Auto open newest...' that looks like it would disable that feature...

But I _want_ this feature on, I just don't want to have to use the holster. I want it to activate when I unlock the phone, too
    10-07-10 10:16 AM
    There is nothing built into the OS that will do what you want.

I would check the 3rd party apps forum to see if anyone knows of an app you can buy to do this.
    10-07-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD