My BB Curve 8520 got replaced because of a faulty cover that was pulling loose from the base.

The replaced phone came with new software, and the once familiar settings are all moved around and changed now.

Two things I would appreciate help with:
    1 - I had it set to auto lock when placed in the holster, but can't seem to even find that setting now, did it move or is it not an option any more?
    2 - Can I change the unlock button so its not the top play/mute button - because this is the 1 button I know I press accidentally all the time.

Would appreciate any help

Regards

PP
    08-24-10 09:33 AM
    My BB Curve 8520 got replaced because of a faulty cover that was pulling loose from the base.

The replaced phone came with new software, and the once familiar settings are all moved around and changed now.

Two things I would appreciate help with:
    1 - I had it set to auto lock when placed in the holster, but can't seem to even find that setting now, did it move or is it not an option any more?

Options > Password, the last one.

Do you have backups? If you load one of your backups into this new device, all your previous phone's settings will take over.

2 - Can I change the unlock button so its not the top play/mute button - because this is the 1 button I know I press accidentally all the time.

Nope.

Would appreciate any help

Regards

PP
    Welcome to the forums.
    08-24-10 10:03 AM
    I have it set & it still doesn't lock. I put it in the holster, wait 10 seconds, then pull it back out and it is not locked.
    WTF man?!

*EDIT* After looking at things, I guess the "lock" isn't like it was before. No more pressing star/start call. As soon as it comes out of the holster, it's back where it was. Maybe that's what changed. If I select the "lock" shortcut it makes me push the mute key to unlock. Maybe it's going to take some getting used to since it was like the previous lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by imotionsrt4; 08-25-10 at 07:42 AM.
    08-25-10 07:37 AM
    Setup, options, sounds and ringtones, play sound (click and change).
    08-25-10 04:05 PM
    I have it set & it still doesn't lock. I put it in the holster, wait 10 seconds, then pull it back out and it is not locked.
    WTF man?!

*EDIT* After looking at things, I guess the "lock" isn't like it was before. No more pressing star/start call. As soon as it comes out of the holster, it's back where it was. Maybe that's what changed. If I select the "lock" shortcut it makes me push the mute key to unlock. Maybe it's going to take some getting used to since it was like the previous lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It does lock when you put it in the holster and also puts it in StandBy. But as soon as your pull it out - it unlocks it for you. It's a part of how RIM built the blackberries. I love, love, love it! I hate pushing the Start/Stop button to lock/unlock my phone all the time.
    08-25-10 10:09 PM
    Thanks a lot to everyone for helping!
    I found the option and it was actually activated, and as some of you pointed out, its because its unlock on exit that I didn't realise it was working!
    With a pouch i also almost never use the button to lock and unlock the phone.

Thanks again!
    08-31-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD