I have a couple min usb auto adapters and one is listed as a rapid charger. Do certain auto chargers actually recharge a battery faster?

Does anyone use the mini to micro usb adapters? Do you notice any problems when using them?
    08-08-10 01:26 PM
    The danger is if you get a charger that has very high output. Typical BB chargers output is 5v 700mA (at least that I have seen). The Motorola bluetooth charger I have outputs @ 5v 850mA (mini USB). Any charger with a higher output (1000mA or above) would in my opinion be a risk I can't afford to my BB.
    I do use one of those $1.98 Amazon adapters with that 850mA charger on my BB 9650 with no problems when traveling to reduce the number of cords. I think it works great.
    Does the higher output charge faster? I have not seen a significant difference between my 700mA & 850mA chargers.
    08-08-10 10:43 PM
    I use mini to microUSB adapters on my old BlackBerry wall chargers and mobile chargers without a problem. I've used chargers up to 1300ma without a problem or ill effect. I read somewhere that the max was either 1300 or 1600 ma. I wish I'd bookmarked that reference now, doggone it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 12:08 AM
    BergerKing, good to know that higher amp chargers are acceptable. I hope to never have to buy another charger as I already have 3 auto chargers (and 1 car).
    08-09-10 10:04 AM
    I can answer this first hand and definitively. I have an old 20 gig ipod just like you. It came with a firewire wall adapter. I just bought a 2 gen ipod touch and without even thinking I plugged in my old firewire adapter into my new ipod touch(IPT.) To say the least, it did NOT work! The ipod touch simply displayed a message stating that I had plugged in a power source that was incompatible. I do not believe that I screwed up my IPT (or at least I hope I didn't.) It simply told me that power source was not going to fly. So now I have to go out and buy a new wall charger for my IPT. Which leaves me with the question as to why Apple does not include a wall charger?
    08-14-10 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD