I have been using wall chargers successfully. I recently introduced a car charger and now when I plug it into a wall (AC) charger it chargers for 1 minute and stops charging (the charging icon shuts off). When this failure happened with the office AC charger, I tried testing it with my home wall charger, with the same failure.

Although I am greatful that at least one charger is functional, I would really like to restore the AC charging functionality.

I am not sure if this is related to my other posting that is concerned with USB connectivity failure. Any guidance or insight is appreciated.
    11-30-09 08:05 PM
    Are they both original BB chargers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:34 AM
    The home (used 99% of the time) charger is the OEM Blackberry that came with the 8350i and the office AC charger is a Motorola. These have been working well for some time.

I bought a car charger (Motorola) and for some reason both AC chargers will only charge the phone (as indicated by the lightning bolt atop of the battery icon) for ~ 1 minute. The moto car charger was (thankfully) able to fully recharge the phone last night. It would be good to understand root cause of the problem and take any corrective action.
    Last edited by gatorback; 12-01-09 at 10:36 AM.
    12-01-09 10:30 AM
    I had many issues with a very similar issue. All boiled down to a damaged USB port on the BB. I am on my third one now, and use a cradle charger to charge it almost all the time. If you look closely at the port, you may see some prongs out of alignment. If it were not under warranty, you could attempt to push the prongs back in place. Not easy, but it can be done good enough to get it to work.
    12-01-09 07:01 PM
    Whoa!!! Third blackberry! Thank you for the intel. I wish I knew that before I went all in and bought an 8350i. It would not have deterred me but I might have asked about the wireless charging pad. As an engineer, I know that the these parts will fail after a certain amount of usage, but I am only in month 5 of ownership.

Bending the prongs back with a jeweler's screwdriver was too nerve racking for me, so I asked a friend to do it for me. Prelinary results include the device now takes a charge from the AC chargers.

Maybe Casper34 will consider this thread for 'sticky' consideration since this seems to be an issue with the 8350i model (possibly others?).
    12-12-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD