I got some new apple ear buds with remote and mic...but it not working with my blackberry(s) sounds still comes out of my phone's speakers just like I didn't insert anything for some reason it doesn't detect the headphones.
    What's the problem guys? I'm I doing something wrong?
    04-02-10 06:59 PM
    They should recognize them automatically while in the media player. When in media player click the BB button>activate headset, see if that works.
    04-02-10 07:26 PM
    thanks but no it doesn't... that just activates the phone's earpiece
    Last edited by stanley696; 06-17-10 at 11:45 PM.
    04-02-10 09:25 PM
    Are you sure you are pushing the headphones all the way? Otherwise I don't know why they wouldn't recognize the headphones.
    04-02-10 10:52 PM
    its a spam-bot buddy. Just ignore it the mods will take it down shortly. (I've already reported the post)

back to your problem: Just make sure that they are indeed inserted all the way, unplug them, and plug them all the way in again. Play a song, and then make sure you select HEADSET. The option to select HANDSET is just below it (or it is on my pearl) and therefore easy to select the wrong one at a glance.

Does the headset that came with your berry work properly?
    04-03-10 09:04 AM
    Mine works, but it's flaky. It goes in and out at times, but the problem has been fixed... I stepped on my headsets rushing out the door today.

I used to have to twist the connector that's in the headphone slot of the BlackBerry until it switched to it.
    04-04-10 05:04 AM
    I got some new apple ear buds with remote and mic...but it not working with my blackberry(s) sounds still comes out of my phone's speakers just like I didn't insert anything for some reason it doesn't detect the headphones.
    What's the problem guys? I'm I doing something wrong?
    Yeah, you're corrupting your berry with an Apple product!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 07:26 AM
    I picked up a set of ear buds from walmart, philips. About ten bucks. And they are awesome. Nice softouch finish so they stay stuck in my ears even while at the gym. Check them out.
    04-04-10 09:21 AM
    Sometimes, my headphones from my iPod Touch won't work on my Bold. I don't know why, but I don't listen to music on my Blackberry.
    That's why I got the best of both worlds:P
    04-04-10 10:42 AM
    My apple iphone earbuds work just fine with my 8520. Just make sure to push the jack all the way in.

04-04-10 01:37 PM
    Wait - are you using the new ones made for the Shuffle with speech capability and remote control?

I doubt they would work since it's not a common headphone...it's specialty. I know they don't always work even with old gen iPods.

As far as "corrupting a BB with an Apple product" - grow up.
    04-04-10 05:35 PM
    It was meant as a joke, fanboy

04-04-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD