Searched this a little and didn't see anyone using one on a touchscreen. I got one from e-bay, dealer in Hong Kong. Well the screen protector arrives, i take it out and it covers the whole screen, buttons included which was nice. So after installation, it looks great on the device. Gives me the privacy i was after.....but the darn thing basically made the screen unresponsive to touch. I tried messing with the sensitivity settings and everything.....still no help. Anyone else using one and mind sharing where they purchased from? Have u had same issues?
    01-09-10 04:57 AM
    I was planning on getting one soon. I can tell you how ut works for me when It gets here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 01:46 PM
    I was planning on getting one soon. I can tell you how ut works for me when It gets here

Yes fill us in with info when you get it thanks

01-09-10 01:53 PM
    triton mind sharing the link to the eBay listing?
    01-09-10 03:07 PM
    I purchased a privacy screen about a week ago with the same results as triton54. It was also off of ebay... The brand is MYBAT Wireless Accessories. I would seriously discourage buying this product.
    01-09-10 04:11 PM
    I couldn't find any "mybat privacy screen" for the Storm. Are you guys sure it was specifically designed for the Storm, or better yet, for capacitive touch screens in general?
    01-09-10 04:15 PM
    I couldn't find any "mybat privacy screen" for the Storm. Are you guys sure it was specifically designed for the Storm, or better yet, for capacitive touch screens in general?
    I think I know now why they don't list the brand name. If anyone plans to buy one on ebay, I would email the seller first and ask what brand it is.

Model # is BB9550LCDSCPR3
    NEW PRIVACY LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR BLACKBERRY 9550 - eBay (item 300381724848 end time Jan-27-10 17:36:17 PST)
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 01-09-10 at 04:30 PM.
    01-09-10 04:25 PM
    Found it already... just what I thought. Made in China of course, but more precisely made for resistive touch screens in the first place. What the manufacturer of this "privacy screen protector" has done is only cut the form of a generic one to suit the Storm2. However if you look closely, most models it was "designed" for are resistive touch screen equipped smartphones. The material used here prevents the capacitive touch screen on the Storm2 to work properly, but this isn't an issue with resistive touch screens. So in other words it does fit the Storm2, but there is no word that it actually works well with it... and it certainly doesn't.
    01-09-10 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD