I'm very tempted to get one of these. The smoke one looks pretty sweet. I know I saw a thread about them a few weeks ago but haven't been able to refind it.

Soft Silicone Skin Case Blackberry Storm 9500 Blue - eBay (item 120366958667 end time Feb-20-09 06:27:35 PST)
    Last edited by kidqwik; 02-06-09 at 11:40 PM.
    02-06-09 11:36 PM
    I've been pretty happy with my $4 ebay silicone, but that one looks pretty nice. I'd like a little more protection around the camera in back and around the headset speaker in front. But I imagine I'll get bored with my skin soon, and it's only been about a month.
    02-07-09 12:06 AM
    I've had it for like 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. Ordered it as soon as I found a youtube posting of the product. It's easy to put on and very stylish. Everywhere I go, people offer to buy the case of me but I would say no. The highest offer I got was $50 and I turn it down because I'm happy with my case. Told them to just eBay it.
    02-07-09 12:18 AM
    I've had it for like 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it. Ordered it as soon as I found a youtube posting of the product. It's easy to put on and very stylish. Everywhere I go, people offer to buy the case of me but I would say no. The highest offer I got was $50 and I turn it down because I'm happy with my case. Told them to just eBay it.
    I won't go into a lecture in microeconomics or anything, but I think $50>$12. That would be enough money to buy yourself 3 new cases and still have enough money to buy one for me. I'll take a grey one.
    02-07-09 12:36 AM
    Haha, I was thinking of the same thing at the time, but I just don't feel like ordering and having to wait another 5 business days until my phone gets a new cover.
    02-07-09 12:39 AM
    I have a black one, and it looks perfect on the phone. It fits every button and control perfectly.

I actually got a $15 one at Best Buy for $5.

I just have to take it off if I use a holster.
    02-07-09 01:38 AM
    Ok, I ordered a smoke grey one from Ebay. :-) How long did it take for you to get it from Hong Kong? Which color did you get? Please post some pics!!!! :b
    02-07-09 01:57 AM
    Haha, I was thinking of the same thing at the time, but I just don't feel like ordering and having to wait another 5 business days until my phone gets a new cover.
    Maybe you should order 5 now, and keep them in your pocket.. and when somebody offers, sell it right off your phone.. walk away, pull another out, and rinse/repeat
    02-07-09 03:25 AM
    I'm very tempted to get one of these. The smoke one looks pretty sweet. I know I saw a thread about them a few weeks ago but haven't been able to refind it.

Soft Silicone Skin Case Blackberry Storm 9500 Blue - eBay (item 120366958667 end time Feb-20-09 06:27:35 PST)
    Keep looking...those are 12 bucks!! I have seen them for 2dollars and cover more...like the ear piece for example.

Try to get more for less money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 03:50 AM
    Ok, I ordered a smoke grey one from Ebay. :-) How long did it take for you to get it from Hong Kong? Which color did you get? Please post some pics!!!! :b
    I got one shipped from australia. Took about 10 days. Only cost .84 cents and I love it. Gotta love ebay

02-07-09 03:54 AM
    Shenanigans.

If someone came up to me and offered me a $50 bill for even a case i spent 30$ on, i would do it and go naked for a few days.
    Last edited by shneeko6; 02-07-09 at 07:48 AM.
    02-07-09 07:38 AM
    If it's what I have (and it sure looks like it), you'll love it!
    It protects the Storm greatly, and makes it look even more cool than it already is, in my opinion (IMHO).
    02-07-09 07:46 AM
    Verizon sells some good screen protectors, too.
    I'm gonna check e-bay for more of those.
    The protector, with the silicone cover makes me at ease when I just
    put it in my coat pocket when I'm in a hurry!
    Good luck!
    02-07-09 07:48 AM
    I got one shipped from australia. Took about 10 days. Only cost .84 cents and I love it. Gotta love ebay

I have the OEM black, smoke, clear, and red ones that all do not cover the earpiece, lower buttons, or most of the camera lense in the back. I also have the purple one from Verizon that does cover the earpiece and most of the back of the camera lense except a hole for the flash and lense. The purple one is thicker than the OEM ones and feels more solid, but.. From my experience with other items I've had my DL in my wallet, previous phones that had a non sticking clear plastic over the screen, etc. Anything that was over something shiny but more or less hovered against it and wasn't sealed... Dust and dirt gets under it and over time scratches the nice shiny part of whatever it's trying to protect. They specifically try to cover these areas to make you think they're protected but if grit gets under from your pocket or wherever it begins scrap the supposedly protected area and damages it more than if it wasn't protected. For instance my wallet has a cut out oval in the center of the clear plastic cover where you put your driver's license. The only are not scuffed and still looks like new on the drivers license is the center where the cutout was and had nothing protecting it. The rest of the DL is scuffed away.

I bought some BestSkinsEver for my Storm which I had on my Pearl. It protected the Pearl PEREFECTLY because there was no way for stuff to get in between the BSE and the screen/body. But, the problems with all the soft screen/body protectors that adhere to the phone is over the time the edges have some of the adhesive that sticks out a bit and attracts lint and then begins to peel. I was going to put it on just the top and bottoms fronts of the phone and leaves the sides and back alone. So far I've held off all together because of the peeling on the Pearl.
    02-07-09 09:51 AM
    84 cents?! What's the best way to search? I did "blackberry storm HD silicone" and chose to search in the descriptions too but the cheapest is 8 bucks.
    02-07-09 09:58 AM
    02-07-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD