10-25-08 09:51 AM
46 12
tools
    Smashbox, I ride a Harley, and I ride it often. My bike has a Performance Machine fat tire kit with a 240 rear low profile Metzeler tire, so the bike rides a little rougher than a stock Harley tire. With the Otterbox in its holster and clipped to my belt (make sure the clip hook goes around the bottom of your belt so it can't be pulled off) it doesn't even move. Infact its a pain in the a** to unclip. I also have put the bb in the otterbox inside a magnetic bag that I store all my stuff in for long rides, no problems at all. I also never used that inner clear keyboard/screen protector that comes with the Otterbox, so when I put my phone inside my magnetic bag I wrap it in a t-shirt or my underwear or a sock, whatever you got. You don't ever want a phone laying ontop of a vibrating Harley because you will corrupt the screen or components. Its happened to me. Cased or otherwise wrap that thang in something. Ride safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 06:22 AM
    I have the outer box for my cruve best case every.Protects the phone no issue with echo or any thing else.

08-12-08 03:00 PM
    anyone have a pic of their curve in the otterbox?
    08-12-08 03:40 PM
    I've been using an Otterbox I picked up at Amazon ($30 shipped) for about a week now and wish I'd sprung for one sooner. It does add some bulk, but I like it (picture a Curve on 'roids). I have the membrane on, too, and found that it eliminates that cheap, plastic clicking sound I'd hear whenever I would type something. Man, I hated that sound!
    08-12-08 04:44 PM
    Have had both the Curve and Otterbox for 2 weeks now. The Otterbox is a well designed system. Every part fits perfectly. I am a communications wiring contractor and I beat the **** out of my gear. A belt holster and some sort of outer protection were a must. The Otterbox does add a bit of bulk, but the soft grippy outer skin more than makes up for it. I didn't feel comfortable putting the BB in my back pocket before the Otterbox arrived for fear of smashing the keys. With the the hard outer shell, the keys, inlcuding the trackball are recessed now and I have no qualms about putting the BB in the back pocket now. No reports of echo from people I talk to so that hasn't been an issue for me.

The clear molded membrane fits like a charm. It does take a little finesse to get all the bubbles and dust out, but I have a lot of experience with screen protectors and pdas so my screen is bubble and dust free. It is not water proof! I did cut out for the flash and camera. That's a major oversight by Otterbox.

The only thing I don't prefer is the holster/belt clip. It's well designed, but is a one piece. I prefer the "standard" pin that clicks into the belt clip that allows you to detach the belt clip from the holster or case. I'm in constant fear of catching the holster on something and having it break.

Overall I'd give the system a B+
    08-16-08 04:23 AM
    anyone have a pic of their curve in the otterbox?
    I have the 8330 CDMA from Sprint. Ordered it for $29.xx shipped from Amazon.

08-29-08 02:34 PM

08-29-08 02:35 PM
    Hi there,

I was looking for an otterbox for a competitive price from a long time and i think finally i got it. I found this in press digital and thought to buy it within next few days. What do you think about it.Will it suit for you. By the way according to my opinion Press Digital is better than amazon to buy electronics.

Thanks,
    Shank
    Last edited by digishank; 08-30-08 at 09:15 AM.
    08-30-08 09:08 AM
    Hua:

Great photos by the way....

You may already know this and only photographed it to show the screen but the screen and keyboard should be facing IN (or the opposite of how you show it) when using the beltclip.

I've actually removed the CLIP portion of the holster and only use the holster shell as a protective housing in my pocket and backpack/bike bag.
    08-30-08 12:15 PM
    Yeah I figured that part out 2 mins later. It's cool how the built in magnet puts it in standby when the keys are facing in, but it's not like any of them would accidentally get depressed anyways, IMO.
    08-31-08 12:59 AM
    Hi there,

I was looking for an otterbox for a competitive price from a long time and i think finally i got it. I found this in press digital and thought to buy it within next few days. What do you think about it.Will it suit for you. By the way according to my opinion Press Digital is better than amazon to buy electronics.

Thanks,
    Shank
    I got my Otterbox for the Curve for $29.47 shipped from Amazon. It arrived in 3 days too with standard free shipping.
    08-31-08 01:00 AM
    Well, I posted before in this thread and since then some problems have happened. My rubber slip cover has come loosened at the bottom under the space bar, very loose at the left and right sided of the keypad and very loose right under the Otter logo in the back of the phone - back here you can push the ribbed section of rubber in almost a quarter inch. I know a person who works in a VZW store and the same thing happened to her case.

08-31-08 06:24 AM
    So there is a clear film over the keyboard and the screen? What about the trackball? Is there anything over the trackball? Thanks
    09-01-08 06:13 PM
    So there is a clear film over the keyboard and the screen? What about the trackball? Is there anything over the trackball? Thanks
    Yes, there is a thin membrane that you place over the front and back of the Curve. The keys and screen are protected by the membrane, as is the camera lens on the back.

There is a cut out for the trackball so you can still use it.
    09-01-08 09:53 PM
    Got my otterbox this weekend abd I reakky like it, but I am being told that people can hear an echo of their voice when talking to me now. It's definitely only with the OB on the phone. Here's the kicker.. I'm not using the plastic membrane.

Any tips on ending this nonsense?

09-09-08 12:17 AM
    that thing looks like a beast... i really want to protect my blackberry but i'm a little skeptical about that... is it a no brainer to just get it or what?

You got that right! **** ugly they are.
    09-09-08 04:44 PM
    I work in IT and also Emergency services. And I will not use anything else. this things takes a beating. I have dropped and tossed my phone many many times and it keeps on ticking

If you want something really aggressive go for it..... People think it's ugly, but for the best protect, things are not also fashion and purty.......

If you look at allot of cases IMO they look and feel nice, but they don't last up to what they should or say....

Otterbox Rules!!!!!
    09-09-08 04:52 PM
    i have an otterbox for my curve, i only use it when im at work, i use my seidio super slim all the other time
    09-09-08 05:08 PM
    I love my otterbox , however, everyone i have talked to hears an echo..please help.
    10-23-08 11:57 PM
    It's been said that the echo has to do with the plastic membrane that covers the keyboard, screen etc.

I have been told by certain people that the echo is only present on GSM phones (AT&T, T-Mobile) and not present on CDMA phones (Sprint, Verizon, Alltel)

I don't know if that's right. All I do know for a fact that I have an Otterbox as do 6 others that I know of at work, we are on Sprint, none have an echo. We all use the membrane. Go figure.
    10-24-08 12:21 AM
    I have CDMA (Sprint) and have no echo either while using the membrane.
    10-25-08 09:51 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD