In looking for something that offers protection but does not add too much bulk to the device, I came across this...

http://www.bberry.com/seidio-super-s...4A123A3470.htm

I had the otterbox but found it to be too bulky (not to mention taking away from the look of my phone).

Any thoughts (positive or negative) would be appreciated!

Thanks all
    08-05-08 05:14 PM
    I like the look of it.
    08-05-08 07:31 PM
    Seidio makes good accessories from what I have heard. Many members speak highly of them...
    08-05-08 07:36 PM
    Hi
    I just got my 8330 and I hate the case also and haven't really see any that will protect and still fit in my poociter.
    08-05-08 07:39 PM
    Mine is the cheaper version of that one and I do love it! It protects the back from getting scratched and yet, I have full access to the keyboard. Also, I can have it on the seat of my car and it stays put! Here's what mine look like (I have 2 colors). http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-skin-case/4A54A3423.htm
    Last edited by librogeek; 08-05-08 at 07:49 PM.
    08-05-08 07:44 PM
    me! And I LOVE it.
    08-05-08 07:48 PM
    Hi
    I just got my 8330 and I hate the case also and haven't really see any that will protect and still fit in my poociter.
    Have it or hate it?

I didn't realize it wouldn't fit in your poociter any more. Good to know.

LOL
    08-05-08 07:53 PM
    Mine is the cheaper version of that one and I do love it! It protects the back from getting scratched and yet, I have full access to the keyboard. Also, I can have it on the seat of my car and it stays put! Here's what mine look like (I have 2 colors). http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-skin-case/4A54A3423.htm
    I have the same case, but it does collect lint like Paris Hilton collects crustys in her crotch. The Good thing is a quick wipe with a damp cloth cleans it right up. The damp cloth works well on the case too
    08-05-08 08:30 PM
    I have the Seidio case, in black, with their extended battery and holster.

It's a great looking and feeling case. Everyone who checks out my phone loves it. Even my son (who is almost as picky as me ) wants one.

In addition to the 4 colors shown in your link, www<dot>seidioonline<dot>com has a clear one (they call it the "crystal case").

You can even get the "hybrid" with the clear front and black rubberized back.

If you're in the market for a matching holster, check out their combo deals. The holster is made to work with those cases and is very well made. The phone fits "face-in" in the holster.
    08-05-08 09:19 PM
    Thank you all for the comments...
    08-06-08 10:45 AM
    I got it for my 8330 in the Blue and it feels and looks nice. It does take away the sleek look of the phone, but I rather not have it scratched up.
    08-06-08 04:47 PM
    I have the burgundy, and I like it. It offers protection, but it does tend to snap apart if you drop it. I've dropped my phone twice in 4 months, and it popped apart both times. The good thing was that it only hit the ground bare on the second bounce after the case came apart, so yeah, it offered a little more protection. It does keep the back and sides from getting all scratched up, but doesn't offer any screen protection (a simple screen protector can do that).

The other downside is that it adds just enough bulk to the phone that it won't work with most cases designed for the Pearl. BUT... I was at Best Buy the other day, and I tried the BlackBerry OEM case for the Curve, and it fit my Pearl with this on it perfectly!
    08-06-08 05:01 PM
    I have the same kinda of case in hot pink and I love it! I have no problems with it and it stays very clean and keeps my phone safe. I would just recommend to try and stay away from these. The silicon piece that crosses over the phone right above the trackball always gets in the way when you use the trackball and it feels like your going to get it stuck on something! thats just my opinion..
    08-07-08 10:23 AM
    I have the hybrid and love the case. makes it look like a whole new phone in a way lol. worth the 30 bucks totally
    08-07-08 11:10 AM
    Have it or hate it?

I didn't realize it wouldn't fit in your poociter any more. Good to know.

LOL
    ROFL!!!

I also have the rubberized slim case with the rubberized holster and I LOVE IT!!!
    Not only does it feel good in your hand, it stays put when you put it down on something. And of course, it protects the berry really well with the exception of the screen.
    But you can just put a screen protector on the screen and then you've got full coverage!

Dm
    08-07-08 11:20 AM
    I have one for my Curve, and I love it so far. I have not had mine pop apart when I dropped it, and I dont plan on testing it either, but so far it works great
    08-07-08 11:23 AM
    awesome case for sure. have dropped my berry on a number of occasions and no damage to the case or the berry.
    08-07-08 11:56 AM
    I have a bootleg one from Ebay. It really stays on and it does a great job of protecting it. I carry it in a horizontal pouch which I accidentally put on upside down a few days ago. No need to tell you what happened next. My baby was just fine, though. I highly recommend this type of case. When I replace this one, it will be a Seidio, not a bootleg.
    08-07-08 12:52 PM
    I got it for my 8330 in the Blue and it feels and looks nice. It does take away the sleek look of the phone, but I rather not have it scratched up.
    Thanks I give one of those a try!!!!
    08-07-08 12:55 PM
    I have a fitted phone cover with a clip and stand. it works great!
    08-07-08 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD