So I ordered 2 BestSkinsEver skins for my Storm since I loved them on my Pearl. I covered the whole Pearl minus the metal sides with BSE because the back was paint, etc. Both my Pearl and now my Storm will be living in the gel silicone skins and being changed out to various colors depending on my mood. With the Pearl I didn't have a problem with covering the screen and back with a BSE skin.. But.. With the Storm the back is so nice it's like.. Not meant to have a skin on it. What I really think I may end up doing is just putting on the BSE on the screen, the top and bottom black parts in the front and the 4 keys. I'm not sure if I even want to put it on the silver plastic areas because my silicone skins will cover these areas anyway. Is anyone else having this yes/no feeling about applying either a BestSkinsEver, Invisible Shield, Ghost Armor, or PhantomSkinz to just certain parts of their Storm? If so which parts of the phone have you deicded to cover and which ones not to?
    12-04-08 08:26 PM
    I'm using the screen-only PhantomSkinz right now. I'm contemplating maybe swapping for a full-body kit so I can get the pieces that cover the black plastic above the screen (the piece where the earpiece is located), the part below the hard keys, and the camera area, but right now I'm pretty happy with just the screen - and definitely I would not put a skin over any of the soft touch textured portions or the battery door.
    12-04-08 08:32 PM
    using GA.. love it
    12-04-08 08:40 PM
    I'm using the screen-only PhantomSkinz right now. I'm contemplating maybe swapping for a full-body kit so I can get the pieces that cover the black plastic above the screen (the piece where the earpiece is located), the part below the hard keys, and the camera area, but right now I'm pretty happy with just the screen - and definitely I would not put a skin over any of the soft touch textured portions or the battery door.

Yeah, that's sorta the same way I'm feeling. The brushed metal in the back is nice and coating it with something smooth and rubbery just takes away from it's "elegance". The soft touch black parts are really nice to.. TOUCH! :b Part of me likes the screen shield that is on there now because it's clear and also I wouldn't have to apply the BSE screen cover but the VZW shield that is on the screen is harder plastic than the soft self repairing BSE screen shield. The VZW screen shield is already showing signs some swirls, etc. The top and bottom shiny black parts are the ones I'm worried about scratching the most so I definately want something on them. I just don't want to turn THIS phone into like one of those couches that people entomb it in a plastic casing for spills, etc. How ghetto is that? :b
    12-04-08 08:51 PM
    Does BSE come with a squeegee and an application solution like GA?
    12-05-08 01:26 AM
    No the BSE does not come with anything just the skins.... It's pretty easy to apply though. I just used a credit card to have the same squeegee effect and just dipped the skins into the solution I made. I also had a small spray bottle on hand from the last IS I purchased.
    12-14-08 01:34 PM
    if you're going to be using the silicon case, why would you want to put the BSE on it as well? i get that you loved them on your pearl, but besides the screen and buttons, it seems unnecessary.
    12-14-08 01:39 PM
    I don't have a Storm, but I'm using a BSE and I swear by it!
    12-14-08 01:41 PM
    I've installed the full body kit by Phantom Skins, including the pieces that cover the battery cover and the rubbery sides. Initially I used all of the pieces included in the kit to provide the most protection for my storm; however, after living with the complete install for a little while, I've actually come to prefer the smooth feeling the skin provides. So even though the brushed metal and rubbery sides are sexy as is, I think they are great covered as well.
    12-14-08 02:19 PM
    The brushed metal in the back is nice and coating it with something smooth and rubbery just takes away from it's "elegance".

i felt the same way and i thought because it was brushed metal, it would never show signs of scratching...but i was wrong! it seems like it scratches very easily so i will probably have to cover this even though im not thrilled about the idea. still havent decided between a silicone skin or these thin plastic-y ones though...
    12-14-08 03:00 PM
    I have IS on mine full body.. I like the IS because it is very very tough stuff. I also have the silicon cover as well, since I had this combo on my voyager for over a year and my voyager has NO scratches anywhere even the fragile chrome I decided to stay with this combo.

Using the IS is good with the cover because stuff can get under the cover and potenitally scratch the phone similar to a car bra.

I have not put it on my screen yet. Admittedly the IS won't be as smooth to the touch on the screen compared to no cover obviously. It didn't change the touch sensitivity on my voyager so I am hoping for the same result on the Storm.
    12-14-08 03:26 PM
    For me, the GA (which in Installed less than 24 hours ago) seems to be clearing up really nicely, I've got one air bubble on the back rubber below the speaker, but not really stressin about it. Screen and Back plate went on flawlessly, and the Rubber sides and chromes pieces are excellent because with GA's material you get a "grippy" feel so it almost feels more comfortable in my hands. I would recommend, but installation was a little tough no lie. If it clears up even more (it's been about 11 hours) I would be really impressed. my 2 c.
    12-14-08 03:28 PM
    BSE FTW! No reason to overpay for the exact same product that comes with a bottle of soapy water. Save yourself some money get bse and call it a day. Enough said
    12-14-08 04:01 PM
    I am not sure I can call that the same product when reading about people ripping it when putting it on. GA, IS, and PS are almost impossible to rip while putting it on the phone.
    Last edited by hagar852; 12-14-08 at 04:10 PM.
    12-14-08 04:06 PM
    I put the IS on mine. I am usually not the neatest or most patient guy with meticulous work but used the tips I read in the forums and it worked out just fine. I love having the full coverage because I know I am rough on a phone. I also like the "grippy" feel of the IS. No real discerable difference in the sensitivity or display that I can see.
    Only complaint is no cover for the corners. Whats up with that?
    12-14-08 04:18 PM
    I have the full Invisible Shield on my Storm minus the screen. I'm using the Verizon screen protectors on mine. I had the IS on my screen and it just wasn't smooth like the VZ protector. Besides the IS screen cover, I LOVE the rest of the body cover. A few days after applying it, it's pretty much as perfect as could be - no air bubbles or kinks.
    12-14-08 06:42 PM
    I put the full PhantomSkinz on my Storm. I think the full kit gives the whole phone a consistent and smooth feel. You can barely tell that I have a skin on it.
    12-14-08 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD