I've read a few things saying that the 9900 OEM holster is too tight, and I read the article talking about using the 9000 leather holster with the soft and hard case. I still have a brand new OEM koskin holster for the 9000, so I was curious if anyone has tried using it with no case on the 9900? Is it too loose? Does the sleeper magnet work? Will AT&T release the 9900 for my birthday?! (LOL!!!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 01:28 PM
    i just put my 9930 in my koskin holster naked. it does fit ok, albeit loose. it probably wont fall out if the flap is secured, but if it inadvertently opens, it runs the risk of sliding out. sleeper function does work with it facing front or back, which ever you prefer. a word of caution, the corner openings are pretty big and leave the corners exposed, particularly the top corners. last night, as i was getting out of my car, the holster undid itself from my belt 2 separate times and went tumbling onto the asphalt. because the hook on the belt clip did not grab onto my belt. if it werent for my otterbox commuter case i wouldve had some wonderful gouges on the corners of that pretty metal band. i dont use a holster other than for work. when not working, i just use the commuter case or run naked. hope this helps.
    09-10-11 02:37 PM
    Thanks! Covered my question perfectly
    I take it you normally use the koskin holster with the commuter OtterBox? I was looking at the defender, which I usually get for work use, but noticed it doesn't have the full coverage it used to have So, I'm thinking of going commuter myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 02:48 PM
    I only use the holster for the Commuter case and only when working. When I'm not working I just throw the phone cased or uncased in my pocket.

At one point I saw the merit in going with the Defender case as it provided such extensive coverage. You couldve practically used the phone in the rain. But with the entire front of the phone exposed, it's really not that different from the Commuter except of course the added bulk. Sure it may bounce further ... but after using the Commuter a few weeks, I highly recommend it.
    09-12-11 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD