Has anyone who uses the Epik case for their Tour tried the holster that they have? I love the case but want some feedback about the holster.
    09-23-09 03:26 PM
    Holster? Can you post a pic?
    09-23-09 06:00 PM
    09-23-09 07:55 PM
    Just bought the holster. Will let you know.
    09-23-09 08:25 PM
    I will consider you my guinea pig
    09-23-09 08:34 PM
    I got my holster yesterday and updated a thread in the Tour forum with my review: Epik Spring Clip Holster

Here's the pasted content:
    ---

I just received my holster today! I live in AZ, so the ship time was just under 2 weeks from Hong Kong (not too bad). Here are some pics and impressions to follow.

Positives:
    • Price - $9.99? You can't beat that!
    • Material - The plastic feels great and seems very durable. It has a little bit of a matte finish/texture. I applied pressure to a few stress points and it feels like it will hold up. The actual spring clip on the top seems like I could break it off, but it is sturdy enough that it doesn't flex where it meets the back of the holster.
    • Fitment - My Tour in its Epik case fits nice and snug. There's a little rubber insert on the inside edge of the spring clip that keeps it tight. Also, the screen facing part of the holster covers almost all of what the case/skin does not (there's just a little sliver where you can see through).
    • Slim - It's much more comfortable to wear versus my OEM leather holster. The OEM holster has a tendency to jab me in the side, and while the belt clip on the Epik sticks out just as far above my belt, it is very nicely rounded.

Negatives:
    • No Lock (compared to the Seidio) - While I'm not sure if this is going to be an issue, it is something the Seidio has.
    • No Magnet - While eBay the listing clearly states "Will maintain Blackberry's 'sleeper' function," the one I received does not.
    • Too Snug? - It's a good thing that your phone won't move around, but it may be a little too tight. For example, when just "snapping" the phone in place, the little rubber insert within the spring clip catches on the case a little. You actually have to push the clip down a little to close it all the way. Your phone's not at risk of just falling out, and the little bit of rubber will probably wear down a little over time, but it's still worth noting. You can always remove the rubber insert, the clip will close all the way, and it still feels snug.

I've never used this style of case before, but when removing my phone the bottom does not slide out too easily. I guess this could be a good or bad thing. It's just "different" from the top loading OEM.

I'm very pleased with this holster with the exception of the missing "sleeper" magnet. I'll be writing the seller back to see if it was just something missing on mine, or if the listing was wrong. It's really not a big deal for me, but it could be for others.

I can already tell that the loading function is going to take some getting used to, but that's just because of what I was using before. I'm going to use this one for the time being and post back if I notice anything else.
    10-09-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD