Wondering if anyone's tried out the new headphones from RIM (image below). I don't really care for the sound quality or fit of the standard headphones that come pre-packaged with the phone.

12-14-08 03:13 AM
    Those head phones came as standard in the box with my bold. They are pretty good but I would recommend you buy a pair from another maker if you want to use your phone to replace your usual player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 10:28 AM
    Attachment 7738I bought the Premium Headset and besides the bass levels, the sound is only a slight enhancement.

The main selling point is the convenience of having Volume and Track Control from the headset.

The package includes 3 pairs of earbuds for fitment, a carrying case and colored snap-on plates for the earphones (Black, Silver and Red).

The wiring is made of a different material than the Standard BlackBerry 3.5mm headset and does not tangle as easily. I use the case for the headset and a spare battery. (As illustrated in the photo above)

I'd get it if you want enhanced sound, audio/track controls and the carrying case. Just be aware that the earbuds must be inserted further into your ear than the standard headset. That's what allows for better sound quality.
    12-14-08 11:15 AM
    That's the set that came in the box with my Bold. I think they sound good - see if you can try out some 3rd party buds to make sure they're actually better than these. I'd say they're about the same quality as the ~$50 Sony ear buds - EX51/71 series.
    12-26-08 10:20 PM
    These also came with my Bold. Sound is good. I just personally don't like how they fit on me.
    12-31-08 08:22 PM
    I just picked these up. I have them on now as I type. Sound is good. But when I get home, I will compare them to the stock. I'm using my curve right now and I noticed in the manual it said you must be running bb 4.6 OS or higher. Why? I listened to them on my Storm and didn't here a difference. All the features seem to be working as well. Does any know why they say 4.6? My curve is 4.5. Thanks

01-10-09 08:37 PM
    I used my pair for a couple days,and they hurt my ears for some reason.I've tried the other size buds thinking that was the reason. That didn't work and I'm a heavy music player user so I stopped using them

Not a big deal for some,but I thought I would throw that in there

01-11-09 02:27 AM
    I just received mine today they look and sound great, only problem i am having is when i go into my media i select artists and when i press the play button on the remote it won't play, i would have to press play on my storm and then i can pause, play again or skip foward/reverse. Is anyone having this problem?
    01-14-09 02:09 AM
    They sound great but hurt my ears.
    Last edited by optimo; 02-05-09 at 08:37 PM.
    01-29-09 09:09 PM
    I think theres too much bass
    02-10-09 09:03 PM
    Wondering if anyone's tried out the new headphones from RIM (image below). I don't really care for the sound quality or fit of the standard headphones that come pre-packaged with the phone.

After a few months of these, I have gone backwards in time and got the "traditional" styled ones from RIM:

Like some others here, my ears started to hurt if I used them for a long time. None of the gel inserts fit me properly, so anytime I moved (say, if I was walking about with the pieces in my ear), they'd dislodge and fall out. Yes, these look a bit "dated" compared to the ones that came with the Bold, but my ears are just odd and these fit me a lot better.

Sure, I could have gotten a cheaper (and/or probably some "better sounding") headset. I just wanted to stick to OEM whenever possible.
    02-18-09 07:37 PM
    I liked the headset as well but like some other people stated.. they didn't fit my ears that well. Even with trying all sizes of the ear buds they still fell out of my ears. I'm starting to use my curve as my mp3 player so I wanted a good headset. I ended up getting the altec lansing set and I like them ok so far. I DO miss the ability to have play, skip, pause, etc. on my headset but at least the buds stay in my ears now.
    02-21-09 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD