Of course I know the OEM doesnt work, but how about the seidio unit. That one did allow you to have a case on the storm 1 and charge. I was hoping it would still work with a case on with the storm2 in a storm1 cradle. Anyone try this yet.
    11-20-09 01:18 AM
    The reason that the OEM didn't work (and I speak from firsthand experience) is that the charging port is about 1.5mm higher on the S2 than the S1. So because the charger male end on the seido unit is set up at precisely the spot that it would be inserted into the S1 then it will most likely not work. Make sense?
    11-20-09 02:05 AM
    11-20-09 11:40 AM
    This would make my day. Anyone else confirm that you can put a Storm2 w/ a case on in the Storm Seido cradle?
    11-20-09 11:49 AM
    damn that sucks the OEM charger doesnt work, have to buy aother one
    11-20-09 12:35 PM
    damn that sucks the OEM charger doesnt work, have to buy aother one
    Yeah and the Storm2 cradle isn't cheap, either (as in the OEM Storm1 cradle selling for under 10 bucks now). If you use a case, you might want to wait until Seidio releases their Storm2 cradle; it's only a couple of bucks more than the OEM.

Re the Seidio cradle for the Storm1, I sincerely doubt it will work for the Storm2 *IF* the Storm2 is *IN* a case. It only works with the Storm2 because the male USB end sits higher without the insert than does the OEM unit.
    11-20-09 02:17 PM
    I haven't researched this *thoroughly* but I'd say you have little choice other than to wait IF you want a cradle that will charge your Storm2 without removing your case.
    11-20-09 03:12 PM
    You should wait and not spend money on something you don't want
    11-20-09 03:14 PM
    It does work, but only without a case on the S2. That's why I didn't sell mine, because I don't use a case. And thanks for refrencing my thread. First time someone's done that. It's the little things in life ya know...
    11-20-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD