I am not a belt holster guy, I carry the phone in my pocket, anyone try to remove the belt clip part from the holster? and if so how did you do it?
    08-09-09 02:03 PM
    I did. I opened the clip part up, and pinched together the little nub holding the clip to the pouch, then pulled. You are left with the plastic nub part in the clip. Easiest thing then is to cut it off and grind it down with a file or dremel.
    08-09-09 02:06 PM
    Very nice to know, thanks wilson, I have been debating on removing the clip for some time now.
    08-09-09 02:08 PM
    I don't know if you bought it already, but if you didn't there are holsters available without a clip on them.
    08-09-09 02:26 PM
    I just grabbed the clip and pulled. Something on the clip broke but the holster is fine for my needs. The actual clip is trashed. Nothing fancy but it worked.
    08-09-09 03:22 PM
    hmmm. brute force is what i was thinking of using. but idk yet. i definately want a pocket case tho. will try WILSONBILSON method tho.
    08-09-09 05:07 PM
    I pulled and it just popped right off.
    08-09-09 06:24 PM
    I just pulled off the clip, walked into the garage, grabbed a file and filed it down. Sure beats spending any money on another case.
    08-09-09 11:39 PM
    This is a no-go. Just did it, and ruined my case. Once you remove the plastic clips, you're left with a disc in the hole with plastic tabs poking up. You can remove the tabs from the disc, but then you've got this ugly looking disc with file marks on it spinning around. You can try to remove it, but then you're left with a hole in the bottom of the case, and you can see all this cardboard stuffed down in there. Not to mention it'll collect dust and crud down in there.

Looks really ghetto. Guess I'll have to buy a real pocket case now.
    08-10-09 12:15 AM
    I removed the clip as well. This is just temporary, until I find a good pocket pouch that I like (that actually covers the entire phone.)
    08-10-09 12:24 AM
    Here is a pic of my case after I filed it down. I just need to smooth it out, but other than that, it sure beats buying a new case.

08-11-09 03:33 PM
    Here is a pic of my case after I filed it down. I just need to smooth it out, but other than that, it sure beats buying a new case.

That actually looks really nice, nice finish on it.

Has anyone considered buying a new case then just selling the holster? The holster retails OEM for $30 so I'm sure you can scalp a few bucks for it to offset the price of a new pouch.
    08-11-09 03:39 PM
    That actually looks really nice, nice finish on it.

Has anyone considered buying a new case then just selling the holster? The holster retails OEM for $30 so I'm sure you can scalp a few bucks for it to offset the price of a new pouch.

I just put tape on the leather and filed away. It will look a lot better after I smooth it out.
    08-11-09 04:07 PM

That definitely looks better than removing the rectangle shaped plastic, as well as the circle in the middle, but I really think that circle is going to start to move around and shift and eventually you'll have a hole there.
    08-11-09 04:20 PM
    wow that looks great , im in the process of it rite now lol
    08-11-09 05:00 PM
    That definitely looks better than removing the rectangle shaped plastic, as well as the circle in the middle, but I really think that circle is going to start to move around and shift and eventually you'll have a hole there.
    The spinning piece seems to be in there pretty good. I was considering the possibility of putting a custom sticker over the plastic after I smoothed it out. Ascetically, it does look weird with just a flat plastic rectangle.
    08-11-09 05:22 PM

Wow, looks great Valdar, i will be very happy with something like that, thanks for sharing.
    08-11-09 06:27 PM
    just pay 20 bucks and buy the pocket pouch
    08-11-09 07:49 PM
    Wow, looks great Valdar, i will be very happy with something like that, thanks for sharing.

No problem.
    08-12-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD