07-23-09 02:11 PM
72 123
tools
    I picked up an OEM car charger from Amazon along with an adapter for the wall charger from my old curve.
    07-19-09 09:34 PM
    I really don't see how you people say the battery will not get you through a day... unless you're on phone calls 5hrs + in a day or constant web for hours on end. I use a few hundred sms and a few hundred bbms daily and a few web sessions here and there for fb and ms messages. Then maybe 2 hrs max (if that) on calls. With that i run at more than 25% at the end of my day (around midnight-ish).

Maybe i just got lucky with my battery
    yeha, i dunno...i'd say im a medium user, not heavy...i just use some browsing, 50 sms and some phoen calls....and im down to 2 bars...but i did notice that i did not completely close out of Maps..
    07-19-09 10:04 PM
    I've been getting excellent battery life but I also make sure I close apps that I'm not using.

I just bought my kids car chargers from eBay for their EnV2s and was delighted when I tried one of theirs and it worked with my Tour.
    07-19-09 10:05 PM
    I traded in my samsung glyde for a car charger at the verizon store on purchase day
    07-19-09 10:06 PM
    I ordered a travel charger, car charger, and USB cable for $10 from CellPhoneShop. Of course I later discovered my bluetooth charger fits my Tour as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Man cellphoneshop.com is cheap. Have you bought stuff from there before? any issues with their products? I might end up doing the same
    07-19-09 10:08 PM
    On my centro I noticed a huge difference between my OEM and non OEM wall chargers. I have a vibe, so I use the wall charger as a car charger. I recently took my non OEM charger on a road trip with us and I was constantly charging my phone. I used the original charger when I got home and I haven't charged it in three days.

That said, I was roaming a lot during the trip, but it has always felt like I wasn't getting the same charge.

Have you noticed a difference when you buy the charger from a major national provider? The chargers I bought today were verizon, but I am thinking of taking the car charger back, because I would never use it.

The charger I was using on my trip was a flea market charger I picked up after my luggage went missing in Tampa.
    07-19-09 10:15 PM
    On my centro I noticed a huge difference between my OEM and non OEM wall chargers. I have a vibe, so I use the wall charger as a car charger. I recently took my non OEM charger on a road trip with us and I was constantly charging my phone. I used the original charger when I got home and I haven't charged it in three days.

That said, I was roaming a lot during the trip, but it has always felt like I wasn't getting the same charge.

Have you noticed a difference when you buy the charger from a major national provider? The chargers I bought today were verizon, but I am thinking of taking the car charger back, because I would never use it.

The charger I was using on my trip was a flea market charger I picked up after my luggage went missing in Tampa.
    so you're saying that in your case, nonOEM charger worked well for you?

P.S. I've been to that flea market you speak of.....GIANT!
    07-19-09 10:24 PM
    I've been using IGO charger...works perfect ..
    07-19-09 10:37 PM
    I got an adapter off Ebay for 99 cents. It attaches to the end of my 8330 car charger. Its been working fine for me.
    Ditto. Been doing it for every phone Ive owned. Never had a single issue.
    07-19-09 10:43 PM
    Had a Palm Pre micro USB wall charger and car charger. Tried charging the Tour and it never worked. Battery icon said phone was charging, but it wouldn't gain a percent.

BB store said OEM charges the best and using non-OEM could damage the phone.
    07-20-09 08:55 AM
    I got mine off the crackberry store

07-20-09 08:56 AM
    Long ago I got a Car to USB adapter, which I have been using as a charger for quite some time, I just use the provided USB - micro USB cable in my adapter, and it works for me, do that for my curve as well,
    07-20-09 08:58 AM
    Anyone with an IGo its tip A97.

the port that the tour uses isn't anything that new. its just a micro usb port. its just different from past BBs because the micro usb port is becomming the new standard for cell phones.
    07-20-09 09:30 AM
    You can use a charger from a Storm and also an EnV2. Check with a friend, or ebay! You can get great deals on ebay, like packages. Screen protectors/car charger/ for like $7.
    07-20-09 10:05 AM
    You can use a charger from a Storm and also an EnV2. Check with a friend, or ebay! You can get great deals on ebay, like packages. Screen protectors/car charger/ for like $7.
    Yeah, the only question now is OEM vs. NON OEM. I've had NON OEM car charger before and did notice that it did charge kinda slow now that some board members mention it. I saw OEM tour car charger for $11 on ebay so I may go that route and just get the OEM charger.
    07-20-09 11:16 AM
    For the small price difference, I just go with OEM to be safe. Cheap insurance.
    07-20-09 11:27 AM
    I have a Belkin car charger for the iPod Touch ... Its got two parts, the piece you stick in the cigarette lighter, and on the other end is a USB slot. Just out of curiosituy, I swapped out the ipod touch connector cord, for the micro usb cord, and violla...it worked just fine.

For some reason, this did NOT charge my 8830WE, when I plugged in a mini usb cord...but it works just fine on the Tour.

Michael

07-20-09 11:33 AM
    i got a Motorolla micro USB charger when the Storm came out. It works perfectly for the Storm and im sure it will also be fine with the Tour. I got it on ebay for $6 with shipping.
    07-20-09 12:16 PM
    OEM Car Charger For Blackberry Verizon Sprint Tour 9630 - eBay (item 370231064709 end time Aug-16-09 08:06:49 PDT)

Hey guys, if i want to go with oem car charger, there is no VZW BB OEM or Sprint BB OEM right? its just BB OEM? like the link above? RIM doesn't make 1 oem for sprint tour or 1 oem for vzw tour, just BB OEM, correct? thanks
    07-20-09 12:19 PM
    I got one from verizon and it was 20 bucks with discounts. I have gone through 3 different chargers that i buy online on ebay that end up breaking and burning out .. not worth it IMHO
    07-20-09 12:21 PM
    RIM Auto Adapter - ASY-18083-001 - Buy.com

I bought this for $10 with shipping
    07-20-09 12:52 PM
    I bought an adaptor from amazon. Mini to micro USB.
    07-20-09 12:54 PM
    I picked up a pair of OEM Moto chargers on Amazon for $7 each w/ shipping. They work great and look really cool. SPN5400 was the model # IIRC.

I use the same charger and it works great
    07-20-09 01:03 PM
    07-20-09 01:17 PM
    07-20-09 01:22 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD