I'm just wondering how they actually look. They're cute in photos, but sometimes you order things and they end up looking cheap in person.

This is the store I'm talking about: eBay Store - Samsuniquestore: RIM Blackberry Protective Case, LG, Apple iPhone

These cases:
    11-15-08 02:17 PM
    I haven't had any personal experience with that particular seller. But I CAN tell you this. At the price they're asking, I doubt that it will look good for any length of time. For that low a price, the "crystals" are probably some generic plastic or acrylic stones. They will scratch/scuff/crack easily and don't really shine. If you have the money, cases hand-designed with Swarovski crystals are the way to go. You're going to spend a lot more though. You get what you pay for, and for $25 you aren't going to get much. Go for quality! Isn't your BB worth it? I can do a custom case for you if you want. I'll do it for free, all you would need to do is buy the case you want to use and the stones. Pay for the shipping and everything and I'll put the work into it for free, for a fellow Crackberry addict.

Here's a case I made for my iPhone if you want to see my work. All done in Swarovski crystals. :-) It's a crappy picture that really doesn't do the case any justice (it's hard to see the "sparkle" of the crystals!!)but you get the idea.

Last edited by -allison-; 11-19-08 at 11:51 AM.
    11-19-08 11:48 AM
    I haven't had any personal experience with that particular seller. But I CAN tell you this. At the price they're asking, I doubt that it will look good for any length of time. For that low a price, the "crystals" are probably some generic plastic or acrylic stones. They will scratch/scuff/crack easily and don't really shine. If you have the money, cases hand-designed with Swarovski crystals are the way to go. You're going to spend a lot more though. You get what you pay for, and for $25 you aren't going to get much. Go for quality! Isn't your BB worth it? I can do a custom case for you if you want. I'll do it for free, all you would need to do is buy the case you want to use and the stones. Pay for the shipping and everything and I'll put the work into it for free, for a fellow Crackberry addict.

Here's a case I made for my iPhone if you want to see my work. All done in Swarovski crystals. :-) It's a crappy picture that really doesn't do the case any justice (it's hard to see the "sparkle" of the crystals!!)but you get the idea.

that's a gorgeous phone. you do good work. i've been looking for cases for my bold so i can try the same thing but i know i won't have the ability to do something that intricate. it's very inspirational, though!

OP: that case definitely looks like it's going to be kind of cheap in person. get real swarovski crystals, definitely!
    11-27-08 07:20 PM
    I ordered one for my gf's Curve a few months back. The quality is good. Although she doesn't use it a lot, its a pretty good quality case. I have had her phones "blinged" out before and this case seems to have the toughest sticking stones. They are probably not swarovski like her other phones were tho. She got the Pink inspired case. Goes good with her Pink theme. Can't be too mad esp for the price I paid. I would be interested to see how it held up if she used it everyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:06 PM
    that's a gorgeous phone. you do good work. i've been looking for cases for my bold so i can try the same thing but i know i won't have the ability to do something that intricate. it's very inspirational, though!

OP: that case definitely looks like it's going to be kind of cheap in person. get real swarovski crystals, definitely!
    Thanks! I look at it this way, if I can do it, you can do it. My hands are so unsteady. :-P Hit me up if you want any tips. I've spent tons of money on cases and crystals trying to get it right. Now that I finally have my Bold, it's time to start a new one! Good luck with yours!!
    11-28-08 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD