I have read that dust can get under some of these cases and scratch the phone. Does the VZW hard case have that same problem? If so what are better options? I like the look of it, but I want my phone to be safe.
    01-29-09 08:36 PM
    I don't know about that specifically, but it took me less than a day to decide I hate the snap-on cases. I had to remove mine several times in the same day and it takes a knife or screwdriver to get them off. Not convenient at all if you need to do battery pulls or change the battery, or if you use a cradle. Someone needs to come up with one that has an opening in the back to allow battery door removal at least.
    01-29-09 08:42 PM
    I'm using it, probably wouldn't be unless a friend gave it to me after returning their Storm.

Anyhow, I haven't seen any problem such as what you're describing.
    01-29-09 08:44 PM
    I had to remove mine several times in the same day and it takes a knife or screwdriver to get them off.
    Hmmm, mine comes off pretty easily.
    01-29-09 08:46 PM
    im using it too its a lil buly but comes off easily and snaps easily and it works. i drop mine alot its lasted longer than the gafs on ebay
    01-29-09 08:50 PM
    Sorry, I should have stated that the one I had was not the Verizon case. I kind of assumed they all hooked together pretty much the same way though. That's good to know that the Verizon case is different!
    01-29-09 08:52 PM
    I have one of the vzw snap on cases. it was a lil tricky to get on but since then i haven't really had any troubles with it. i've dropped it once and seemed to hold up.
    01-29-09 08:58 PM
    I have used the VZN hard case since the middle of November. It goes on and off easily, but I rarely take it off. If I need to reboot, I use QuickPull.

I also keep it in the VZN horizontal holster (with the hard case). This seems to protect it well. It is bulky, so if you are looking for slim, this is not the case for you.

I do not think it will stop the dust issue, but by not keeping it in your pocket you will probably minimize dust problems.
    01-29-09 09:32 PM
    I have used the VZN hard case since the middle of November. It goes on and off easily, but I rarely take it off. If I need to reboot, I use QuickPull.

I also keep it in the VZN horizontal holster (with the hard case). This seems to protect it well. It is bulky, so if you are looking for slim, this is not the case for you.

I do not think it will stop the dust issue, but by not keeping it in your pocket you will probably minimize dust problems.
    That's how I carry it-Naztech horizontal holster and silver/black hard case.
    01-29-09 09:34 PM
    Dude - its just a phone - use it.

Have 2 of the Verizon plastic clip holsters - Verizon Part # RIMSTORMHOL1 - slim profile - works great.

I have read that dust can get under some of these cases and scratch the phone. Does the VZW hard case have that same problem? If so what are better options? I like the look of it, but I want my phone to be safe.
    01-29-09 10:18 PM
    I can see what you're saying about the dust catching. I see stuff trapped in there. I wish it wasn't so thick around the screen, it interferes with hitting the space key when typing in landscape.
    01-29-09 10:30 PM
    My wife is using the clear from verizon and I'm using a carbon fiber one from a a knock off cart in the mall.
    01-29-09 10:33 PM
    I had that clear case, it was too bulky I went to the silicone case with the tire thing. I didn't notice a scratching issue with the clear case and I didn't have that much trouble taking it off. Just didn't like the size of it.
    01-29-09 11:05 PM
    I have the VZW hard case...it comes off easily, no scratches at all.
    My VZW Rep said it was the best protection from a drop...it's a little bulky, but worth the peace of mind.
    01-29-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD