07-19-09 03:31 PM
32 12
tools
    Right by the speaker. The black part sticks out further than the bezel.

I thought it was just mine, but two floor units are like that and from a few pictures I seen online, its like that everywhere.

Am I the only one?
    07-17-09 02:03 PM

I thought it was just mine, but two floor units are like that and from a few pictures I seen online, its like that everywhere.

Am I the only one?
    Now that you mention it it doesnt look 100% flush but not enough for me to care too much. Its still not a storm lol
    07-17-09 02:04 PM
    Is everyone going over the tour with a magnifying glass looking for things wrong?
    07-17-09 02:07 PM

Am I the only one?
    Mine is perfectly flush...
    07-17-09 02:15 PM
    Mine isn't flush either...but I just thought I was being overly-picky about it. It won't be an issue once I put a hardshell case on it, though.
    07-17-09 02:17 PM
    Yeah, it's like that on both sides. Didn't notice until now.
    I wouldn't consider this an issue normally but it does somewhat go along with another thread I posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ba...roblem-270021/

It has to do with the casing or something inside the casing being uneven or mis aligned causing the larger battery door gaps and an unacceptable amount of movement from the battery door. I am thinking that this in turn is what is causing my main issue. My trackball won't scroll to the right. Physically, not an OS issue. It just stops dead when I try t go to the right.
    I did find out that once I removed the battery the trackball scrolled smoothly in all directions. Put the battery back in and it gets stuck again.

The fact that the casing isn't flush in these two spots leads me to believe I may be correct in thinking things may be miss aligned. If this is the case I would expect to see a few other hardware issues arise in the future.
    07-17-09 02:22 PM
    You may be the first person to actually notice this...
    07-17-09 02:23 PM
    I can't notice it, but I'm also not looking I'd rather not notice more flaws.
    07-17-09 02:26 PM
    Anyone notice that when you use it to prop open a door, the screen sometimes cracks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 03:01 PM
    Interesting how some people like to belittle others observations on the quality of these phones.

When Rim/Verizon/Sprint starts charging a GenericPhone price, they can assemble them in a shoddy manner. Until then: charge a premium price - assemble the phone properly.
    07-17-09 03:13 PM
    I don't mean to belittle. I simply think that some things are normal, and some aren't. Battery door, Bluetooth issues, screen problems, totally unacceptable. Put something under a microscope though, and you'll see flaws regardless of perfection on the surface. It's a phone, not a Mercedes. My comment was a humorous attempt (or so I thought) of putting things into perspective.

07-17-09 04:05 PM
    Is everyone going over the tour with a magnifying glass looking for things wrong?
    You caught me. Or it could be the fact that it scrapes my finger every time I mute with my thumb or feel the phone in my pocket to see which way its facing.

Its a new phone and I do expect things to be wrong but mine is an obvious issue. I'm ok with the battery door being slightly more gaped on one side. Even kind of ok with the clicking sound people are saying they are hearing. But when the phone looks like its not snapped together correctly and I'm scraping myself. I'd say its an issue.

Mine is out 1 maybe 2 mm. The one at the store didn't seem that bad but mine is.
    07-18-09 02:25 AM
    Ya I noticed it too on mine when I was holding it the other day. Left side sticks out but the right side is flush. I don't care though. My battery door has tiny bit of movement but the store I went to all the phones were the same or worse so I'm not even going to bother.
    07-18-09 02:49 AM
    I don't mean to belittle. I simply think that some things are normal, and some aren't. Battery door, Bluetooth issues, screen problems, totally unacceptable. Put something under a microscope though, and you'll see flaws regardless of perfection on the surface. It's a phone, not a Mercedes. My comment was a humorous attempt (or so I thought) of putting things into perspective.

Ya you're right. A Mercedes would have way more problems with it than the Tour.
    07-18-09 02:52 AM
    tour 1 wasnt nor was tour 2. guess what? i dont care. as long as my tour works I am good.
    07-18-09 03:23 AM
    Isn't that what we humans do, look for the flaws in everything so we can complain.
    07-18-09 10:52 AM
    Anyone notice that when you use it to prop open a door, the screen sometimes cracks?

07-18-09 10:54 AM
    Mine is just fine. I have some actual problems with my Tour (mostly with OS 4.7) but the hardware seems just fine.
    07-18-09 11:00 AM

I lol'd..........I mean really, this is a non-issue imho
    07-18-09 11:02 AM

<ROTFLMFAO> This was good :-)
    07-18-09 11:04 AM
    ya i def noticed it too, speaker side has it not so much the other side tho, not a huge issue tho
    07-18-09 11:16 AM
    OK, this is really getting nit picky now. Maybe the ones that aren't flush are the only ones with loose battery doors!! Survey time!
    07-18-09 11:24 AM
    <ROTFLMFAO> This was good :-)
    Not really.

Other than the things listed my tour is great. I'm scared to swap them out because I may get one that is worse.
    07-18-09 12:19 PM
    ya i def noticed it too, speaker side has it not so much the other side tho, not a huge issue tho
    Mine actually scraps me... It really does stick out.

I usually can deal with little things but this is a little much.
    07-18-09 12:22 PM
    My speaker side thing is fine, but the actual keys on the keyboard aren't flush.. check it out:
    This is what I've been talking about:

Anyone have the same/similar situation going on with theirs?
    Last edited by MrsTokyo; 07-18-09 at 12:36 PM.
    07-18-09 12:31 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD